Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
FAQ / Tips / Help
What???!!!....That was a brilliant idea, tackle high at risk of fends and high tackles but stops offloads.

Low tackle, more efficient but at risk of offloads. Was a great idea for added depth to the tackle options and attacking play.
(07-29-2017, 11:31 PM)Yuna Wrote: The high tackle and low tackle was a waste imo

The Low tackle was more efficient and high tackle was alot more risky

I have to agree , would use low tackle most of the time but I thought the idea could have been expanded or implementation could have been improved on.   Almost like you have a rock scissor paper mechanism were you decide what strategy is best for the given situation.   In league play there is a strategy in tackling high or low.  If better implemented I think could of been a good system. And gives for strategy for defensive tackles, again, just got the game so new system may turn out better, I just liked to have manual control of tacking high or low, maybe dive button works like low tackle?
(07-29-2017, 11:40 PM)Radman Wrote: What???!!!....That was a brilliant idea, tackle high at risk of fends and high tackles but stops offloads.

Low tackle, more efficient but at risk of offloads. Was a great idea for added depth to the tackle options and attacking play.

It sounds good on paper but it didn't work like that in the actual game. The low tackle was so much better than high tackle and offloads was hard to pull off in the game anyway.

Also, you have more chance of being bumped off if use use the high tackle.
I've found you don't really need much left stick input when doing a backline movement. U can just press the pass buttons and u only need to start using left stick once the ball is in the hands of the intended receiver. Pass early the animations will take care of itself and be ready on both joysticks once your intended ball runner has the ball.
X1: Kulch
PSN: akulch
Steam: Kulch
Looking for a bit of help with the drive it home trophy, the one where you have to drive the defence over the try line to score a try.
I've tried hit ups, pushing straight through, but I haven't been able to get it so far.
Any tips on how to get this would be appreciated.
(07-30-2017, 12:15 AM)Yuna Wrote:
(07-29-2017, 11:40 PM)Radman Wrote: What???!!!....That was a brilliant idea, tackle high at risk of fends and high tackles but stops offloads.

It sounds good on paper but it didn't work like that in the actual game. The low tackle was so much better than high tackle and offloads was hard to pull off in the game anyway.

Also, you have more chance of being bumped off if use use the high tackle.

Just saying the code could have been improved on,  a high step could have been added on offense  to counter the low tackle or on defense a sideward slide could have been added on high tackles only to give a more balance to benefit the high tackle so people would not spam low tackle over high tackle, and I think it would of been a great addition.  Again , still judging the new defense but initially the tackling seems random when you will be able to do pull of certain types of tackles, except maybe the big hit.
low tackles should allow for quicker play the balls from the attacker
Need some tips. I found rugby league live 3 was very easy to navigate around while RLL4 I find has too many intercepts, big hits and spilt balls, Im only playing on amateur difficulty and haven't won a match, I'm not going to bother getting fully into customisations until I can master gameplay. Is there any tips, I tend to use the hitup options on the first 2-3 tackles and spread the ball after that but by the time my centre or winger has the ball the oppositions defence is in my face is there a way to combat this? I'm using steps but there tends to be not much support to pass to.. Any tips would help as it looks fantastic but just mastering gameplay would keep me coming back. I'll add that I'm playing on ps4, also how do you throw dummies?
Is there a big patch coming or has there already been been one?
(07-30-2017, 09:29 PM)Any Chance Wrote: Need some tips. I found rugby league live 3 was very easy to navigate around while RLL4 I find has too many intercepts, big hits and spilt balls, Im only playing on amateur difficulty and haven't won a match, I'm not going to bother getting fully into customisations until I can master gameplay. Is there any tips, I tend to use the hitup options on the first 2-3 tackles and spread the ball after that but by the time my centre or winger has the ball the oppositions defence is in my face is there a way to combat this?  I'm using steps but  there tends to be not much support to pass to.. Any tips would help as it looks fantastic but just mastering gameplay would keep me coming back. I'll add that I'm playing on ps4, also how do you throw dummies?

I'm not sure on how to throw dummies, but set plays play a big role in amateur upwards.
Haven't had too much time to play around with them, as I'm playing through on rookie to get all of the trophies first, but when I have my only tries have been off set plays.