Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Union Game?
I have often thought that makers of union games would without even starting...already be halfway there to making a league game...and vice versa.

Now that you have made a league game...does Big Ant have any plans to make a Union game? Build it off RLL2?

Even though i know nothing about computer programming...would it pretty much be get RLL2 and put in stuff as simple as:

Put 4 more players on the pitch
Reprogramme the defensive line to line up where the marker lines up
Create one generic animation to join ruck or maul (like JLR where they dont bind on to the tackled people on the ground but go over him and if they join a maul then the player held up is moving with the two teams)
Put in the command to join or leave a ruck or maul
Programme in how a ruck is to be won or lost
Create lineout animations
Create scrum animations
Do rugby lines for the field
Programme in the rules of rugby
Take out of programme the 6 tackles

Anyway...just something to think about...building a union game from the RLL2 template may be a cheap way to make a game...which would produce a higher profit margin as a result. The audience for union games is bigger...and at the moment union fans are not happy with the current releases of RC and RWC11...so there is a chance to get a fair chunk of the union market with dissatisfied fans from last year and no new union games on the immediate horizon.
(10-10-2012, 05:01 PM)Gay-Guy Wrote: I have often thought that makers of union games would without even starting...already be halfway there to making a league game...and vice versa.

Now that you have made a league game...does Big Ant have any plans to make a Union game? Build it off RLL2?

If there was an opportunity we would grab it with both hands Smile
(10-10-2012, 05:56 PM)Ross Wrote: If there was an opportunity we would grab it with both hands Smile

Good to hear Shy .....now....time for us to pray that opportunity comes a knocking
Would like to see Big Ant make an Arcade (ish) Rah Rah game. Making a simulation for Union means 100 stoppages per match. Similar to Cricket games simulations, just doesn't work, far to boring.
(10-10-2012, 07:05 PM)Slash Wrote: Would like to see Big Ant make an Arcade (ish) Rah Rah game. Making a simulation for Union means 100 stoppages per match. Similar to Cricket games simulations, just doesn't work, far to boring.

I don't tell too many people this, being a Victorian and all... but I grew up playing Rugby up until colts (we played in Parra jumpers though as there were no shops selling Union jumpers down here). Would love to make a game Smile
(10-10-2012, 09:59 PM)Ross Wrote: I don't tell too many people this, being a Victorian and all... but I grew up playing Rugby up until colts (we played in Parra jumpers though as there were no shops selling Union jumpers down here). Would love to make a game Smile
Hehe....you have already started making it...it is abou 60% finished Wink
(10-11-2012, 07:30 AM)Gay-Guy Wrote:
(10-10-2012, 09:59 PM)Ross Wrote: I don't tell too many people this, being a Victorian and all... but I grew up playing Rugby up until colts (we played in Parra jumpers though as there were no shops selling Union jumpers down here). Would love to make a game Smile

Scoop? Shy

Ross, did you ever stomp anyone. You must really miss those mauls.
(10-11-2012, 11:30 AM)Slash Wrote:
(10-11-2012, 07:30 AM)Gay-Guy Wrote:

Scoop? Shy

Ross, did you ever stomp anyone. You must really miss those mauls.

Was a winger when i was much fitter (and faster)... and I was normally the one on the end of a mauling (or stomping)!
I thought Sidhe were the ones who were given the rights to make Union games from Tru Blu.
That's what I like about Football!
(10-14-2012, 08:41 PM)AFL Wrote: I thought Sidhe were the ones who were given the rights to make Union games from Tru Blu.

Licenses come and licenses go... HB Studios also produced a Union game too Smile

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com