Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AI batsman
Will it be possible to 'set up' an AI batsman?
As in bowling a bunch of out swingers to get him leaving then sneak in an inswinger.

I've no idea if its possible to program AI to behave realistically in that way I was just wondering?
That would be a great feature
Whitewash for the Aussies!!!
Not bad idea. It would be great if available such type of behavior of A1.
Every thought you produce, anything you say, any action you do, it bears your signature.
I set one up the other week in our local comp. Leg Cutter, Out swinger. Had him in the mind that it was another outty the BAM! Inswinger to trap him plum LBW. We did have them 5 for 0 for the poms that 5 wickets for no runs (i ended up with 4/3 off 6 overs). The tail wagged, we rolled em for 25. But i think it should be implemented. It can be done and if anything to go by this game is a full on Cricket simulation game then yes it should/will be in there!
(01-24-2014, 06:46 PM)mattthorpe Wrote: Will it be possible to 'set up' an AI batsman?
As in bowling a bunch of out swingers to get him leaving then sneak in an inswinger.

I've no idea if its possible to program AI to behave realistically in that way I was just wondering?

We do have some of that but have needed to be careful not to overdo it and allow exploits.

If there was a pattern that you knew worked well then you could say go out, out, out, in - we try make sure there is an element of identification of a batsmans weaknesses required too.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
I remember in Cricket 07, if you had a rh bowler to lh batter and vice versa you could bowl a half volley pitching on leg stump and almost always get a bowled or lbw. And with spinners bowling really slow good length balls outside off for an offy and outside leg for a leggy you could get a lot of catches at bat pad. Not as complex as what you're talking about but, an exploit non the less.

And going back even further and not cricket related, there was a soccer world cup game on ps1. If you took the ball down the wing and put a good cross in the ai player in the box would almost always score off a header.
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
A1 batsman has the quality of well playing and He also do struggle to win the match.
Whaaa..???
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17