Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the patch here already. Rugby League Live 4: Version 1.01 update file
I'm with ya BigMoz. Smile

I can't wait to get my hands on this.. Friday can't come soon enough. I like what I've seen and while some posts I've seen have raised concerns, others are ones that don't hold much weight.... End of the day... for each individual... it's your own opinion that matters. As Krypter alluded to... some will love it, some will hate it.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
Wowsers. I only heard about this game existing after it released nearly - seems like more of the same reactions.

Im sure the same sort of reactions happen with any sports game release. Hell, you only have to read the comments made about nba2k which is arguably head and shoulders above any other sports title to see that. I guess whats different about us is we are a small market and pretty much all the passionate league gamers are in one place having a rant. Unlike 2k or madden we all live in fear this game could be the last and we are all still waiting for that game that gets it mostly right. I think the patched and updated version of rll2 was probably the closest ive seen.

Ill probably still get around to buying this game regardless because i want league games to keep being made. But hell - im an old man now who has been posting about league games as long as rads (stacey jones rugby league days) and i dont have the time i used to to sink into these things. I totally get where guys like rads and yuna are coming from.  Stuff like the fullback staying back in attack have been issues in every single game ive played. The issue has been fixed in the past with patches - why are we back here again? These arent picky complaints or unrealistic wish lists, its core gameplay we should expect to see (and have seen implemented eventually in patches for previous titles).  

Theres obviously a lot of good stuff in this game graphically and the forward play sounds great. It just feels like every time we get a new league game we take one step forward and a bunch of steps back.  

Thanks for everyone who is on here who has posted vids by the way.  really appreciate it.
It's crazy. I've been going through this ordeal since 2001 from Sidhes first game and now onto my 7th League game. Been a lot of ups and downs.

Without wanting to start a debate, RLL2 is still the closest to real League in my opinion.

Why do I keep doing this to myself lol.

Guess it's just the passion for the sport.
This thread has gone so far off topic lol
(07-26-2017, 08:23 PM)Radman Wrote: It's crazy. I've been going through this ordeal since 2001 from Sidhes first game and now onto my 7th League game. Been a lot of ups and downs.

Without wanting to start a debate, RLL2 is still the closest to real League in my opinion.

ET's Rugby League came out in 1992 didn't it... there was some game on the Commodore 64 before it... but ET is were the real Rugby League gaming journey started for me.

You'll never stop doing it Radman... face it, you love the game too much. Big Grin
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
(07-26-2017, 08:23 PM)Radman Wrote: It's crazy. I've been going through this ordeal since 2001 from Sidhes first game and now onto my 7th League game. Been a lot of ups and downs.

I ammin the same boat as you Radman. Since 2001. For RL3 on the Wii was the best. Pity is was onky released on Wii. If it released on PS and Xbox 360 Sidhe might still be making games! Ets rugby league from the 80s was awesome too
@ Ruck - Yeah that's true, I'm in as long as it takes to get to the promised land lol.  Tongue

RLL2 (with the patches) is definitely on top of my list.

This is way, way off topic, but do the Sidhe forums still exist? I would love to see some of the old custom jerseys I used to post in there.
No it got shut down bro.
(07-26-2017, 07:42 PM)Eddie Wrote: Iv said for years many things that were constructive.

Years? 

Your user account is only one month old.