Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
single runs
Is there any way of playing shots for single runs? And I don't mean hitting shots that will go for 2 or 3 runs but only taking the single run so as to keep the form batsman on strike / keep the tailender away from strike.
in theory you press the defend trigger down lightly (about half way) and that will nurdle it for 1 but I never got the hang of it.
He's given that a fearsome tweak!
(11-23-2014, 03:54 AM)mattthorpe Wrote: in theory you press the defend trigger down lightly (about half way) and that will nurdle it for 1 but I never got the hang of it.

Aye. That way of playing shots with the defend modifier 'half pressed' has been bandied about since the game was released. Does it work for anyone out there? I was under the impression that the modifier could only be in one of two positions. Off....or on. Depressing the modifier , no matter how lightly, will play a defensive shot.
Never worked for me.
I have done it (on 360) and nurdled the odd single so it does work. just next to impossible to implement.
He's given that a fearsome tweak!
(11-24-2014, 08:35 AM)mattthorpe Wrote: I have done it (on 360) and nurdled the odd single so it does work. just next to impossible to implement.

Maybe that's where the Xbox One's new pressure-sensitive triggers come into play...
So....do these pressure sensitive triggers on XB1work? Like in the context of nurdling a single. Or maybe when playing a half triggered slog sweep.
(11-24-2014, 04:58 AM)Frankieabbott Wrote:
(11-23-2014, 03:54 AM)mattthorpe Wrote: in theory you press the defend trigger down lightly (about half way) and that will nurdle it for 1 but I never got the hang of it.

Aye. That way of playing shots with the defend modifier 'half pressed' has been bandied about since the game was released. Does it work for anyone out there? I was under the impression that the modifier could only be in one of two positions. Off....or on. Depressing the modifier , no matter how lightly, will play a defensive shot.

I think it does work. I can't do it to order, but there are many times that I haven't pressed it properly and it has played an aggressive defensive shot. I don't know if a patch has improved it but fielders seem to miss more often now, so quick singles are possible, but always a risk.