Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My thoughts - for what it's worth
(07-21-2017, 04:04 PM)drewey Wrote: Controlled movement??? It doesn't seem to do anyting?

Before the play the ball it only moves the selected player back into the defensive line.
Photo 
(07-21-2017, 03:25 PM)callmack1 Wrote:
(07-20-2017, 08:20 PM)Big Ant Studios QA Wrote:
(07-20-2017, 08:10 PM)callmack1 Wrote: One thing that's annoying me atm. I love playing on the 'Side balanced' camera view. However, in this game it is too far away, in RLL3 it was perfect but this one is too far away and it's hard to make out which player is which. Any chance you could fix this BA and make it like RLL3?

Great feedback, thanks. Have you tried all the side view options?
Hopefully we can try to look into resolving this in a future patch :-)
Yea I have tried the other options but they just don't suit me lol.

It would be awesome if you guys could resolve it and make it similar to RLL3!
Rugby 05 had the best side view. You were able to view the whole field whilst the players were still visible. If you guys could get it similar to that, it would be awesome.
[Image: 2456246562.jpg]
(07-21-2017, 01:09 PM)SOR Wrote: Anyone having passes that are flat or just point blank backwards being called as forward?

Yep, it happens all the time.

Oh.... you meant in the game. I thought you meant in the real NRL. Blush
From my experience not having proper sliding defence that really compresses the players lined up in front of the ball carrier closer together pre play the ball it is giving the AI advantages up the middle of my defence everywhere and with the AI defence not sliding in or out when I attack it feels a little over powered because they are always evenly spread and mostly mistake free not allowing for decent draw and pass options or decent overlaps.

I will persist but it's just a bit frustrating at the mo.

Gotta git gud lol.
Aaaw man. Have they changed the side cam? Broadcast? It was fine in RLL3.
X1: Kulch
PSN: akulch
Steam: Kulch
(07-21-2017, 05:23 PM)ak47 Wrote: Aaaw man. Have they changed the side cam? Broadcast? It was fine in RLL3.
Yea unfortunately. Side balanced was perfectin RLL3 but it's now too far away. Hope they can fix it.

Also, can anyone from BA confirm whether the mechanics for side views will be changed? It's annoying that things like drive, fend and side step are configured for the end view only meaning that if you play on a side view, you still have to push up on the right stick for things like fends and drives rather than pushing the right stick sideways.

I really like playing on the side view but these two issues are a bit frustrating.

Still loving the game overall though!
After putting in several hours into this game I really feel it's a step back. I was a big fan of RLL2 and RLL3 but I just can't enjoy this game in it's current state.
- The player switching is probably the worst it's ever been even including RLL3 before it was patched. 90% of the time it does not switch to the player closet to the ball and it just opens a massive gap for the ai.
- the controlled movement replacing an actual tackle command seems weird as there's no timing to it and it's just to auto tackle where you hope the ai doesn't step or fend you
- your markers seem to have no interest in getting square because they take an age to get to their feet and when they eventually decide to get square they have no hustle and take an eternity
- the ai is just abusing the drive system close to the goal line. I've conceded many tries from the ai hooker simply picking the ball up, standing still to initiate a tackle, and then falling over the line to score.
- the ai seem to have no interest in playing realistically as I never see them execute a standard 1 out hit up and instead always look to put it through the hands and eventually hit a forward running under

- the passing as it is right now really is abysmal, it looks like the players are throwing around a balloon the way the ball floats in the air
- a simple draw and pass seems impossible right bow because a) the ball takes so long to hit the receiver, multiple instances of 2 on 1's being intercepted from this b) you're either going to knock it on trying to pass late or you'll pass early and the defence will easily slide to cut it off
- I have no idea who the passes are going to most of the time. The introduction of R1 + A for first receiver has complicated basic passing because when I tap R1 on it's own for a normal pass sometimes it skips 2 players and results in an intercept
- short balls to backrowers running angled in lines don't seem to work as the ball isn't thrown near hard enough
- fends and steps are way too fast, with my be a pro who has a shocking 30 speed rating I actually see his pace pick up when executing a fend compared to standard sprinting
- general kicking has jjst been made to complicated, the timing bar seems very unncessary. Kicking in RLL3 was good enough so don't see why it had to be changed. They just take way too long to get away and often result in a knock on from the ai sprinting up on you
- offloads seem pretty pointless right now since they result in forward passes or the recipient being driven back as soon as they catch it
- play the ball speeds are unbelievably slow, I can not understand at all why the wiggle the right stick mechanic was removed as it worked quite well and made sense. It's so hard right now to get any momentum in a set with every play the ball taking an age

I really do want to like this game but right now I'm just not willing to try and get better at it with the way some of these mechanics are
(07-21-2017, 05:42 PM)callmack1 Wrote:
(07-21-2017, 05:23 PM)ak47 Wrote: Aaaw man. Have they changed the side cam? Broadcast? It was fine in RLL3.
Yea unfortunately. Side balanced was perfectin RLL3 but it's now too far away. Hope they can fix it.

This is a shame yet par for the course they did the same to DBC17 cameras. They patched it but the honeymoon period was over by then. This is what I don't understand with this patching retrospectively fixing stuff it's under the assumption we are still playing the game when the patch is released,  and unless it's a AAA Fifa esque title casual players probably aren't still playing it. Whereas if there was no need for a patch the honeymoon period is longer by default. I got so burned with project cars and DBC17.  I'm skeptic about RLL4. Tgc2 also shipped with issues. The greatest gaming experience I've had in years is the witcher and that's coz I started playing it last month 2 years after release and patches with polish.
X1: Kulch
PSN: akulch
Steam: Kulch
Tackling is actually pretty easy now. It's like Rugby 2005 style, You don't even need to press a button to tackle now, you can just run into a player now and it will automatically tackle them
When A.I kicks the ball on the 5th, they ALWAYS kick it to the wingers, never down the middle
Yeh passing needs to be fixed.

Makes it impossible to spread the ball with these stupid lofted passes.