Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fanhub Feedback & Problems
When you select the headgear or head tape it disappears once you exit that section and does not remain with the player.

I wish there were more options in terms of resizing and changing the body parts. In 3 you could stretch the sternum area which was a nice feature. Be also nice to change the size of the forearms and calves independently. I actually think the body model in general was much better in 3. The fanhub this year is a strange beast indeed. There are some terrific new features and the players actually do look alot more realistic, but I just wish some features were not taken away from the last one.
(07-04-2017, 01:23 AM)Itchy Hram Wrote: I know there are many threads floating about regarding Fanhub issues etc, but I thought it might be a good idea for people to list the areas where they feel the Player Creation suite could be improved. In some ways the player creation for 4 seems to be a case of one step forward and 2 steps backward. Whilst there are some neat improvements, great features that were present in 3 have been taken away or watered down considerably. For myself the biggest issues are as follows and I sincerely hope that the guys at BA will at least consider these.

1) My biggest gripe is the lack of hairstyles. In 3 we were able to choose the top style with variations for Middle, Side and Right part on all, and then being able to mix and match with the Back/Sides options. This enabled you to pretty much create any type of variant you desired. Also the hair textures themselves were much more realistic and you could choose between straight, curly and frizzy. 

2) Hair Colour. Seems a bit washed away and its not possible to have a proper Blonde hair ala Geoff Toovey.

3) In 3 you had a lot more body morphing options when tweaking the height and weight of the player, where you could alter the length and breadth of the sternum etc. These have been watered down quite a bit.

4) The mouth options are a bit weak esp in terms of setting height/width and angle.

5) There were 19 Eyebrow types in 3 and only 7 in 4 and the textures are pretty washed out.

6) The facial hair textures I feel could be alot better and in 3 you could select numerous options for straight and frizzy etc.

Sorry to be nit picky, but I hope that BA appreciate the feedback.

If possible and on the proviso you are able to disclose this, could we please get confirmation on whether at all it will be possible for players from 3 to be imported/carried across. From what I have heard the likenesses for the non scanned players are pretty average, and many of these have been created to a high level in 3 so it would certainly make a massive difference and save people re-inventing the wheel

Thanks in advance.
 Agree with all of that. Lots to like but the old fan hub had so many more options. 
Fros are not big enough!
No Cool Mullets!
Argh, the Jersey models this year are a pain in the @#$!!!. For jerseys which have continuing lines from front to back it is near impossible to line them up. Just have a look at Halifax's home jerseys and you will see what I mean. Why why why was the model from 3 changed....it was great and easy to make jerseys. RLL3 was a joy to mod in many respects but this year its just downright tedious. I guess they dont want people to mod the game or show any appreciation for the retro stuff.....shame really!! RLL2 had retro jerseys, logos etc, but it seems that has been forsaken. Perhaps there are licencing issues at stake, but still its a real shame for those who appreciated them.
(07-07-2017, 06:47 PM)Itchy Hram Wrote: Argh, the Jersey models this year are a pain in the @#$!!!. For jerseys which have continuing lines from front to back it is near impossible to line them up. Just have a look at Halifax's home jerseys and you will see what I mean. Why why why was the model from 3 changed....it was great and easy to make jerseys. RLL3 was a joy to mod in many respects but this year its just downright tedious. I guess they dont want people to mod the game or show any appreciation for the retro stuff.....shame really!! RLL2 had retro jerseys, logos etc, but it seems that has been forsaken. Perhaps there are licencing issues at stake, but still its a real shame for those who appreciated them.
I haven't found them too bad so far but haven't done anything too complicated yet.
The Back of the Jersey is now a different scale to the front so it is nigh on impossible to line up the stripes properly. None of the official current jerseys have continuing lines so I guess it does'nt matter.
It's actually mind blowing that TB/BA didn't reach out to Itchy and offer him some sort of contract role in the player likeness department.
I did actually contact BA about creating some Classic content as part of their official game. I would do it for free actually. Fifa, Pes and NBA (don't know about other sports) all have classic teams etc as part of their release, so it would certainly be a welcome addition and we would not be so dependant on Wouldy for his invaluable contributions. In saying that though, I have no idea how difficult that may be from a licencing/approval point of view and I guess ultimately Tru Blu have the final word on that, so I guess that speaks volumes. I am sure if BA were in the driving seat, we would be seeing much greater support for this. There is enough moaning and groaning going on in this place, so I'm loathed to be adding to that. So many people in wishlists etc for RLL4 were calling for more classic content etc, so I guess as it stands there is a little disappointment. Hopefully some more things will be present in the final release. Anyway I'll sign off for now....I think the message has come across loud and clear. I thoroughly enjoy doing the modding, not just for myself but contributing something back to the community that hopefully in some way makes a difference. I'd love to continue doing that, but there is only so much I can achieve without the necessary infrastructure. BA/TB if you are in position to address any of the issues I have mentioned, I and many others would be eternally grateful. After all I am pretty sure the mods help promote the game, and even contribute to some sales.
Thanks in advance.
I would suggest the two big issues would be Official and Licensing part of it all. If it was to be part of the Official game, then it would have to be Licensed... and I would imagine for classic players this would have to be individually obtained... which would be near impossible to do, let alone do cheaply.

Even if done for free... it would cost a lot as I doubt that everyone would get on board for free just for the thrill of being involved.

The FanHub will make jersey modding easier... but I agree more character creation options would help bring the glory days of the Winfield Cup era back to life.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
I might be able to change the player model back to RLL3 minus the head, not sure. I know the arms and boots meshes are the same as RLL3.
The retro Jerseys would have to be without signage as it would be a logistical nightmare, not to mention a costly licencing issue. But many of these were included in RLL2. Perhaps there are also rights issues with using certain players likeness'. But then again these players are still being created via the fanhub. Either way its never going to happen officially. I appreciate all the modding support BA have provided in the past, as I am sure they have tried to provide all that they are able to, and you can't please everyone.
The main issue I had with the Winfield Cup stuff in the last game was the inability to select the proper Jersey model for the custom jerseys, as well as adjusting the font number colour and size etc. This looks to be even more of a limitation in the new game as there are now only 2 Jerseys using the Classic Collar model. If we are able to select the Jersey model and number detail for the custom Jerseys then no problem, but looking at the save file it looks doubtful. Without Wouldy and some serious hex editing, the Winfield Cup patch would not have been possible at all. I guess I was hoping this time around things might be made a little easier for us to create this. Time will tell I guess. The fanhub already has some significant bugs, i.e not being able to select Headgear or Tape, so I assume it is not the finished product. Perhaps I am being premature in my judgement, but I'm trying to point these issues out constructively so that potentially some things may get addressed, even at the risk of sounding like a broken record.