Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 2 cents/Review/healthy discussion
(07-31-2017, 02:27 PM)SOR Wrote: Okay but what about all the issues?

I'm lucky enough to not really have had any "bugs" or "glitches" effect my game yet but please elaborate
(07-31-2017, 02:03 PM)Dragons91 Wrote:
(07-31-2017, 01:34 PM)it utMATH Wrote: This sounds great!

Hey Math, if you have not played this game yet my advice to you is to be as patient as you can, you probably won't enjoy your first few plays that much , This game is difficult and frustrating but in turn it is satisfying and rewarding once you work it out and it will take a couple of seasons to work it out  Smile

Yea I've heard it's very different but that's cool, more difficult and sim like it's exactly what I'm up for.
More challenging=more satisfying
(07-31-2017, 03:05 PM)MATH Wrote:
(07-31-2017, 02:03 PM)Dragons91 Wrote:
(07-31-2017, 01:34 PM)it utMATH Wrote: This sounds great!

Hey Math, if you have not played this game yet my advice to you is to be as patient as you can, you probably won't enjoy your first few plays that much , This game is difficult and frustrating but in turn it is satisfying and rewarding once you work it out and it will take a couple of seasons to work it out  Smile

Yea I've heard it's very different but that's cool, more difficult and sim like it's exactly what I'm up for.
More challenging=more satisfying

Exactly right mate !
(07-31-2017, 02:31 PM)Dragons91 Wrote:

I'm lucky enough to not really have had any "bugs" or "glitches" effect my game yet but please elaborate

I'm not talking about bugs or glitches I'm talking about stuff that has been half done or is broken.

Since you asked, off the top of my head:

- In my games despite taking every tip on board that I've seen the ball still gets knocked loose from me at least 2-3 times. It's not a common occurrence for a big hit to knock the ball loose and you can go entire games without seeing it so why is it so prevalent here?

- Rules being put into the game that actually don't exist. For example, I was playing recently, down by a try, I kicked short, it didn't go ten metres and the other team picked it up. This would lead to a penalty for the opposing team but instead I was given the penalty. You then also have twenty metre taps for the ball going out off a penalty kick, super league games going to golden point and other nonsense that doesn't exist in the real game.

- Same issue as RLL3 where if the ball so much as touches an opposition player it's another set of six. Was an issue then and is still an issue today. This isn't soccer.

- One would think with your kicks you should be aiming for the green to ensure a great kick, no? Don't know how many times I've aimed for the green or accidentally hit green and the ball has gone flying over the dead ball line only for a penalty on the 50. This has lead to kicking in the middle of the yellow and the opposition getting it on the twenty instead. Grubbers are pointless as well, they either don't go far enough or hit the oppositions feet.

- Forward passes from both me and the AI that are either flat or point blank backwards being called as forward. A game will have at least 5-6 in them from both teams and it's incredibly frustrating. No point in even trying an offload because that gets called forward even if it isn't.

- Intercepts much too common.

- Kicks aren't fun in any capacity, can easily get them away but they go right down the throat to a fullback who usually just runs it back hard.

- AI is stupid, gave away a penalty 20 metres out right in front with about 5 minutes to go. They chose to kick for touch instead of taking the penalty goal despite the scores being locked.

- Backs are pretty much useless as are the halves. Yes, I'm using my tactics, it isn't improving anything at all and when a back or a half makes a break they are easily run down by opposition players. There doesn't seem to be much speed difference between James Roberts and say...Matt Scott

- Sidestepping is overpowered to the point that a prop can step two players and get taken down by the fullback on the regular.

- Commentary has a large amount of problems from chipmunk talking to Andrew Voss referring to Eddie as "Gus". 

- Tried to play a season in England and Fui Fui Moi Moi came jogging out for Toronto with the number 2 on his back...I'd be livid if I lived in England and enjoyed Super League.

- Never so much as seen one on field injury in my whole 10-11 days of having the game despite setting injuries to normal. Same issue RLL3 had.

- I haven't even played "Be A Pro" but I've heard it's busted beyond belief with forwards going off for sixty minute stints and not returning, contracts where you're offered 50k a year despite playing NRL etc etc.

That's just gameplay, now move onto career:

- Darius Boyd who has been an Origin regular for close to 7-8 years now will come to your team for 300,000 but Robert Lui who was okay at best in the NRL wants 750,000. This leads to me having to use the honour system and setting career at "Always get your man" and paying what these guys would get in real life. 

- You can pick your own Origin team but not any other representative side. Still the same old issues before with the pre chosen teams with the likes of Gallen (Who retired from rep footy in 2016), Brett Morris, Josh Morris and other guys who wouldn't get close to a 2017 World Cup Australia team being picked for Australia over the likes of Inglis, Thurston, Slater and the other regulars. Origin stars regularly miss out for Queensland and the likes of Edrick Lee, Kyle Feldt and Jake Granville are picked over the alternatives of Holmes, Gagai and Cameron Smith.

