Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cover Athlete
James Tamou vs. James Graham

Covers Australia, NZ and England and having two imposing forwards on the cover works.

Jonathan Thurston vs. Sam Tomkins

If backs were needed...
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
I would love to see the best players from all 16 NRL clubs on the cover just like Rugby League 2 World Cup Edition standing around the trophy. I'm not even going to attempt the cover because I am not anywhere near that talented but if someone was willing to give it ago I would love to see what it would look like.
JT or Shaun Johnson hands down, either one of them is a very good suit for the cover.
Who is the most talked about and in demand player right now.
Daly Cherry-Evans. The fact that he is a Manly player yet every one is hoping their team will buy him says alot about the bloke. He plays for Manly, the team everyone loved to hate.
he is the face of Manly. Most articles about Manly feature his picture. He is well spoken and presents himself beyond 99% of NRL players.

The fact that his signature is so sought after and he is a premiership winner, represented QLD and his country. The guy has it all. Plus he has a baby and is married. People like those things.

Put him on the cover in AUS jumper and everyone sees an Australian champion. Or just keep him in Manly colours and they just see success (Manly have been the most successful team in recent memory).
(01-16-2015, 03:04 AM)krypter Wrote:
(01-15-2015, 11:18 PM)pure_brad Wrote: TBH Thurston or Inglis wouldn't be a great image they have had some off field incident's a while back which people shouldn't totally ignore. They shouldnt go for a person that has had or has been alleged of doing anything wrong to a degree off the field. So I think Ben Hunt or Trent Hodkinson even Daly Cherry-Evans would all be good choices and could be on RLL4 and RLL5 etc as they have many more years to come just my thoughts Smile

Almost every single player has had an 'off field incident'. Inglis and Thurston are literally the official "image" of the NRL now, Hayne and Burgess were two but they are gone now. Those are the two that everyone love. I love Hunt but he's only just had his break out season, Evans is very well spoken and will be one of the faces of the game one day, Hodkinson has never really been a 'public figure'.

The likes of Hunt, Evans, Milford, Keary, Johnson and Brooks will be the big faces in the coming years.

But saying Thurston and Inglis would be a back image is a gee-up mate. Those two go above and beyond for the Rugby League community, especially for the kids.

Obviously no matter who they put on the cover, there will be those who aren't happy about it. I'd say either Thurston, Smith, Inglis, Johnson. Wouldn't be overly shocked if Gallen ends up on there, even though I dislike the man.

But I agree, no Benji this time.

If it's to be one face, Inglis is hands down the face of the NRL currently.

No Gee up mate just my thoughts and not every player has had off field incidents I think it should be Aussie Captain Cam Smith he symbolises a great leader not the quickest, strongest or fastest but he is the smartest player in the competition pure class Smile

And covering up the fact that u say every player has off field incidents makes me think u don't care what they did or where alleged of doing which is disappointing. I like both Players but think there are better role models around. Just because they are doing well now we cant just forget there past I would think
Ok, I was going to say no to Daly, but I'll refocus on Cameron Smith.

Smith is totally unworthy... he lost me after the whole salary cap saga and comments like ""People can say play for your pride and all that but it's round seven, we have to turn up for another 20 weeks and give everything we can really for nothing."
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
(01-16-2015, 02:51 PM)RuckNHell Wrote: Ok, I was going to say no to Daly, but I'll refocus on Cameron Smith.

Smith is totally unworthy... he lost me after the whole salary cap saga and comments like ""People can say play for your pride and all that but it's round seven, we have to turn up for another 20 weeks and give everything we can really for nothing."

Yeah I think the situation got to him there. All them premierships he worked for where taken away and his image got taken a big blow that's why he said that he was over the outcome. The NRL should not have let them play with a team over the cap the where beating teams over the cap which isn't fair NRL should of let them get under the cap then play then play for points. Though I'm going off topic I will stop now lol
(01-16-2015, 02:16 PM)pure_brad Wrote:
(01-15-2015, 11:18 PM)pure_brad Wrote: TBH Thurston or Inglis wouldn't be a great image they have had some off field incident's a while back which people shouldn't totally ignore. They shouldnt go for a person that has had or has been alleged of doing anything wrong to a degree off the field. So I think Ben Hunt or Trent Hodkinson even Daly Cherry-Evans would all be good choices and could be on RLL4 and RLL5 etc as they have many more years to come just my thoughts Smile

Almost every single player has had an 'off field incident'. Inglis and Thurston are literally the official "image" of the NRL now, Hayne and Burgess were two but they are gone now. Those are the two that everyone love. I love Hunt but he's only just had his break out season, Evans is very well spoken and will be one of the faces of the game one day, Hodkinson has never really been a 'public figure'.

