Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross, EB Games says they don't have a Preorder Code for PS4.
Just letting you and the rest of the team at Big Ant know, but the EB Games in Kalgoorlie is saying they haven't got anything from you guys in regards to PS4 or Xbox One preorders, nor for PS3, which they told me when I tried preordering DBC14 on PS4 yesterday. Might be worthwhile sending forward a preorder code or something to any retailers that might wanna stock the game so people can preorder it. Already my store has a small display the same size as any other on the Xbox 360 area showing the game and the bonus you get for preordering it (a Steelbook cover). I'd like that cover, I collect them for games, so I was wondering if BigAnt were sending the info around the country already or if there were just places you forgot. In the one at Garden City in Perth, it had a display for the PS4 one IIRC. Just letting ya know.

Cheers, subtek
correct me if im wrong but thought it was pc/ps3/xbox 360 platform game?
I was surprised to see when I went into the EB Games in my town that they'd taken down the display adevertising pre-order, the poster and the steel book. They still have the standard 31st January guess on their system, but have taken down ALL display for the product.

It may be that they won't begin re-promoting it until a definitive date is put out. That is if they still have the poster and display items to use (ie not chucked out).

I'm really easy about the release date (it could release months later and I'll still buy it), but I'm wondering if it may not have occurred to Tru Blu and Big Ant that without any sort've real idea of what's going on, a certain percentage of outlets will chuck their promotional items out, perhaps affecting a percentage of sales.

That's unless there's enough money floating around to re-distribute promotional materials all over again. Which would surprise me.

Sure it's the only store I've seen in the last month, but if that's happening in 20-30% of stores, (I'd suggest more - post Christmas stores turf a LOT of promotional materials Xmas related or not), I'm not sure it's going to help sales figures on release, which is when you want to sell your full priced item.

(01-10-2014, 02:57 PM)subtekjr Wrote: they haven't got anything from you guys in regards to PS4 or Xbox One preorders which they told me when I tried preordering DBC14 on PS4 yesterday.

The game is not going to be released on next gen consoles, sorry
(01-10-2014, 04:18 PM)AustralianGamersCentral Wrote:
(01-10-2014, 02:57 PM)subtekjr Wrote: they haven't got anything from you guys in regards to PS4 or Xbox One preorders which they told me when I tried preordering DBC14 on PS4 yesterday.

Really? I'm sure they announced it would be a while ago. It was the reason I got the PS4 at launch.
(01-10-2014, 04:18 PM)AustralianGamersCentral Wrote:

Where are you getting your information from? The current understanding is that it will be releasing at some unknown point of time in the future on PS4 and Xbox One.

Note the whole Wikipedia part. Also, on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pla...on_4_games

Note Don Bradman Cricket 14 on that list, set to come out in 2014, unknown date
(01-10-2014, 04:12 PM)C A Iversen Wrote: I was surprised to see when I went into the EB Games in my town that they'd taken down the display adevertising pre-order, the poster and the steel book. They still have the standard 31st January guess on their system, but have taken down ALL display for the product.

It may be that they won't begin re-promoting it until a definitive date is put out. That is if they still have the poster and display items to use (ie not chucked out).

I'm really easy about the release date (it could release months later and I'll still buy it), but I'm wondering if it may not have occurred to Tru Blu and Big Ant that without any sort've real idea of what's going on, a certain percentage of outlets will chuck their promotional items out, perhaps affecting a percentage of sales.

That's unless there's enough money floating around to re-distribute promotional materials all over again. Which would surprise me.

Sure it's the only store I've seen in the last month, but if that's happening in 20-30% of stores, (I'd suggest more - post Christmas stores turf a LOT of promotional materials Xmas related or not), I'm not sure it's going to help sales figures on release, which is when you want to sell your full priced item.

We pay for the boxes to be in store, most EB stores still have them up. I can't vouch for any individual store and manager.

There are pre-order codes for the relevant announced versions.

@AustralianGamersCentral - regardless of saying "sorry", stop making things up.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
(01-11-2014, 11:39 PM)Ross Wrote:
(01-10-2014, 04:12 PM)C A Iversen Wrote: I was surprised to see when I went into the EB Games in my town that they'd taken down the display adevertising pre-order, the poster and the steel book. They still have the standard 31st January guess on their system, but have taken down ALL display for the product.

We pay for the boxes to be in store, most EB stores still have them up. I can't vouch for any individual store and manager.

There are pre-order codes for the relevant announced versions.

@AustralianGamersCentral - regardless of saying "sorry", stop making things up.

Thanks for the reply Ross, and sorry if I've made too big a thing out of it. I'm glad if most of them have them still up. It's an important part (as a collective group of stores) of marketing and I'm frankly a bit disappointed in my store.

It could show up any time from February to whenever for me, but I just want it to sell enough to make sequels.