- Players grow too quickly. If you play a guy from NYC in your NRL side he'll go from like 48 overall rating to 80 in the span of a season or two. RLL3 was too slow, this is too quick. I'd encourage some kind of feature in which we have a degree of control over how quickly these guys grow as players so that we don't have a team of 85+ players by the third season.

- If you simulate after the signing period the AI will sign players you don't even need. Props when you've got tons, halves when you've got plenty.

- No upgrades from last years edition except the ability to pick your own Origin team.

---

I haven't even jumped into the fanhub, stadium creator, jersey creator etc but I've seen glitches in them also. Only 19 issues ranging from minor to major. Hey, we should just be happy we have a game, yeah?
I believe the Toronto wolf pack play in a trans Atlantic competition with promotion relegation into the super league.
There are certainly loose ends and weird design choices in career mode seemingly from people without a rugby league brain. But the gameplay is solid.
X1: Kulch
PSN: akulch
Steam: Kulch
(07-31-2017, 03:40 PM)SOR Wrote:
(07-31-2017, 02:31 PM)Dragons91 Wrote:

I'm not talking about bugs or glitches I'm talking about stuff that has been half done or is broken.

Since you asked, off the top of my head:

- In my games despite taking every tip on board that I've seen the ball still gets knocked loose from me at least 2-3 times. It's not a common occurrence for a big hit to knock the ball loose and you can go entire games without seeing it so why is it so prevalent here?

- Rules being put into the game that actually don't exist. For example, I was playing recently, down by a try, I kicked short, it didn't go ten metres and the other team picked it up. This would lead to a penalty for the opposing team but instead I was given the penalty. You then also have twenty metre taps for the ball going out off a penalty kick, super league games going to golden point and other nonsense that doesn't exist in the real game.

- Same issue as RLL3 where if the ball so much as touches an opposition player it's another set of six. Was an issue then and is still an issue today. This isn't soccer.

- One would think with your kicks you should be aiming for the green to ensure a great kick, no? Don't know how many times I've aimed for the green or accidentally hit green and the ball has gone flying over the dead ball line only for a penalty on the 50. This has lead to kicking in the middle of the yellow and the opposition getting it on the twenty instead. Grubbers are pointless as well, they either don't go far enough or hit the oppositions feet.

- Forward passes from both me and the AI that are either flat or point blank backwards being called as forward. A game will have at least 5-6 in them from both teams and it's incredibly frustrating. No point in even trying an offload because that gets called forward even if it isn't.

- Intercepts much too common.

- Kicks aren't fun in any capacity, can easily get them away but they go right down the throat to a fullback who usually just runs it back hard.

- AI is stupid, gave away a penalty 20 metres out right in front with about 5 minutes to go. They chose to kick for touch instead of taking the penalty goal despite the scores being locked.

- Backs are pretty much useless as are the halves. Yes, I'm using my tactics, it isn't improving anything at all and when a back or a half makes a break they are easily run down by opposition players. There doesn't seem to be much speed difference between James Roberts and say...Matt Scott

- Sidestepping is overpowered to the point that a prop can step two players and get taken down by the fullback on the regular.

- Commentary has a large amount of problems from chipmunk talking to Andrew Voss referring to Eddie as "Gus". 

- Tried to play a season in England and Fui Fui Moi Moi came jogging out for Toronto with the number 2 on his back...I'd be livid if I lived in England and enjoyed Super League.

- Never so much as seen one on field injury in my whole 10-11 days of having the game despite setting injuries to normal. Same issue RLL3 had.

- I haven't even played "Be A Pro" but I've heard it's busted beyond belief with forwards going off for sixty minute stints and not returning, contracts where you're offered 50k a year despite playing NRL etc etc.

That's just gameplay, now move onto career:

- Darius Boyd who has been an Origin regular for close to 7-8 years now will come to your team for 300,000 but Robert Lui who was okay at best in the NRL wants 750,000. This leads to me having to use the honour system and setting career at "Always get your man" and paying what these guys would get in real life. 

- You can pick your own Origin team but not any other representative side. Still the same old issues before with the pre chosen teams with the likes of Gallen (Who retired from rep footy in 2016), Brett Morris, Josh Morris and other guys who wouldn't get close to a 2017 World Cup Australia team being picked for Australia over the likes of Inglis, Thurston, Slater and the other regulars. Origin stars regularly miss out for Queensland and the likes of Edrick Lee, Kyle Feldt and Jake Granville are picked over the alternatives of Holmes, Gagai and Cameron Smith.

- Players grow too quickly. If you play a guy from NYC in your NRL side he'll go from like 48 overall rating to 80 in the span of a season or two. RLL3 was too slow, this is too quick. I'd encourage some kind of feature in which we have a degree of control over how quickly these guys grow as players so that we don't have a team of 85+ players by the third season.

- If you simulate after the signing period the AI will sign players you don't even need. Props when you've got tons, halves when you've got plenty.

