Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The first review of Rugby League Live 4 is now live
https://press-start.com.au/reviews/plays...nts-round/

Say what you want about the virtual footballing abilities of the Press Start team, they clearly had a lot of fun playing the game Big Grin :

"There's a level of polish that we haven't seen in an Australian sporting game in some time"

8/10.
HAH, I laughed at the first few words from the article

"I’m a massive Rugby League fan"

Doesn't look like it when they play like shit and have absolutely no idea what they are doing.
Clearly he hasn't played the previous versions

"You now have an indicator over under each player at all times which signifies when you’re offside, so you now know not to make a tackle if you’re defending, and you know where to run if you’re attacking."

That was there since RLL2!!!!
Jesus give it a rest
He had an offside indicator as one of the big new features. That has been in the games forever right?

Also, I'm concerned by the one paragraph for career mode. It makes it sound like nothing has really changed or been updated (like releasing players mid contract, better interactions with lower grades). Please correct me if I'm wrong Big Ant!
(07-17-2017, 08:12 PM)secondsolution Wrote: He had an offside indicator as one of the big new features. That has been in the games forever right?

Also, I'm concerned by the one paragraph for career mode. It makes it sound like nothing has really changed or been updated (like releasing players mid contract, better interactions with lower grades). Please correct me if I'm wrong Big Ant!

Keep in mind though this guy said on a facebook comment that he didn't play much career mode in RLL3 so he couldn't say what had been changed when asked about it
Its a solid review. I remember for RLL3, this one bloke who reviewed the game had some screenshots from a competitors old rugby game. I still would love to know what changes have been made to the be a pro mode specifically.  

Also, they completely failed to mention the new logo, jersey and stadium creation side of the game. Which i feel is a really important part of the game. In fact, i really want to encourage BA (and tru blu) to show off some of our creations in whatever video they decide to create. Show this stuff off. If people can recreate their fondest 80's origin moments, people will be interested. If they can also create their local leagues and teams, thats another plus.  

Get the word out there BA!
So attacking close to the line is still a bit off it looks like.
Hardly anything about career or be a pro
Well done Big Ant! The game looks brilliant, unfortunately the guys at press start we're shit at the so didn't really show off the game that well