Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 4.36 Average
Rll3 Wishlist and Ideas
It does it really well in Fifa 15. First half of the year I was either not playing or coming off the bench then I got a chance through injury and never lost my spot.
I have a few suggestions for RLL3. Not going to read through the thread and see if they've already been said but:

- Transfers (I'd like to see realism in the transfer market. Last year as we all know the Canberra Raiders failed to attract big name players due to their location and team being seen as poor. Teams having a hidden "desirability" trait which can increase with proper results would be good. Maybe the Canberra Raiders offer 500,000 a year to Ryan Hoffman and he turns them down because he feels he's above the team or would rather play for the West Tigers because Sydney is more desirable. I don't think it should come down to just money this time.)

- Signing Process (Last game you basically had the money option and if you didn't sign them within 1-2 tries they'd sign elsewhere. This year I'd like to see a little more negotiation. For example, maybe Ben Barba will sign with the Eels only if he gets to play five eight for a majority of the season and maybe he'll realize since he's untested at number 6 he'll give a discount on his rate. I don't know if this type of thing could be implemented but it'd make it easier for the smaller teams to attract players by promising them first team spots where they might be playing NSW Cup normally)

- Ability to release players (I'm not afraid to admit that there was a time or two where I've thought "I need a big prop" and have signed up George Rose for 3 seasons before discovering that George Rose is terrible and being stuck with him. I'd like the ability to release the player and just pay his contract whilst using the cap room elsewhere.)

- Free Agent Pool (Don't know why this wasn't in last year but there were a number of guys who just got released last year and I'd like the opportunity to sign them up. They should be willing to accept the lesser deal as well)

- Ability to play Holden Cup games and NSW Cup games (Last game it didn't seem like players actually developed in Holden Cup and after the first season or two it was just a bunch of 60 rated players and you never knew who was good or not. This time around I'd love the optional ability of playing Holden Cup games or NSW Cup games just to see who's developing. Maybe I send a player down to NSW Cup because he isn't performing and manually try and get him into form. Good way to scout potential new signings as well)

- Ability to pick your own rep teams (Last game there were a lot of problems with the rep teams. People such as Nathan Merritt being chosen for Australia, Kurt Gidley being chosen over Thurston as Australian Five Eight. John Morris getting the nod over Robbie Farah for the Blues. This time I'd like the option to simply elect what player plays where without the computers assistance. The EA Sports Rugby Union games used to do this and it was a lot of fun searching through all the players for the best team available)

- Less injuries with simulation and more in game (Injuries are a problem in RLL2. You skip your 2 trial matches and by round 1 you have 4 guys injured and unable to make the game. This could be a rare circumstance but it seems like every match you simulate someone is being hurt. Alternatively if you play each match a player may get hurt but they're always fine next week. For realism circumstances I'd like to see my players get concussions, injuries etc etc

- More rep games in career mode (The international game is getting strong now. We should have the Four Nations, ANZAC test, World Cup and hell, why not throw in an occasional friendly match at the end of the year or even qualifiers? That'd be cool)

Game play was awesome in RLL2:WCE so no suggestions there but realism does need a little tweaking. Looking forward to RLL3.
I'd like to see Hull FC's 150th Year Anniversary badge included in the game, as they're using a different badge this year. Also the Super League alternate strips never seem to be included in the game, so some of them would be a nice addition too.
XBL Gamertag: viCompt (360 + One).
(03-08-2015, 07:59 PM)SOR Wrote: I have a few suggestions for RLL3. Not going to read through the thread and see if they've already been said but:

- Transfers (I'd like to see realism in the transfer market. Last year as we all know the Canberra Raiders failed to attract big name players due to their location and team being seen as poor. Teams having a hidden "desirability" trait which can increase with proper results would be good. Maybe the Canberra Raiders offer 500,000 a year to Ryan Hoffman and he turns them down because he feels he's above the team or would rather play for the West Tigers because Sydney is more desirable. I don't think it should come down to just money this time.)

