Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RLL4 Early Impressions **UPDATED**
A.I is trash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIIRBj8qgmM

Fast forward to 8:05

A.I gets in the way of the kicker on the 5th tackle, then picks up the ball when it's still the 5th tackle and runs straight onto the defence. No passing, no kicking. And I can find alot of these all day.
I'm interested to see how the A.I plays in the Auckland 9's setup when there is gaps and overlaps everywhere. I'm sure we'll see the A.I not passing when there is like 3 on 1 overlaps

I'm happy to be proven wrong though.
(07-18-2017, 10:34 PM)Yuna Wrote: A.I is trash

A.I gets in the way of the kicker on the 5th tackle, then picks up the ball when it's still the 5th tackle and runs straight onto the defence. No passing, no kicking. And I can find alot of these all day.
To be honest mate, the AI should be the least of our concerns right now and I'm all about how the AI plays.
Only thing noted so far and it's music to my ears, it's hard...

Looking forward to seeing some of the footage later.
(07-18-2017, 10:38 PM)stdragons Wrote:
(07-18-2017, 10:34 PM)Yuna Wrote: A.I is trash

To be honest mate, the AI should be the least of our concerns right now and I'm all about how the AI plays.

I think that might partially be the users fault. Maybe the had that set play going, so thats why that player ran in front of him? idk though.
(07-18-2017, 10:36 AM)nbugge94 Wrote:
(07-18-2017, 10:33 AM)Yuna Wrote: Do you notice much difference hitting it up with a forward compared to a back?
100%. The momentum seriously IS THERE. You'll almost always get momentum with a prop. Hold R3 up and they will pump their legs to move up the field. nearly impossibly to do with backs. 

This was my biggest concern and they have done a good job with it to be honest. 

The only thing is, if you play on sideline camera, the R3 controls don't change. So you need to push R3 up for momentum, even though you are technically pointing R3 to the grandstand. THe R3 controls suit the behind camera.

So the orientation of the R3 controls don't change when the camera does.  Angry
X1: Kulch
PSN: akulch
Steam: Kulch
A few more games in and I will say again it is good fun. But another gripe is that with the tackle button also being a kick button, just about every intercept I've taken has resulted in me just kicking the ball away.
@AK47 - I'm sure that will be fixed in the patch. It would be hella annoying if not.
(07-18-2017, 11:43 PM)99 problems Wrote: A few more games in and I will say again it is good fun. But another gripe is that with the tackle button also being a kick button, just about every intercept I've taken has resulted in me just kicking the ball away.

lol n00b

How bout stop spamming the tackle button and time it instead?
You used to be able to tackle with the R3 flick too, thus no accidental kicks
X1: Kulch
PSN: akulch
Steam: Kulch