Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the patch here already. Rugby League Live 4: Version 1.01 update file
(07-26-2017, 09:57 AM)SOR Wrote: So the big day 1 patch has barely any noticeable changes meaning the game is still largely unplayable.

According to the publisher YES.

Gee BA must be cranky about how the publisher rubished its title like that.

Amatuers.
(07-26-2017, 09:22 AM)[email protected] Wrote: I can confirm that the patch that went live yesterday was the day 1 patch. As with most games, the day 1 patch is there to address stability improvements, as the game continues to be developed after the base game has been submitted and approved by the console platform holders.

Yeh called it.

LOL at people here that thought day 1 patch was going to bring some sort of miracle gameplay improvements.

Some people here are just waaaaayyy too optimistic
So the day 1 patch hasn't really fixed any issues with game play etc?

I'm a bit disappointed to know that. Haven't got the game yet, will definitely buy it & play it and I applaude BA for making Rugby League games, but if so many customers are telling you the same issues, it can't possibly be THAT difficult to fix with a patch?

Also, why release the game if it is not 110% ready to be played and enjoyed?

So all this day 1 patch fixes is stability issues? What is that exactly?

Very deflated and not as excited after knowing this day 1 patch doesn't really fix anything in regards to how the games played, but we'll see Friday. I'm sure it's a step in the right direction.
(07-26-2017, 10:06 AM)Eddie Wrote:
(07-26-2017, 09:57 AM)SOR Wrote: So the big day 1 patch has barely any noticeable changes meaning the game is still largely unplayable.

According to the publisher YES.

Gee BA must be cranky about how the publisher rubished its title like that.

Amatuers.

Who ever mentioned that the Day 1 patch was going to have any gameplay changes or career improvements??? I think most people like to assume things and when their assumptions are not realised they go off the rails!

Maybe the word 'unplayable' is not the right term but if there were known game crashes (which is something people have reported pre-patch) then they would essentially make the game unplayable in certain circumstances and would be priority #1 to patch which it seems they have therefore, the Day 1 patch is successful in what it was set out to achieve. Case closed.

No point rushing any gameplay changes or enhancements before a lot more feedback provided than just a weeks worth. That way hopefully a whole heap of changes can be bundled rather than drip fed.

Go enjoy the game guys!!!!
Hard to enjoy the game where my fucking fullback stands 20m behind my whole team in attack.

Players like Inglis, Slater, Tedesco are redundant in the game
(07-26-2017, 10:45 AM)Yuna Wrote: Hard to enjoy the game where my fucking fullback stands 20m behind my whole team in attack

OK, so you have mentioned that as a potential fix. As Matt has already state, Big Ant are reading the comments and making notes down to fix i assume for a patch down the track. That should be the end of it rather than banging on the fact again and again! That won't achieve anything. 

Game is hardly unplayable because of a fullback standing a bit deep. May not be ideal and could be 'better' but it is still enjoyable to play
Hard to enjoy the game when every single back in the game is absolutely useless as are the halves. I personally don't enjoy carting my forwards into the defensive line for 4 tackles and then attempting to rush a kick away which occasionally ends with a knock on or a handover due to no time to kick it.
Well said Broncos4eva. "Unplayable" was a poor choice of words cause clearly people have been playing it... you can't point out the good and the bad in a game if you are not actually playing it. Sure it has some issues (don't most games) but they'll be ironed out as soon as possible.

The release date should have been the 28th for all... people playing the game before the day one patch really hasn't helped as people are expecting patch 2 to be the first one released.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
(07-26-2017, 10:51 AM)SOR Wrote: Hard to enjoy the game when every single back in the game is absolutely useless as are the halves. I personally don't enjoy carting my forwards into the defensive line for 4 tackles and then attempting to rush a kick away which occasionally ends with a knock on or a handover due to no time to kick it.

The new kicking mechanisms definitely take time to get used to and time. I myself also had issues with kicking but now after some more time playing, manage to get every kick away no issues. It is a matter of 'queing' the L2 button (or holding it in before the kicker receives the ball while the pass is in flight) which is different to all other league games.
(07-26-2017, 10:48 AM)broncos4eva Wrote:
(07-26-2017, 10:45 AM)Yuna Wrote: Hard to enjoy the game where my fucking fullback stands 20m behind my whole team in attack

OK, so you have mentioned that as a potential fix. As Matt has already state, Big Ant are reading the comments and making notes down to fix i assume for a patch down the track. That should be the end of it rather than banging on the fact again and again! That won't achieve anything. 

Game is hardly unplayable because of a fullback standing a bit deep. May not be ideal and could be 'better' but it is still enjoyable to play

NO, I'm deadset furious right now. It's like playing FIFA and having Messi and Ronaldo standing in no mans land. How would you enjoy that?

What is so fucking hard about getting the fullback right in the game? This is the 4th series for god sake

Even in the first RLL1 they had the fullback standing inline with the team. In RLL2 the fullback was heavily involved and running lines which made it even better. In RLL3 it kinda got worse because they only stand one side of the field and never ran any lines. Now they totally broke it wide open with this nonsense. 

Is it really that hard getting the coding right for the fullback? In the rugby challenge series, the fullback is also standing 20m behind the team and they never bothered to fix it for 3 series. Now BigAnt has made the same error. WTF

Thanks and sorry for the rant.