Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Don Bradman UPDATE 99.94d
Download the Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta Version 0.99.94d here:

http://download.cricketacademygame.com/

If you already have the Cricket Academy V0.99.94 or above you can download an update to Version 0.99.94d here:

http://update.cricketacademygame.com/

Welcome to the Don Bradman Cricket Academy Beta for Windows
=================================================
UPDATE 99.94d - Change Notes

* Ability to Advance down the wicket and play blocking strokes

* Score system changes, hitting the ball will gain a point, lbw, bowled or edges will cause an "out" and will reset your score

* Report Teams and Players as being incorrectly censored

* Increased frame rate on low powered PC's

* Various bug fixes

=================================================

Point of Note:

Lowering Character Textures in Graphics Options will affect the look of the character

This is a standalone PC version of the Cricket Academy that will be available with

Don Bradman Cricket 14 to be released in 2014.

You will be able to create and share players with the rest of the community and be able to

download those players on whichever platform you purchase the full release of the game on.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
Cheers Ross, sound good.
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
Thanks for including the ability to advance down the wicket and block. TBH I didn't think you would include it due to it being a small feature but once again you've done what the community asked for. I've haven't seen a game developer implement community wishes so quickly and well. Keep up the good work Big Grin
Get ready for a [email protected]%&ing broken arm!!!!!
Ross, I have been playing this for a while now and I haven't been given LBW once. I've deliberately left a few to hit me on the pads and there has been no wicket loss when it's plum LBW

Also, even when I edge it into my pads and the ball drops to my feet, I'm given out
Whitewash for the Aussies!!!
Any edge is out regardless of where the ball lands.

LBW's should be in - not sure what is happening there.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
Ah, that's a little annoying, but it's still a very good system.

I've been trying to be given LBW for about 10min now. Got nothing.
Whitewash for the Aussies!!!
Sounds like a good update!
Ok, just spent an hour in the nets. After a few minutes I thought "I'm going for ton". Many 15-20s later I thought "I'm going for a 50". THEN I realise the power button (LT) gives you a 2, the ton's back on the cards. Alas, no, 72 top score and a bit frustrated lol.

Ross is there any truth to my suspicion that playing back foot LT shots result in more aerial shots than a front foot LT shot, or was it just my imagination and does anyone ever get short balls outside off? Every short ball I get is down leg.

Now when the game comes out and you can't pick when the ball will be down leg because of the bowling machine's tell, this will be a challenge.
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
Thanks for update Ross.
Every thought you produce, anything you say, any action you do, it bears your signature.
I can personally say that LBW is in. Smile Nice work.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”