- Signing Process (Last game you basically had the money option and if you didn't sign them within 1-2 tries they'd sign elsewhere. This year I'd like to see a little more negotiation. For example, maybe Ben Barba will sign with the Eels only if he gets to play five eight for a majority of the season and maybe he'll realize since he's untested at number 6 he'll give a discount on his rate. I don't know if this type of thing could be implemented but it'd make it easier for the smaller teams to attract players by promising them first team spots where they might be playing NSW Cup normally)

- Ability to release players (I'm not afraid to admit that there was a time or two where I've thought "I need a big prop" and have signed up George Rose for 3 seasons before discovering that George Rose is terrible and being stuck with him. I'd like the ability to release the player and just pay his contract whilst using the cap room elsewhere.)

- Free Agent Pool (Don't know why this wasn't in last year but there were a number of guys who just got released last year and I'd like the opportunity to sign them up. They should be willing to accept the lesser deal as well)

- Ability to play Holden Cup games and NSW Cup games (Last game it didn't seem like players actually developed in Holden Cup and after the first season or two it was just a bunch of 60 rated players and you never knew who was good or not. This time around I'd love the optional ability of playing Holden Cup games or NSW Cup games just to see who's developing. Maybe I send a player down to NSW Cup because he isn't performing and manually try and get him into form. Good way to scout potential new signings as well)

- Ability to pick your own rep teams (Last game there were a lot of problems with the rep teams. People such as Nathan Merritt being chosen for Australia, Kurt Gidley being chosen over Thurston as Australian Five Eight. John Morris getting the nod over Robbie Farah for the Blues. This time I'd like the option to simply elect what player plays where without the computers assistance. The EA Sports Rugby Union games used to do this and it was a lot of fun searching through all the players for the best team available)

- Less injuries with simulation and more in game (Injuries are a problem in RLL2. You skip your 2 trial matches and by round 1 you have 4 guys injured and unable to make the game. This could be a rare circumstance but it seems like every match you simulate someone is being hurt. Alternatively if you play each match a player may get hurt but they're always fine next week. For realism circumstances I'd like to see my players get concussions, injuries etc etc

- More rep games in career mode (The international game is getting strong now. We should have the Four Nations, ANZAC test, World Cup and hell, why not throw in an occasional friendly match at the end of the year or even qualifiers? That'd be cool)

Game play was awesome in RLL2:WCE so no suggestions there but realism does need a little tweaking. Looking forward to RLL3.

Agree with all the signing, free agent and rookie development idea's. I'd love it if there was a rookie academy but I doubt there will. I'd just love to be able to develop and bring up younger players from under 20's and QLD/NSW cup
Great suggestions SOR.

I think I have said it before but I would love to see real NRL records in the game. I'd love to play in be a pro mode and try and break the record for most tries in a season.
Be a gun goal kicker and score the record for most points in a season.

Try and break the record for most tries in a game or biggest win, highest scoring draw etc. A few years back a madden game had such records and the game had so much replay value for me personally trying to top the real NFL records. Seeing my records on the lists was a buzz.

I think it would be good if the game could keep track of how many games you have won and lost against teams in ranked games with each team you play as.
Big yes to nrl records and stats and great point the new be a pro adds weight to the use of these, also in my miscellaneous wish list is in game stat tracking and graphics updating on penalties, errors, possesion etc would be great,

I'd imagine specific commentary has been added for be a pro mode like how my last game/season was etc or maybe it'll be just improved player sound fx and random dialogue, that direction could be cool
Free agency and realistic free agents is a big one for me also. It's my favourite part of madden and biggest bug bear with fifa. I'd love to see it in RLL3 but I suppose the big question would be where would big ant get the list of free agents from?
(03-09-2015, 10:27 PM)benrhino Wrote: Free agency and realistic free agents is a big one for me also. It's my favourite part of madden and biggest bug bear with fifa. I'd love to see it in RLL3 but I suppose the big question would be where would big ant get the list of free agents from?

The RFL and I'd imagine the NRL will have a list of registered players, just need to pick out the ones who don't have a club.

Just off the top of my head...might be wrong with some of them

Gareth Carvell, Peter Fox, Matt Groat, Brett Kearney, Shannon McDonnell, Omari Caro.
Good shout in kearney, also Jamie foster from Bradford and olsi krasniqi from London are two I'm surprised haven't got contracts.
Yeah, last I heard Foster was going to try RU but I don't think he signed for anyone. Not heard anything at all about Krasniqi.

There will also be quite a few younger players I would imagine, who have been given full time contracts at SL/NRL clubs and then been released after just one season as a pro.