Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
PATCH IDEAS/WISHLIST/DETAILS
(07-26-2017, 12:05 PM)ak47 Wrote: As a side cam only player. Should I even pick this up Friday? I'm not even going to play behind cam. I'd rather not even play it

Have you paid for it yet?
Nope. I just cannot believe this oversight. Actually I won't call it an oversight. It's been shipped with this knowledge. A total up yours from the devs
X1: Kulch
PSN: akulch
Steam: Kulch
(07-26-2017, 12:40 PM)ak47 Wrote: Nope. I just cannot believe this oversight. Actually I won't call it an oversight. It's been shipped with this knowledge. A total up yours from the devs

yeh well, I understand your frustration but Rugby League is normally played on front on camera. Do you ever play Madden on sidecam?
(07-26-2017, 12:55 PM)Yuna Wrote:
(07-26-2017, 12:40 PM)ak47 Wrote: Nope. I just cannot believe this oversight. Actually I won't call it an oversight. It's been shipped with this knowledge. A total up yours from the devs

yeh well, I understand your frustration but Rugby League is normally played on front on camera. Do you ever play Madden on sidecam?

Doesn't matter. All sports games cater to all cameras except BA games. They even took away the broadcast from DBC17 until a patch 3 months later. Everyone can play madden or Fifa in whatever camera they wish they aren't being forced to use controls from a different orientation.
So is it confirmed. Robert lui is the most valuable half?
X1: Kulch
PSN: akulch
Steam: Kulch
Farsyth Bar Stadium is in door so why is there wind??
Wind draft mate

Another great attention to detail by BA. Can't give them enough credit for that one.

Hey AK. I think it's pretty poor. I went out and bought the game on early reviews (most likely all played up-down views) and in general a lot of the game feels like it's a better game, a lot of work has gone into the game-play in different ways, but the side-cams are a joke for those of us who play on them.

Seriously, if I'd known it was going to be like this, I'd not have bought it until it was fixed. RLL2 & RLL3 made it obvious that some effort had gone into making those views very playable. This is quite the opposite.

The orientation issues not just stem from skill moves, but also continue into defensive player selection.

As for people asking us to play up-down view...... no.  Side-views (or even better, broadcast balanced from RLL2!!!) have a decent following. I used to think it was pretty 50/50 until, I did surveys on The Rugby Forum a few years back. That was when I discovered the up-down views were the preferred choice, although it wasn't a landslide. Up-down views were preferred by just a little over 60% of the audience and side-cams by just under 40%.

Obviously people are affected by what they are exposed to in their peer-groups etc, but in the end either choice is valid.

Would up-down players like it if right now, fend was moving the stick to the right of the defensive player and side-step left was achieved by pushing the stick towards the defensive player, whilst pushing away from the line produced a side-step right? Something tells me they'd be calling for an urgent patch.

When this extends to the defensive side of the game and player selection being almost impossible to use (outside of the simple R1 - nearest player button, which isn't always nearest), then you have some issues which need to be responded to.

Finally, the views themselves don't follow the action as well as past instances, with it possible to just run straight into the bottom side-line without seeing it coming. Try a different one? A couple of them are sooooo distant that it's hard to see the action on my 65' screen. It seems they simply had other priorities and have neglected this aspect of the game as released.

I reallly think it's got nearly all the ingredients of a massive improvement to the series. I love the new animations and the way the AI plays, great stuff, but it's no good if you can't play the game properly in a view you've been used to for many years across both Union and League games.

It'd be great if Big Ant could see their way clear to the Herculean task of simply re-assuring this section of their fanbase that they'll do something about it in the next patch!

(07-26-2017, 04:13 PM)C A Iversen Wrote:

Hey AK. I think it's pretty poor. I went out and bought the game on early reviews (most likely all played up-down views) and in general a lot of the game feels like it's a better game, a lot of work has gone into the game-play in different ways, but the side-cams are a joke for those of us who play on them.

Seriously, if I'd known it was going to be like this, I'd not have bought it until it was fixed. RLL2 & RLL3 made it obvious that some effort had gone into making those views very playable. This is quite the opposite.

The orientation issues not just stem from skill moves, but also continue into defensive player selection.

As for people asking us to play up-down view...... no.  Side-views (or even better, broadcast balanced from RLL2!!!) have a decent following. I used to think it was pretty 50/50 until, I did surveys on The Rugby Forum a few years back. That was when I discovered the up-down views were the preferred choice, although it wasn't a landslide. Up-down views were preferred by just a little over 60% of the audience and side-cams by just under 40%.

Obviously people are affected by what they are exposed to in their peer-groups etc, but in the end either choice is valid.

Would up-down players like it if right now, fend was moving the stick to the right of the defensive player and side-step left was achieved by pushing the stick towards the defensive player, whilst pushing away from the line produced a side-step right? Something tells me they'd be calling for an urgent patch.

When this extends to the defensive side of the game and player selection being almost impossible to use (outside of the simple R1 - nearest player button, which isn't always nearest), then you have some issues which need to be responded to.

Finally, the views themselves don't follow the action as well as past instances, with it possible to just run straight into the bottom side-line without seeing it coming. Try a different one? A couple of them are sooooo distant that it's hard to see the action on my 65' screen. It seems they simply had other priorities and have neglected this aspect of the game as released.

I reallly think it's got nearly all the ingredients of a massive improvement to the series. I love the new animations and the way the AI plays, great stuff, but it's no good if you can't play the game properly in a view you've been used to for many years across both Union and League games.

It'd be great if Big Ant could see their way clear to the Herculean task of simply re-assuring this section of their fanbase that they'll do something about it in the next patch!
Great post mate, couldn't agree more!
I reckon they might have preferred to keep the controls the same for side view for people who regularly switch between the 2 views.

Wouldn't passing left and right with the side buttons be the same problem?
Ability to have 'none' has an option in reprsentstive country option. Players like Gallen and Thurston who have retired from rep footy