The likes of Hunt, Evans, Milford, Keary, Johnson and Brooks will be the big faces in the coming years.

But saying Thurston and Inglis would be a back image is a gee-up mate. Those two go above and beyond for the Rugby League community, especially for the kids.

Obviously no matter who they put on the cover, there will be those who aren't happy about it. I'd say either Thurston, Smith, Inglis, Johnson. Wouldn't be overly shocked if Gallen ends up on there, even though I dislike the man.

No Gee up mate just my thoughts and not every player has had off field incidents I think it should be Aussie Captain Cam Smith he symbolises a great leader not the quickest, strongest or fastest but he is the smartest player in the competition pure class Smile

And covering up the fact that u say every player has off field incidents makes me think u don't care what they did or where alleged of doing which is disappointing. I like both Players but think there are better role models around. Just because they are doing well now we cant just forget there past I would think

I never said I don't care, but Thurston and Inglis have done nothing that warrants a "bad Image". They are the pride of the NRL, especially Thurston. The effort they put into not only the indigenous community, but the nrl community for children in general, is second to none. As people get older, their favourite players tend to be those playing in their own team, but you go out and ask any kid who their favourite player is. Majority will say Thurston, Inglis or Hayne, and Hayne's spot I think will most likely be filled by Milford, Cherry-Evans and Hunt are quick on becoming names kids throw around.

People seem to forget that these guys are people, just like you or me. They aren't these all perfect individuals, and the constant media eye on them and kids looking up to them is extremely hard. None of us can't understand what's that like, imagine how a kid would feel if they saw one of their heroes coming home drunk from the pub, like so many of us take for granted. They have to consider these things, minor off field incidences that nobody would take a second glance at if they were just regular folk, are nothing like what Ferguson and Carney did.

I don't tend to like debating stuff over the net, it's kind of pointless. But saying Greg Inglis and Thurston are a bad image, that's a gee up mate.

Anyway, I agree with everyone on Cherry Evans. He's a well educated, very well spoken man who seem's to value family, he's still developing as a player but he'd be a good choice for the cover if they wanted to go for someone younger.

Biggest problem with NRL fans is the rift that's formed between the states, a QLD player on there and a lot of NSW fans will get their knickers in a twist, and vice versa.

Another choice would be Moylan, that kid is going to lead NSW and AUS to big things.
All good pure_brad, nothing wrong with discussion or going off topic at times Smile.
(01-16-2015, 03:28 PM)krypter Wrote:
(01-16-2015, 02:16 PM)pure_brad Wrote:

I never said I don't care, but Thurston and Inglis have done nothing that warrants a "bad Image". They are the pride of the NRL, especially Thurston. The effort they put into not only the indigenous community, but the nrl community for children in general, is second to none. As people get older, their favourite players tend to be those playing in their own team, but you go out and ask any kid who their favourite player is. Majority will say Thurston, Inglis or Hayne, and Hayne's spot I think will most likely be filled by Milford, Cherry-Evans and Hunt are quick on becoming names kids throw around.

People seem to forget that these guys are people, just like you or me. They aren't these all perfect individuals, and the constant media eye on them and kids looking up to them is extremely hard. None of us can't understand what's that like, imagine how a kid would feel if they saw one of their heroes coming home drunk from the pub, like so many of us take for granted. They have to consider these things, minor off field incidences that nobody would take a second glance at if they were just regular folk, are nothing like what Ferguson and Carney did.

I don't tend to like debating stuff over the net, it's kind of pointless. But saying Greg Inglis and Thurston are a bad image, that's a gee up mate.

Anyway, I agree with everyone on Cherry Evans. He's a well educated, very well spoken man who seem's to value family, he's still developing as a player but he'd be a good choice for the cover if they wanted to go for someone younger.

Biggest problem with NRL fans is the rift that's formed between the states, a QLD player on there and NSW will get their knickers in a twist, vice versa.

Never said bad image I said not a great image people agree to disagree and I agree with the QLD v NSW mentality that happens a lot we should be all for each other and against the English lol :p

(01-16-2015, 03:41 PM)RuckNHell Wrote: All good pure_brad, nothing wrong with discussion or going off topic at times Smile.

Lol that's enough typing for me today especially when I'm on phone hahaha Smile