Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
And my opinion is…..
Hi Ross,

I first caught wind of DBC after many hours leading up to RC1 release on Sidhe forums a couple of years back. After Sidhe Rugby League venture came to an end and BA took the reins I was a little weary however once I was able to play RLL2 for myself I was amazed at the high level of gameplay. It gave me indication that BA know how to make a game fun as well as create a relatively realistic sports simulation game. That coupled with some of the great ideas such as enabling friends to play online in comps such as the NRL (which takes a lot of insight-you still cant do this in FIFA) makes RLL2 absolutely brilliant.

Ever since I have been interested and have frequently browsed the forums looking for info regarding the development of this game. I have played cricket ever since I was 8 and currently play grade cricket in Perth. For just as long I have played different cricket video/computer games. None of the previous cricket titles across all platforms I have played have reached the tier I believe DBC14 sits upon.

I have played DBC14 non stop for 2 weeks now. I have spent 3 hours in career and about 25-30 hours in custom game tour matches (playing full games is more my cuppa tea but understand the ‘RTTS’ direction with career mode as it seems to be the way to go) . Living off approximately 5 hours sleep a night I have been able to complete Blackcap tours of England and West Indies without simulating as well as a couple casual Shield matches with the Warriors.

IMO DBC14 is the best sports/ game to released by AUS/NZ developer hands down (denote – have not played online). In relation to world devs and comparisons- Madden, FIFA, 2kNBA, EANHL, MLB The Show, 2kMLB (now discontinued), NCAA (now discontinued), NBA Live, Tiger woods (no iteration 2014 planned old or new gen) DBC14 punches well above its weight. BA is to the video gaming industry what the Philadelphia Eagles is to the NFC East. (compliment).

I have tweaked and tinkered with the great game type customization (IMO probably one of the best custom features rivalled only by MLB the show game customisation or 2kNBA sliders possibly EA NHL) to find the right balance for a simulated test match series/tour against the AI.

Pro batting/bowling, 4 innings, 4 days, 30 overs (new ball at 23) with all HUD turned off gives me a really competitive test match against the AI. Now that my batting skill is getting better I am thinking of extending the custom game type to 5 x 30 over days. Takes about 3 hours to complete but it is worth every minute. The scores generating I am seeing innings totals of anywhere between 120 to 220 which is great working off a 2 for 1 ratio e.g. team total 150 = 300runs or bowling figures 3 for 30 = 3 for 60.

I hope this venture brings you and your Australian business all the fruits (hard cash) you deserve. Thankyou for this great game and keep up the good work.
Big Ant please please please make Rugby Challenge. That's where the money is baby. Aim for release pre World Cup 2019.
Thanks for the very kind words jello222, really appreciate it.

There is a big year ahead and big news to come Smile

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
(04-18-2014, 07:06 PM)Ross Wrote: There is a big year ahead and big news to come Smile

Rugby League Live 3 SURELY!!!!!

with career mode my player Big Grin
They are kind words and all deserved. Easily the best video games company in not just Australasia, but when put in terms of budget and resources, the best sports game makers in the world.

Great write-up jello222, I'm excited as to find out what this "big news to come" is Big Grin
If the big news to come hasn't got anything to do with BA making a rugby game I'm going to have to call upon the services of B.Watson, Barrister who can be contacted at [email protected] and he will find some reason to sue Ross :p
Get ready for a [email protected]%&ing broken arm!!!!!
Give me rugby, league, cricket, or give me death.
Big Ant please please please make Rugby Challenge. That's where the money is baby. Aim for release pre World Cup 2019.
Give me AFL or Cricket Wink
Without starting a ruckus- AFL meh. But I guess Each to their inbred own.
I think it's code wars time!! To kick start the war League is for illiterate simpletons, while AFL is just aerial ping long:p Union is for proper men
Get ready for a [email protected]%&ing broken arm!!!!!