Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the patch here already. Rugby League Live 4: Version 1.01 update file
(07-26-2017, 07:04 PM)Makaveli Wrote:
(07-26-2017, 06:57 PM)secondsolution Wrote:
(07-26-2017, 06:42 PM)Makaveli Wrote: "I really want people to see this game, it's far beyond what we have done to date and easily the best sports game made in Australia to date."

- Ross Symons

That's just sad for Australian sports games. 

All Big Ant games have had a similar pattern where they release broken/semi-broken (which is disgraceful btw) then receive the second or third patch and become an enjoyable experience. 

Sadly that means forking out ~$80 to become a beta tester. I do wonder if Big Ant and Tru Blu realise the damage they do to their reputation with the way they release their games. Majority of casual players who end up returning the games assume they are all terrible because the first impression they receive

You're not wrong. I told a casual gaming but rugby league fan about the new game, and that it included face scans. But his question was "Is the game play still shit?". 

I don't have the game so I can't comment, although I did Pre-Order for Friday hoping that the bugs would be dealt with given the feedback by those people already with the game - obviously not. 

Unfortunately BA's track record at releasing solid games from Day 1 isn't great. You don't need to look further than the previous RL & cricket games to know that they didn't 'get it right' until the third and fourth patches. And those took six months.

It seems that they don't get it right until we tell them what's wrong. That's not really our job as consumers. As secondsolutions said, we're essentially paying to beta testers.
The other issue is most people won't hang around long enough to wait for the game to be patched  after 6 months, a lot of people especially the casual gamer that might only buy one game a year don't even know that games can be changed with patches , I havnt put RLL3 in my console since I put it down probably three weeks after it was released. In fact all of big ants games I've never played them or revisited them after a few week s of play . So I am like the majority first impressions are everything . and this is the big issue , I don't want to be a tester for a game that only the hardcore will advantage fro me six months down the track
Eddie, do you come here just to whinge?

You haven't posted anything that isn't just part of an endless string of whinging.

You've already said that you aren't going to buy the game, so why are you still here commenting on it? You have contributed absolutely nothing to the forum community. Rack off and leave us all in peace.
(07-26-2017, 12:45 PM)ak47 Wrote:
(07-26-2017, 12:39 PM)Jasche78 Wrote:
(07-26-2017, 12:09 PM)ak47 Wrote: What an. Absolute disgrace. Side cam orientation doesn't work with controls. We side cam players have to press forward or backwards on the stick to execute sidesteps and up n down to execute fends and drive. What kind of inept development is behind this monstrosity

Hi . I am a side cam ( broadcast view) only player as well im sure initially it will be a minor adjustment but by no means a deal breaker in my view. Once you get use to it it will feel more natural,just give it a chance to grow on u first. What i think would be cool is if the camera closes in or snaps on the ruck when a tackle is made then  snaps back out to wide angle to attack. Would feel alot like tv games doing that.

No way dude. This is a complete farce and no other sporting game in living memory has done this. They will patch it. It's DBC17 all over again. Frustrating

Totally agree. I'm not ever going to get used to a piece of stupidity like a 90 degree control tilt and player selection up and down the line doesn't work (R1 + L stick up and down), whilst everything else runs normally.

This is alongside a fair few other gameplay issues from what I'm hearing. I'm already not really playing the game much anymore and it's brand new.

You know it's always funny to see how many new people come out of the woodworks to criticize big ant every time a new game comes out. Like if they don't like it, they take it as a personal affront and claim that it's trash and Big Ant don't listen to "what people want". So far I have seen far more positive reactions, and not reviews. This is from people playing it on youtube. People who are not paid to say it's good.

With how hard it is to be a function video game studio in Australia, I'm glad at least somebody is attempting to make these games. Are they fifa level polish? No but if your expecting that then you are dumb because they get millions poured into them. If you don't like it fine, but don't put down a small studio of people who are trying their hardest to create games for, and lets be frank, a very niche sport.

There's a difference between constructive criticism and just being an asshole. There's something you don't like with it? That sucks, it really does. But I can assure you the developers did not do it just to slight you personally.
Iv said for years many things that were constructive. The main one being player size to field ratio. Not once in 4 iterations has it been considered or so it seems.

Now we are dealing with no support players and fullbacks who stay as Full Backs.

As a consumer I have as much right to complaining about the quality of the product as those that want to praise it.

Get over yourselves.
I dunno what game your playing then, yes the fullback problem is there but I've watched probably dozens of hours of footage on youtube so far and I've seen quite a few tries that were scored off support players. Field to player ratio is one I have been vocal about in the past, but maybe take a moment to consider that its quite possible the engine might not allow the to pursue some things.

I am not defending the product, I don't have it. I might get it and want to throw it out the window.

I am defending the developer because at the end of the day they are making an effort. Can you name another Australian based developer off the top of your head, I can't.

Fine line between criticizing a game and putting down a developer.
(07-26-2017, 07:48 PM)krypter Wrote: I dunno what game your playing then, yes the fullback problem is there but I've watched probably dozens of hours of footage on youtube so far and I've seen quite a few tries that were scored off support players.  Field to player ratio is one I have been vocal about in the past, but maybe take a moment to consider that its quite possible the engine might not allow the to pursue some things.

I am not defending the product, I don't have it.  I might get it and want to throw it out the window.

I am defending the developer because at the end of the day they are making an effort.  Can you name another Australian based developer off the top of your head, I can't.

Fine line between criticizing a game and putting down a developer.
Alright I will calm down a bit. Dissapointed though.
Still looks like a great, absorbing game of league to me in the videos iv'e seen so far. Yes it has issues like all games do but far from game breaking.

I think this game is a proper Sim now, it needs plenty of time to pick up and master all the skills needed to get good. It doesn't really look like a pick up and play for the casual gamer, particularly on the harder levels, but as a big League fan who is prepared to put in the time i'm happy with what Big Ant have come up with and hopefully issues get addressed over the coming patches.
the player to field ratio is fine......