Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you prefer Aussie Rules, Rugby League, or Rugby Union?? WHY?
Maybe if the post was titled what is a better comp - NRL, AFL or super rugby then NRL IMO would be the best. However NRL is IMO becoming a little strangled and losing it's direction in its one eyed ambition to compete with the AFL. Some could argue this year is the beginning of some major issues for the NRL.

It's management focus on NFL player litigation in the USA due prolonged effects of concussion and other brain damaging injuries not to mention the career ending injuries it has had to deal with. To "clean up" the game NRL bringing in no punch rules- resulting in AFL type Shirt tugging wrecking the SofO. The constant mess the decoy runners make each time a try is scored. Probably the worst of the issues is the off field star player behavior is getting out of control. Not to mention State of origin is a cancer to the competition. Scheduling is also an issue but not as bad as it is in the AFL. Salary issues where you get situations like what is happening at manly is of a concern. But it has a lot to offer as well like being able to see jarrod hayne, Shaun Johnson, slater and smith, cherry Evans.
Big Ant please please please make Rugby Challenge. That's where the money is baby. Aim for release pre World Cup 2019.
I think you blokes only look at union through Australian eyes. aFL and league don't really register anywhere else other than Australia.

NRL being a dumbed down version of rugby by default cannot be a better game it makes no sense. What does make sense is that it can be enjoyed for what it is. I like league but it is not rugby.

Firstly your speaking of bias yet you've unwittingly shown your own, we're talking about our preferred sport and your rubbishing everything else to 'prove' union is superior...

Secondly your argument that rugby league being dumbed down and by default cannot be a better game? Pleeeease, that is complete nonsense, regardless of origin the games are completely different..

I appreciate your love of rugby, had fun playing it but your insulting a sport I love in an effort to seek gratification or some kind of comfort that 'your' sport is cooler than 'our' sport and 'everyone' says so
I love watching all sport at the elite level, I'm a junkie when it comes to that. I did enjoy Union above all else but not as much these days, to the point that I'd rather watch domestic games of NRL or AFL more than the current domestic games of Union.

It's not an insult to the game, it's an insult to the way it has, in my opinion, been mismanaged. It's not unlike the time when they tried to change the flavour of Coke to gain market share - difference is they realised and admitted that they screwed it up and went back to "Coke classic"... I'd love to see Rugby "Classic".

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
End of the day... they're all great sports. But yes... don't mess with Coke. Smile
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
Agreed, they are are all great sports, very diplomatic of you...The passion the three codes brings out in people (clearly including myself) speaks for itself
I love ripping on other sports... but yeah, horses for courses. Smile And I'd rather play anything rather than nothing at all.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
I guess a better way to put it would be rugby has everything league has and more. Oops.
Big Ant please please please make Rugby Challenge. That's where the money is baby. Aim for release pre World Cup 2019.
If by more you mean... the unnecessary excitement of butt inspections (I think you call them lineouts), the mystery of the random penalty generator (which take more time than League Scrums), softer tackling and more messy play the balls... then yep, your way could be a better way to put it. Tongue
Or perhaps the Wire as opposed to SVU.
More appropriate would be comparing your Ashley Olsen (Union) to Mary-Kate Olsen(League). Smile