Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanks
Hello Ross and the team at big ant

I would like to personally thank Ross and bigant for delivering such an amazing title, you have captured much of the enjoyment I like about cricket, I have been wowed and amazed I played straight away on pro level and well my career hasn't shaped up too well all 3 of them ill be starting fresh today Big Grin I may of been too eager. I love the fact that there is realistic run rates too it just makes the game that much more better seeing a match go for four days instead of 1-2 thank you thank you thank you!

Im sure you will sort out that linking problem with D/L teams but hey im not that concerned about it as im a straight up career player, so only I really matter Big Grin

My favourite moment in game so far has been an LBW appeal were I was done by a ripper of an outswinger after being set up by 3 straight ones, I thought it was sliding done leg took it on the pads reviewed like shane Watson and what do you know, umpires call at the end of the day! that and I got an edge didn't think I hit it hotspor confirmed just the smallest of in inside edge.

so thank you for an amazing game.
How have you found the fielding? it's the only issue I have, not hitting the button quick enough for c&b or close catches. I'm thinking full auto for career mode atleast may be the way to go.

And thank you too Ross and co. it's an amazing game. The career mode alone is going to take years to finish lol, and then there's the huge amount of single player combinations, and then online, WOW.
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
So... Much... Hate.... Big Grin

Ok, not hate by jealousy.

Glad to see you guys are enjoying it.. I'm going to prematurely thank Big Ant, because these two posts (and other feedback I've read) are just proving that Big Ant were on the money and that confidence, wasn't misplaced (not that it was ever in doubt).

People were bitching about it missing the Cricket season... but for a true cricket fan... 24/7 365 is a good time for Cricket and the PS3 is going to get so much love this year. Smile
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
Even more so when Australia has just had a very ordinary world cup, plenty of revenge to be had lol. There's always cricket somewhere, and now it's on my PS3 too, yay.
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
Got the game, I'm pretty rubbish at it at the moment. Spin bowling is awkward right now both controlling it and batting against it. It will come in time.

Only annoying thing I see so far is when fielding the ball the stumps get smashed of the ground too often, sometimes at both ends. I guess something for a future patch perhaps.

Really quite enjoying it though and as I get used to playing it more through practice, I can see me playing this quite a bit.

Needs PS Move batting control added too for PS3. Smile
i so want this GAME!! , waiting for delivery
#BackTheAllBlacks

(04-03-2014, 12:26 PM)theaxe1606 Wrote: How have you found the fielding? it's the only issue I have, not hitting the button quick enough for c&b or close catches. I'm thinking full auto for career mode atleast may be the way to go.

And thank you too Ross and co. it's an amazing game. The career mode alone is going to take years to finish lol, and then there's the huge amount of single player combinations, and then online, WOW.

I know what you mean about the fielding, but I'm sure it'll come with time and adjustment to it. Not something any of us should automatically be great at, but I think an option for those not fond of it as is would be good.

(04-03-2014, 12:36 PM)RuckNHell Wrote: So... Much... Hate.... Big Grin

Ok, not hate by jealousy.

Glad to see you guys are enjoying it.. I'm going to prematurely thank Big Ant, because these two posts (and other feedback I've read) are just proving that Big Ant were on the money and that confidence, wasn't misplaced (not that it was ever in doubt).

People were bitching about it missing the Cricket season... but for a true cricket fan... 24/7 365 is a good time for Cricket and the PS3 is going to get so much love this year. Smile

well the t20 world cup is on at the moment, so cricket fever is in the air, i dont care when it comes and if its not in the cricket season, as long as it comes, people are so stupid
#BackTheAllBlacks

(04-03-2014, 01:09 PM)Reon Wrote: Got the game, I'm pretty rubbish at it at the moment. Spin bowling is awkward right now both controlling it and batting against it. It will come in time.

Only annoying thing I see so far is when fielding the ball the stumps get smashed of the ground too often, sometimes at both ends. I guess something for a future patch perhaps.

Really quite enjoying it though and as I get used to playing it more through practice, I can see me playing this quite a bit.

Needs PS Move batting control added too for PS3. Smile

In career it's annoying because you have no control over the ai fielding but in a normal match its ok because there are 4 options for throwing. To the keeper, to the bowler, at the strikers stumps or at the non strikers stumps, just have to remember which buttons, I usually just mash 1 of them with out thinking lol. But the keeper or bowler do have a habit of knocking the bails off anyway lol, just like my habit of appealing for anything that hits the pads :p
I'm absolutely in love with career mode. I have an overall batting average of about 10 with a high score of 40 after one complete season of australian domestic. (Was playing the game from when I got it lunch time yesterday till 5 this morning..) I'm not a big gamer but In DB14 I take a lot of pride in my career guy making runs and I'm genuinely upset when he gets out haha. A game doesn't get much better than that does it?

Besides the hitting of the stumps every time from anywhere on the field which I'm sure will be fixed very soon because it is a major thing.
My question is, can we change the skill level of players in the WA side? (I don't mind restarting my career mode) Because the likes of Phillip Hughes and Cameron Bancroft are front line bowlers in career mode and players like Jason Behrendorff and Michael Hogan didnt bowl once during an entire season despite playing every match. My guess is that it's just to do with the skill levels that have been assigned, so can we change that?

By the way, even though I'm most likely the only person in the world (edit: playing db14) with a last name of Gerace, I really love that the commentator says my name when I get a trundle Wink