Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Graphical Comparion?
Is it possible to get a screen shot showing graphical comparisons between the PC and PS3 version?

In a similar location if that makes sense?

Thanks.
I was also wondering, most probably a silly question.. Are the graphics better on PC than the ps3/xbox?
After playing on the ps4 I don't know if I could go back to the older gen games again.. So if there is a difference between the ps3 and pc with respect to graphics, it would be a deciding factor for me.
Thanks
Remember back in the old days when Brian Lara on megadrive was out, i picked it up the other day and it was fun as!. Just d pad and a couple buttons, cartoony graphics, yet i was smiling from ear to ear... Smile

Why does every minute detail get so analized these dayz?. I've been there and now looking back it just pisses me off thinking of how stupid i was back then. >(
We have a mantra that "Gameplay is King" and is the primary focus of our games, graphical quality is second, maybe I have that view because the games we had to play in the 70/80's required you to have a lot of imagination Smile

We know our games aren't up to the graphical quality of some of the competitive product but it is an active choice to get gameplay right first and get the graphics right in later versions.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
(02-02-2014, 10:03 AM)Ross Wrote: We have a mantra that "Gameplay is King" and is the primary focus of our games, graphical quality is second, maybe I have that view because the games we had to play in the 70/80's required you to have a lot of imagination Smile

We know our games aren't up to the graphical quality of some of the competitive product but it is an active choice to get gameplay right first and get the graphics right in later versions.

Ross the graphics of Big Ant games are the best for any sport game. The graphics for Rugby League Live 2 are heaps better than Fifa or NBA on same gen consoles
Lol, nice of you to say that but we know we have a lot of work to do before we even come close to FIFA/NBA Smile

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
I agree gameplay is the most important factor for me. Graphics are also nice to have just adds that extra icing on the cake. Tongue
Lot of good posts here...

Starting back in the Atari days... gameplay was king, but then again I would never say graphics were unimportant as I do like my bling.

I wouldn't say that there is a great divide between Big Ant and the others. Ok, I admit I was blinded to the blessing that RLL was. But that was more of a misguided loyalty thing... RLL2 and DBC have blown away all predecessors.

Don't change the way you do things Ross. Smile
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
Have to agree that game play is numero uno on my list.

Take GT6 for example, I love the game but the fact that they have premium and standard car models tells me that they've gone for quantity over quality. I still play GT and GT2 on PS1 purely because it is fun and there are some cars in there I love like the Nissan Pulsar Gtir and Vzr, I would rather have them than 50 Skylines. I also play Shane Warne Cricket on PS1 and Megadrive and Super International Cricket on NES (I still suck no matter how much I play).

I remember the first time I played Shane Warne on PS1, I keeped mashing the shot button when I was batting and kept getting out, it took me a little while to work out every time I hit the button the command was reset and therefore the batsman didn't play a shot. It was hard for me to just press the button once lol.

And not quite going back to the Atari but games like Alex Kidd, California Games and the duck shooting game with the gun on Master system are all still favourites.

I recently got NBA 2k14 and it looks great, and maybe I just suck but I can't get to grips with the controls. Pretty sure I just suck at that one but, there is just so much variations with the controls I don't have the time to master it and haven't really had an enjoyable play session.

As far as Big Ant games, RLL was rough as far as graphics, we all know that. And game modes were lacking but, I really enjoyed the gameplay. It took me a lot of gaming hours to get to the hardest difficulty but, once I did and I won a comp it felt like a real accomplishment. And online was a lot of fun too. RLL2 is a big leap in graphics and game modes and gameplay vs another person is pretty much perfect but, I feel it lacks in the AI department. I only say that because I'm nearly finished my career and the way I'm going I will probably end up with 10/10 premierships on the hardest level.
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
Thanks for the reply Ross, much appreciated.

I completely agree with your priorities in this aspect, as I'm sure almost all the other readers of this forum would.

Though I should have explained my self clearer initially. I meant to say the graphics is a deciding factor for which console to buy db14 on to me and maybe others. Will the pc version with resolution full, be better than then ps3/Xbox versions in terms of graphics?

Thanks for your time