Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tutorial videos
Sprinting while defending and low stamina increases the chance of a head high. A low discipline also increases these chances.
As for big hits, they just need to be timed well. However you need to be careful not to over do this. If the player hold onto the ball then they will get a quick play the ball and catch your defence offside. You also drop a lot of stamina by performing a big hit
Thanks for the tutorials... much better than reading the manual.... just need the game now Smile.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
(07-27-2017, 11:05 AM)Big Ant Studios QA Wrote: Sprinting while defending and low stamina increases the chance of a head high. A low discipline also increases these chances.
As for big hits, they just need to be timed well. However you need to be careful not to over do this. If the player hold onto the ball then they will get a quick play the ball and catch your defence offside. You also drop a lot of stamina by performing a big hit

Thanks for the quick response BA. This info is very helpful. Some other questions. 

In regards to defending:
So if my player has low discipline or low stamina can they still be penalised even if they aren't sprinting while defending or if they are using controlled movement? I don't think I've been penalised yet while using controlled movement for tackling regardless of my player's stamina or discipline level. Can you be penalised while using controlled movement? So far the only two situations that I get penalised in while defending are 1) when I attempt a big hit, and 2) when I attempt to tackle outside of controlled movement or while sprinting. 

In regards to big hits:
Would you be able to clarify what constitutes good timing? Also, shouldn't there be other factors involved here? For instance, a big hit with a big player should work well against small players, and less so with other big players. Or if the stamina level of the attacking player is low, shouldn't this also increase the chance of a successful big hit?

Thanks for your time Smile
(07-27-2017, 11:33 AM)tjstyles1 Wrote:
(07-27-2017, 11:05 AM)Big Ant Studios QA Wrote: Sprinting while defending and low stamina increases the chance of a head high. A low discipline also increases these chances.

Thanks for the quick response BA. This info is very helpful. Some other questions. 

In regards to defending:
So if my player has low discipline or low stamina can they still be penalised even if they aren't sprinting while defending or if they are using controlled movement? I don't think I've been penalised yet while using controlled movement for tackling regardless of my player's stamina or discipline level. Can you be penalised while using controlled movement? So far the only two situations that I get penalised in while defending are 1) when I attempt a big hit, and 2) when I attempt to tackle outside of controlled movement or while sprinting. 

In regards to big hits:
Would you be able to clarify what constitutes good timing? Also, shouldn't there be other factors involved here? For instance, a big hit with a big player should work well against small players, and less so with other big players. Or if the stamina level of the attacking player is low, shouldn't this also increase the chance of a successful big hit?

Thanks for your time Smile
All those factors do make a difference with the big hits. Size of player/Big hit attributes ect
Sometimes I manage to do a bighit by just using the RS like I am to perform a normal tackle and not clicking the RS.

Why does it do that? Just Curious that's all
(07-27-2017, 11:43 AM)Yuna Wrote: Sometimes I manage to do a bighit by just using the RS like I am to perform a normal tackle and not clicking the RS.

Why does it do that? Just Curious that's all

You must accidentally click in R3. That is the only way to do a big hit
hrmmmm interesting~~

Thanks for the reply.
Will there be a set play tutorial so everyone struggling with them can see how they are designed to work?
(07-30-2017, 06:42 PM)pjw07 Wrote: Will there be a set play tutorial so everyone struggling with them can see how they are designed to work?

Yes. We have more tutorial videos coming, we just have to wait for them to be released before we can put them on the forum
(07-30-2017, 09:18 PM)Big Ant Studios QA Wrote:
(07-30-2017, 06:42 PM)pjw07 Wrote: Will there be a set play tutorial so everyone struggling with them can see how they are designed to work?

Yes. We have more tutorial videos coming, we just have to wait for them to be released before we can put them on the forum

Thanks Matt

A idea why t game crashes when I try and do career with a custom team/league?