Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AFL Live 2
Question 
Hey guys,
just wondering if there's going to be a second AFL Live released and if so when, i realy enjoyed the first and would love to see you guys give another crack.
They wont be able to say anything, but based on what the great Ross said about their long term strategy, and whats hapenned with rugby league live 2. yes its happening.

When? next year probably, you'd think the first half of the season just based on the logic of hype, but they also released the league game a week after the season was over this year so WHO KNOWS!!!!!
Just to clarify. Why won't they be able to say anything? Do you work in the game industry? I know when I did an intern at wicked witch they had a non disclosure agreement but that doesn't mean every company do it for every game and I still never understood why?
You would have to imagine that at some point, the hype and anticipation would be better publicity than any marketing campaign.
Based on what's been said by Ross on BigFooty, it seems like they're still not allowed to comment on it. There have been hundreds of questions posted and he rarely gives more than an emoticon in response. I'd agree that letting the cat out of the bag and telling people it's coming is likely the best solution for hype but I'm sure the guys at BigAnt aren't stupid and they'll have a good reason for keeping tight lips on this one.
Whether it be something to do with the AFL, Sony, Microsoft or some other party who's not allowing them to spread the word, I'm guessing that we'll be told more info as soon as they're allowed to give it to us.
(10-19-2012, 10:15 PM)wce708 Wrote: Hey guys,
just wondering if there's going to be a second AFL Live released and if so when, i realy enjoyed the first and would love to see you guys give another crack.

(10-20-2012, 06:16 PM)MichaelPowell Wrote: Just to clarify. Why won't they be able to say anything? Do you work in the game industry? I know when I did an intern at wicked witch they had a non disclosure agreement but that doesn't mean every company do it for every game and I still never understood why?

I'm sure if there was an afl sequel being made, and ross could tell people, he would, he has always been very enthusiastic about the AFL game. And yes i also agree that it would be for the better for the game if they did start announcing it and building hype, BUT bigant get their bread buttered by the publisher, in this case trublu, and they have their own marketing team, and they need to feel important, so they look to have complete control of all the information, which unfortunately makes a very fascinating industry notoriously closeted.

So for a game like Call of duty, they like to plan the the whole marketing campaign down to second to maximise hype, and they plan their reveal carefully. Trublu however, will likely just have a facebook post and press release sent around announcing the game and its features, and say that they will release a trailer a few weeks before launch. Trublu's marketing overall is pretty pathetic generally, and it is totally possible that it is completely understaffed and underfunded, But why not leverage one of the best free resources you have, passionate developers, who will talk at length to fans about the game.

Bit of a rant, but whatever. Ross i will work PR for Bigant if needed.