Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Covers
In all honesty  any one remember  the backlash when  cam smith  was announced  for rrl3 i feel they tried to go for someone  a little more neutral.
Of all the superstars in the game, Adam Reynolds? I mean.. I don't get it. Why not the Australian captain again? Or someone who is a huge role model that all kids look up to like Thurston? Bad job on that one, Tru Blu.
(06-09-2017, 04:53 PM)Matt BnW Wrote: Of all the superstars in the game, Adam Reynolds? I mean.. I don't get it. Why not the Australian captain again? Or someone who is a huge role model that all kids look up to like Thurston? Bad job on that one, Tru Blu.

Caz you put smith  Thurston gallen and body  with influences people whinge
The cover star decides whether casual league fans will buy the game or not. Choosing Adam Reynolds is a near unforgivable marketing mistake. What are Tru Blu thinking??
It's a poor choice unfortunately (unless of course you are a bunnies fan) but we all know by now that the gameplay will be the deciding factor on whether it's a purchase or not.
I don't think the Casual League fan cares who is on the cover. Anybody who doesn't buy the game because of a player on the cover can call themselves what they want, but the end of the day if they like Rugby League and don't buy it... they're an idiot.

Reynolds goes ok... doesn't look like a bagful of ######## (potatoes?) and hasn't done anything too sketchy (and if he has... it wasn't that bad enough to outshine the others who have clearly done worse). So while I agree I could think of many others that would personally appeal to my ideals... he's hardly the worst choice available.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
High-res image:

[Image: rugby_league_live_4_ps4_cover_new.jpg]
(06-09-2017, 04:43 PM)napa Wrote: In all honesty  any one remember  the backlash when  cam smith  was announced  for rrl3 i feel they tried to go for someone  a little more neutral.

The backlash this cover has recieved is almost nuclear level heat haha. Such a strange choice.
There's a good chance they signed him on when he played SOO, if we can believe tru blue would be so organised.

In all honesty I could care less.
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
[Image: mtxMqGs.jpg]