- No upgrades from last years edition except the ability to pick your own Origin team.

---

I haven't even jumped into the fanhub, stadium creator, jersey creator etc but I've seen glitches in them also. Only 19 issues ranging from minor to major. Hey, we should just be happy we have a game, yeah?
Appreciate you taking the time to write out your thoughts ! I never said the game was perfect , just that it was a step in the right direction in my opinionand I'd be happy if this is a base they continue to build off . 

I've honestly never had the ball knocked loose , I probably haven't had as much game
Time as you and this might be still to come but not an issue for me at the moment.

Ive only ever not kicked it the 10 once and I was penalised for it so again I can't relate to that.

I personally never assumed green meant "good" with kicking, it just meant maximum distance, yellow medium and red short , you don't always want maximum distance , for me I could quite clearly see maximum green is over the dead ball line especially with some wind so I aim for late yellow early green and get it pretty perfect most times. 

Again, I get the occasional forward pass and usually it's from me rushing a bit and getting inpatient so I haven't experienced 4-5 forward passes (which are actually flat or back) per game like you. 

I agree with you on speed , everyone seems to be just about the same speed which is dissappointing , one game against the eels I tried chasing down Bevan French who made a break and I couldn't catch him which I thought was fair but other than that I agree most players
Are even paced .

I agree side stepping is over powered .

I haven't had any problems with commentary or chipmunk voices but I have read about it so don't doubt that happens but not really a bother of mine anyway.

I can't comment on super league as I don't follow it and have only played NRL in this game

I also have not played be a pro yet but have heard similar things , I'll make my own opinion on that when I feel I know the game well enough to start a be a pro .

Did you have Wayne Bennett as coach? That's probably why Darius came over with no hesitation Wink. But seriously I agree career/be a pro needs an over haul but I'm happy with the gameplay improvements, if another rugby league live 3 came out I'd be done.

That's a shame about the pre selected rep teams and I agree with you there 

I think I read if a rookie plays for a team like broncos/storm/cowboys they grow faster ? But I see your point and hopefully something they will take into consideration .  

You seem sour about the game and that's cool, everyone can have their opinion and obviously you're tired of playing mediocre rugby games and I respect that .

As for me I just enjoy playing this game and we can go into logistics of it like we have but the simplicity of it is I didn't enjoy playing 3, I got no satisfaction out of 3, whereas I enjoy playing 4 for many different reasons ans get a lot of joy out of scoring tries in it.

THe series is still far from perfect but for me this is a great platform of gameplay to build from where as if they had built off of 3 I wouldn't of bought it , I'm happy with the game play changes and I hole they continue to build off of this style of play, in my opinion this game is great fun and I can't wait to get home and play again but I understand your frustrations
I'm not gonna bother copying SOR & Dragons91's posts because then my post would be way too long!
But i just wanted to say that both of you perfectly sum up this game!!

There are some really great positives to this game, as well as some massive oversights, glitches, and overall just dissapointing features that both of you pointed out.

I 100% agree with Dragons91 on the point that this game is way better than RLL3 for the simple fact that no matter how many issues it has, it feels like a proper Rugby League game and to be fair i havent enjoyed any other Rugby League Live game (Rugby League 3 on the wii is still my favourite  Big Grin ) but from the moment i picked up a controller this game just had a great feel to it!! I honestly haven't played enough of it to encounter a lot of the glitches, but i have seen a few and still think that despite these the game has great potential and creates a realistic feel that has me stoked!!

I usually have 1 MAJOR ISSUE with most of the people who post on the forum and on facebook (although i rarely post, i read just about everything) and thats that most blindly follow and say how AMAZING the game is or even worse how its ABSOLUTELY SHIT & BROKEN, and these people usually can't take any feedback or opinions that varies from their own. That's not the way to voice your opinion in an attempt to improve this game and this franchise overall.
But I personally reckon you two nailed it in your opinions of this game and how you presented them. It's not by any means the perfect game but it does capture the essence of rugby league better than any previous game has in my opinion. And hopefully with the help of this forum (mainly from threads that are constructive like this one) Big Ant can improve and fix a lot of the downfalls to this game and the franchise in general!
SOR's list is super depressing and I've experienced pretty much all of those issues. It's such a shame, I really want to like this game and I feel like under the rubble of glitches and poor design decisions there is potential for this to be the best Rugby League game. I hope Big Ant can find a way to fix everything
Just to chime in on some of the issues SOR raised (oh, and great thread by the thread maker) I have very very rarely had the ball knocked out from a big hit. I don't understand why this happens to certain people? It's strange.
I also agree on the kicks. Green is not for accuracy on kick offs, goal line drop outs, drop goals and kicks for touch - it's for maximum power. In play kicks (bombs, grubbers, punts) is the opposite.
I've seen many injuries to opposition players and my players in career mode - it's set to normal as well.
Agreed that every player can sidestep way too much. Also agree on too many forward passes being called.
The game is kind of there but still a long way to go to capture the true essence of the sport.