Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
What's everyone's thoughts on Ashes Cricket 2013 so far?
The screenshots were released a couple of days ago and the game looks... Odd? Or is that just me?

Do you think Big Ant Cricket can beat it graphically?

I'm pretty excited for both, but it's still early days for both games!
To be perfectly honest I haven't given Ashes Cricket much thought at all. Big Ant won me over with RLL2 and CA sealed the deal. I'm only interested in Big Ant's cricket games.

That said, those screenshots didn't give me any reason to doubt my decision.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
Yeah, Ruck is right with those screens not helping at all. They were no better than Ashes 09
I actually thought there was something wrong with my eyes or my computer?
Surely those must be from REALLY early on?

Oh well, it looks like Big Ant Cricket will be the way to go!
Well there are the excuses that it isn't the finished product and that it is from the Wii version... if you believe that stuff. But as I said in another thread, the picture that Big Ant released last year in October should be the measuring stick, and Ashes didn't really bring anything to the table with these screenshots.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
I was excited at first, to get a new cricket game! Then we were getting 2! Hoho, I thought, one of them must be good (I didn't like AC09 or IC10, but they were rehauling everything, so it could be the 505 one which wins). I would have bought them both regardless, to support the cricket game industry and get 2 (hopefully) good cricket games. The more I learned about both, the more I was leaning towards BA as the one which would suit me best. The more I learned the more I was realising that 505 have made a pretty substandard game and BA, an awesome one. With these screens, they're gunna have to blow me away with something new soon or I'll be keeping my money. Whilst I want to support cricket games being made... I will not pay for a product, which I believe, is well below the standard it should be. They've announced DLC too, now, I don't mind DLC in some cases (see GTA:LCS), but I cannot see what they could release which would interest me.

Bottom line, they've made a sh*tty game, by focusing on the Ashes licence and ignoring EVERYTHING cricket game fans actually want. They are basically EA. This is what EA do.
It is only $20 at VideoEzy, not much to lose in trying it at that price, you should set your expectations around the price though.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
Talking about slipping standards... my Australian Legends Team is suffering from that problem. Wait.. VideoEzy sell games now?
£33 in game. Give it a few months I think.
they had the bat stickers on the wrong sides like front stickers on the back of the bat, and back stickers on the face of the bat... they are in trouble.

they've been cruising for the past 4 years now but since there is a very strong competitor in Big Ant. instead of progressing each year they are still in the year 2009 where they started..

just lazy.