Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cover Athlete
Do we know if there actually is going to be a Cover Athlete and if there is when can we expect an announcement?
Benji is back in league now but I think it should be one of the elite players like Thurston or Inglis
TBH Thurston or Inglis wouldn't be a great image they have had some off field incident's a while back which people shouldn't totally ignore. They shouldnt go for a person that has had or has been alleged of doing anything wrong to a degree off the field. So I think Ben Hunt or Trent Hodkinson even Daly Cherry-Evans would all be good choices and could be on RLL4 and RLL5 etc as they have many more years to come just my thoughts Smile
Going from the English point of view I'd love to see Jamie peacock on our version because he's retiring this year.

They normally pick the next big young player in super league though which at this point is probably joe burgess.
(01-15-2015, 11:18 PM)pure_brad Wrote: TBH Thurston or Inglis wouldn't be a great image they have had some off field incident's a while back which people shouldn't totally ignore. They shouldnt go for a person that has had or has been alleged of doing anything wrong to a degree off the field. So I think Ben Hunt or Trent Hodkinson even Daly Cherry-Evans would all be good choices and could be on RLL4 and RLL5 etc as they have many more years to come just my thoughts Smile

Almost every single player has had an 'off field incident'. Inglis and Thurston are literally the official "image" of the NRL now, Hayne and Burgess were two but they are gone now. Those are the two that everyone love. I love Hunt but he's only just had his break out season, Evans is very well spoken and will be one of the faces of the game one day, Hodkinson has never really been a 'public figure'.

The likes of Hunt, Evans, Milford, Keary, Johnson and Brooks will be the big faces in the coming years.

But saying Thurston and Inglis would be a back image is a gee-up mate. Those two go above and beyond for the Rugby League community, especially for the kids.

Obviously no matter who they put on the cover, there will be those who aren't happy about it. I'd say either Thurston, Smith, Inglis, Johnson. Wouldn't be overly shocked if Gallen ends up on there, even though I dislike the man.

But I agree, no Benji this time.

If it's to be one face, Inglis is hands down the face of the NRL currently.
Gotta be JT, the current, reigning, defending, Dally M Medalist Tongue
Nobody think Willie Mason should be the man? Wink
Gorgeous George Rose, it has to be somebody with looks after all. Wink
I'm gonna predict shaun' magic' Johnson for the Australian release and for the UK Ryan hall a bit biased but wbw should be in for a shout. Would be worried if he is however as last 2 cover players defected to union and nrl. Its like the madden curse. Pretty sure it won't be Ben flower ; )
None... RLL3 logo only i reckon.