Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game play questions
Ok from reading here I worked out why I have been able to hit on the leg side(pressing the stick when moving it)

Now I have bowling questions

How do you effect the line of pace bowlers I noticed a lote of my delivereries while being released in the good area of the display still go wide.

Is there something I'm missing.

Soooooo frustrating but in a good way.

On another note a copy of this game needs to be sent
To Cricket Australia, icc and the cricket boards in England and India.

It's clear the only game developer who should make official cricket games is Big Ant
Fantastic work guys.
When you flick up on the right stick to release the ball, the angle you choose will determine the line of the delivery
#Thegreatestgameofall
more Q's

in career what do the skill bars go up to and what is their SCALE???

i got +11 in swing in a singular match, and it didnt go up 11 notches on the bars, it only highlighted 1 bar.

it feels as my player progresses im not actually filling up the bars accordingly, so does this mean the maximum is increasing also?
(04-07-2014, 01:58 PM)PJ6 Wrote: When you flick up on the right stick to release the ball, the angle you choose will determine the line of the delivery

So is big angle leg and smaller angle off side or vise versa???

Should you be aiming for the middle of good range
Can someone please explain how spin bowling works? Ive read the manual but it doesent seem to work that way when i try it in game?
Is catching just by pressing the right analog stick button?
(04-07-2014, 01:58 PM)ak47 Wrote: in career what do the skill bars go up to and what is their SCALE???

It's the same as when you give attributes in CA, I get 30+ points on 1 skill sometimes and it only goes up a few bars, I don't know the scale though. So I'm no help lol.

(04-07-2014, 02:21 PM)Punter Wrote: Can someone please explain how spin bowling works? Ive read the manual but it doesent seem to work that way when i try it in game?

Use the match practice, it explains the controls in a lot more detail. My tip,
It says only rotate the LS 3 x for spin strength so I don't start rotating until I'm half way through my run up because it will start going back down after it hits the max spin.

Also for anyone who hasn't worked it out yet, the instructions say L1 & R1 (PS3) to change bowling side, it is actually L2. I went a little while in career thinking only the ai could change it :p

(04-07-2014, 03:10 PM)gilrath10 Wrote: Is catching just by pressing the right analog stick button?

Yes, but any close in catches or c & b's are rediculously hard to get. There also doesn't seem to be any timing involved, even for outfield catches, as long as you press it between the batsman hitting it and it reaching the fielder it will be caught.
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
What do the "Straight Bat" & "Flat Bat" skills mean?
(04-07-2014, 08:31 PM)gilrath10 Wrote: What do the "Straight Bat" & "Flat Bat" skills mean?

I think its basically strength of playing straight ( driving) and cross bat (cut or pull for example)

In reference to the comment about spin bowling - the part of the manual that tells you how to bowl different deliveries seems to be wrong? It says something like diagonal up left is leg spinner for a right armer and diagonal up right is a googlie. Based on the direction of turn I've found a standard leggie is actually up right and up left seems to be a really loopy straighter ball.
For wrist spin. Up/left = leggy, up = top spinner, up/right = googly, right = drift & flight, down/right = slow drift & flight, down = slider, down/left = slow drift, left = drift. All seem to work fine for me, although I find when you push up on the RS to bowl the angle you release at can sometimes change the spin direction.
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17