Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brilliant & a Game RL fans can be proud of!!!!!
As you can see I'm a Rooster fan. Go Roosters! Firstly, I have followed this series since its inception so I can see just how far this game has come and in my view it  has arrived at the point I would call it a befitting Rugby League game which does justice to the greatest game of all. At last we RL fans have a game we can be proud of. 

Firstly, the face rendering is awesome. I can identify players as easy as in FIFA 17 or Madden 17. Graphically the game looks great. I'm playing on a PS4 Pro using a Sony 4K HDR Bravia TV. So graphics wise for me this game is on par with FIFA and Madden easily. 

The gameplay should be diverse and have depth as the real game does and that's what's brilliant in this version. There are more variables, more diversity and much more randomness which brings much needed tactical play into the game which was lacking. It's now a joy to kick high balls to fend, sidestep and drive up the middle with hit ups & fends against tired opponents like in the real game. 

But the 'brilliant' is mainly for the new tactical additions foresight and tactics for attack & defense. It's awesome how you can target a tired player with a hit up and make a line break resulting in tries galore (on lower levels)   But there's so much to rave about. However, gameplay is the main thing here and this game was way underhypedin my view. I agree with an online reviewer that this is at least 8.7/10  but I give it a 9/10.

I'm still learning but just a question is it possible to change views using my PS4 controller during gameplay? Just beat the Sharks 42-0 on the lowest level mainly due to hits ups. Just press  the R3 button multiple times while sprinting on return or in possession and almost a try every time.

Audio is good as is commentary. I hope people support this game because this version is a huge improvement and puts NRL games on the map. Just my humble opinion.
i don't approve of you beating the sharkies
up up cronulla
Hey, someone who learnt how to play before posting...good job.

I'm still waiting for my game to turn up (so pissed).
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
(07-28-2017, 04:48 PM)Rooster Wrote: As you can see I'm a Rooster fan. Go Roosters! Firstly, I have followed this series since its inception so I can see just how far this game has come and in my view it  has arrived at the point I would call it a befitting Rugby League game which does justice to the greatest game of all. At last we RL fans have a game we can be proud of. 

Firstly, the face rendering is awesome. I can identify players as easy as in FIFA 17 or Madden 17. Graphically the game looks great. I'm playing on a PS4 Pro using a Sony 4K HDR Bravia TV. So graphics wise for me this game is on par with FIFA and Madden easily. 

The gameplay should be diverse and have depth as the real game does and that's what's brilliant in this version. There are more variables, more diversity and much more randomness which brings much needed tactical play into the game which was lacking. It's now a joy to kick high balls to fend, sidestep and drive up the middle with hit ups & fends against tired opponents like in the real game. 

But the 'brilliant' is mainly for the new tactical additions foresight and tactics for attack & defense. It's awesome how you can target a tired player with a hit up and make a line break resulting in tries galore (on lower levels)   But there's so much to rave about. However, gameplay is the main thing here and this game was way underhypedin my view. I agree with an online reviewer that this is at least 8.7/10  but I give it a 9/10.

I'm still learning but just a question is it possible to change views using my PS4 controller during gameplay? Just beat the Sharks 42-0 on the lowest level mainly due to hits ups. Just press  the R3 button multiple times while sprinting on return or in possession and almost a try every time.

Audio is good as is commentary. I hope people support this game because this version is a huge improvement and puts NRL games on the map. Just my humble opinion.
I agree that the game is really good and like you I'm playing on the ps4 pro, so no screen tear and a rock solid 60 frames. I've had the game for over a week now and the learning curve is steep especially due to being so accustomed to RLL3 gameplay. 
I started on rookie and found it really easy so moved up to amature... talk about struggle street. I finished 9th in my first season, every game being a white knuckled low scoring game while copping the occasional blow out. 
Frustration did seriously start kicking in and I was disappointed when the "day 1 patch" didn't fix the issues I was having, like markers being slow to get square, a lack of line breaks, passes not going where I wanted etc etc

Things changed when I actually started using flat cut out passes (something i avoided like the plague in RLL3) and actually started using the first receiver pass properly, line breaks started to become common place and I was racking up points.
I still find the markers slow and the lack of support players annoying and I hope that is looked at in a patch. Make no mistake, This is a simulation game, Not an arcade game, once you actually learn the mechanics it's amazing and rewarding experience far better than anything that came before. 
I've just started my 3rd season, I put the difficulty on pro and just lost the world club challenge 20 points to 18 lol really enjoying this.
Agreed, I was getting so frustrated and not cracking the line at one point. I put on a set play, put my fullback through on an inside ball that looked exactly like a real footy game. It was glorious. Patience is the biggest thing you need for this game.
(07-28-2017, 09:32 PM)krypter Wrote: Agreed, I was getting so frustrated and not cracking the line at one point. I put on a set play, put my fullback through on an inside ball that looked exactly like a real footy game.  It was glorious.  Patience is the biggest thing you need for this game.

It really does look like a real footy game when you start passing properly. Nothing like seeing the A.I fall for your decoy runners while you put someone through a gaping hole.
Excellent thread and posts, 100% agree with these!
So glad to hear there so much harder Big Grin that's the type of league i love Big Grin
up up cronulla
I'm loving the new difficulty to the game, much more enjoyable, no more 72-0 wins on legend. LOVE IT!
Up The GC Titans
(07-28-2017, 10:36 PM)Harro_the_man_ Wrote: I'm loving the new difficulty to the game, much more enjoyable, no more 72-0 wins on legend. LOVE IT!

yeah i started playing like Real life hit it up make ground got my kicking game on point.Now when comes to pc have to re learn whole game again...Which they did in DBC 17 so im up for it
up up cronulla