Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I won't be buying a Big Ant game at launch again
After playing Rugby League Live 4 for over a week I have decided to boycott all Big Ant games at their initial release. It is clear that they are ok with releasing games that are not ready for the public and RLL4 is the newest and arguably best example of this. 

The career mode is borderline unplayable,  there are countless bugs in the gameplay and the graphics are beyond terrible. Big Ant should be embarrassed to have allowed this to hit the shelves in this state and the fact that their CEO came out and declared it to be the best Australian sports game to date makes me lose all faith in their direction as a developer.

I'm sure in 6 months the game will be polished with a patch, and who knows, it might actually become the best Australian sports game to date. However at this stage they have lost me and I refuse to pay to be a beta tester for any future releases.
yeah that seems fair it is pretty rubbish at the moment
(08-05-2017, 01:50 AM)secondsolution Wrote: After playing Rugby League Live 4 for over a week I have decided to boycott all Big Ant games at their initial release. It is clear that they are ok with releasing games that are not ready for the public and RLL4 is the newest and arguably best example of this. 

The career mode is borderline unplayable,  there are countless bugs in the gameplay and the graphics are beyond terrible. Big Ant should be embarrassed to have allowed this to hit the shelves in this state and the fact that their CEO came out and declared it to be the best Australian sports game to date makes me lose all faith in their direction as a developer.

I'm sure in 6 months the game will be polished with a patch, and who knows, it might actually become the best Australian sports game to date. However at this stage they have lost me and I refuse to pay to be a beta tester for any future releases.

This seems reasonable as far as ahhh final solutions go.
(08-05-2017, 01:50 AM)secondsolution Wrote: After playing Rugby League Live 4 for over a week I have decided to boycott all Big Ant games at their initial release.

I'll alert the ASX. They should probably suspend trading on Big Ant's and TruBlu's shares after a revelation of this magnitude. Rolleyes
(08-05-2017, 10:32 PM)Steeler Wrote:
(08-05-2017, 01:50 AM)secondsolution Wrote: After playing Rugby League Live 4 for over a week I have decided to boycott all Big Ant games at their initial release.

I'll alert the ASX. They should probably suspend trading on Big Ant's and TruBlu's shares after a revelation of this magnitude. Rolleyes

That would actually be funny if only bigant or TB was actually listed on the stock exchange
Poetic license Yuna.
(08-06-2017, 12:04 AM)Steeler Wrote: Poetic license Yuna.

It didn't rhyme though.

Neither did Shakespeare.
Not to be a pedant, but it's not a boycott if you're just holding off for 6 months until patches have cleared bugs picked up from the initial release have been cleared up.

Personally, whilst I have my own issues with the game, I don't see the game as "broken" and I'm still enjoying it plenty.
(08-06-2017, 02:12 PM)sanzar Wrote: Not to be a pedant, but it's not a boycott if you're just holding off for 6 months until patches have cleared bugs picked up from the initial release have been cleared up.

Personally, whilst I have my own issues with the game, I don't see the game as "broken" and I'm still enjoying it plenty.

If what % of completion do you classify the game as broken then?

To me, the whole career mode is not complete so what I see, that's almost 50% of it.