Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 4.36 Average
Rll3 Wishlist and Ideas
I'd like to see sideline awareness, particularly for tries in the corner. In RLL2 I often have a break away player head to the corner only to side and go touch in goal. An animation where they jump and plant the ball down would be awesome.
(03-04-2015, 08:50 PM)Matt BnW Wrote: I'd like to see sideline awareness, particularly for tries in the corner. In RLL2 I often have a break away player head to the corner only to side and go touch in goal. An animation where they jump and plant the ball down would be awesome.

Yeah that's a very good point, I'd love to see a Finishing stat/trait for those players who can do those great one handed, mid-air groundings.

It has been mentioned that the tackling and break tackle system has been completely overhauled, so hopefully sideline awareness is incorporated in that.
That would be impressive considering it's becoming a regular event where someone scores via gymnastics each game.

It's the one thing that I've liked about Madden games.. how players will tip toe the sideline. Desperation dives for 40/20's and more situation awareness regarding the sideline is desired.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
A loyalty rating would be good. I have never managed to finish a career in RLL2 because it is so difficult to stop the player I created as myself from leaving the club. If a created player is meant to be me, I should be able to prevent him from leaving the club.

A high loyalty rating could make it easier to re-sign players by making them a little cheaper, making them negotiate longer before leaving and making them give you an indication of what offer they would accept.

The players' loyalty rating would increase the longer they are with the club and would drop considerably if they switched clubs (except when moving up from a feeder club to first grade).
Yeah the more you play them, the higher their loyalty is to the club. It'd be cool if there were incentives like fifa. Like first grade player, future first grade, utility player etc. Like if you want to buy a decent player for the bench, you have to pay him more while listing he'll be a utility player. Like say you bought Nathan Friend. 200k as a first grade player, maybe you have to pay like 250 or 300 to get him and list utility or sporadic first grade player.
(03-04-2015, 11:27 PM)Steeler Wrote: A loyalty rating would be good. I have never managed to finish a career in RLL2 because it is so difficult to stop the player I created as myself from leaving the club. If a created player is meant to be me, I should be able to prevent him from leaving the club.

A high loyalty rating could make it easier to re-sign players by making them a little cheaper, making them negotiate longer before leaving and making them give you an indication of what offer they would accept.

The players' loyalty rating would increase the longer they are with the club and would drop considerably if they switched clubs (except when moving up from a feeder club to first grade).

Cherry Evans - 100 Dodgy
Would really like to see a more comprehensive Season/Competition mode. In RL2 (Sidhe), you had the ability to create your own season/competition, with the option of setting the number of teams and rounds and also including the Representative matches mid season. Also being able to choose the finals format would be great.....(top 5 please Smile). Pro Evolution Soccer's season mode is perfect, where it has the league, the cup and the Champions league all integrated, without the hassle of transfers etc. From memory the season mode in RLL1 was pretty much just this, except that you could not choose the number of teams, rounds or finals format.

On a side note, I am just curious if Big Ant would be open to supporting tools to extract the main blobset file for editing of Jerseys and other graphics. I know Wouldy was given these in the past, and that Big Ant were open to modding of the PC versions, so hopefully it will be the same case here. I realise the Jersey options in the hub are quite good, but there will always be limitations, and things like old sponsorship logos will not likely get added.
Big thing I'm worried about in this be a pro mode. If your some high sixties, low seventies rookie and the game just throws you into your preferred position, pushing someone like Inglis, Thurston or Johnson right out of their spot when in reality it'd take a miracle.

I really hope you have to earn your spot in the team.
(03-08-2015, 04:51 AM)krypter Wrote: Big thing I'm worried about in this be a pro mode. If your some high sixties, low seventies rookie and the game just throws you into your preferred position, pushing someone like Inglis, Thurston or Johnson right out of their spot when in reality it'd take a miracle.

I really hope you have to earn your spot in the team.

That's what happens in DBC, I hope that you at least have to go through NSW/QLD cup after U20s before you get to the nrl, or maybe you get a bench spot first.
Earning your spot on the team would be a really good feature , it would be crap if you just appear a starting player like what krypter said
It should like madden when you can have practice before a game but it be more like training
and you to run certain plays at training like NBA2k scrimmage to boost your skills

- when players injured your attributes decrease by alot depending on injury and you have to try make that miracle recovery and become a superstar

- another feature playaround in nba2k but like rugby league you could practice the chip and chase , goal kicking and other stuff

When on bench you should be able to look on from the bench not from the gameplay camera view , it could a first person view like in NBA2k