Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Don Bradman Cricket 17 Academy Demo Feedback
(09-01-2016, 03:48 PM)usinnitin Wrote: on watching some of the latest videos of DBC 17 demo -net practice & SCG practice, this game doesnt seems to be what it had promised !! i.e. "giant leap forward"
where as it will be more refined game with non potential features like  women creation, voice in the game, logo editor or stadium editor.
if the basic remained same ,there will be no huge consumers for the game .DBC 14 was a big hit bcoz it was a diffirent game with great execution.......

You guys are seriously delusional. Where is a game, that literally revolutionized cricket video games meant to go as far as gameplay?

The batting and bowling has been refined, excellent. The fielding has been completely overhauled, it was needed but we can't comment on it until we try it. 

Name any other sports titles (other than PES) that have an uninhibited logo/kit designer and then the stadium creator, which you just list as a "nothing special" feature that takes years to develop. Then you're forgetting the new career mode (not new to sports games, but definitely cricket games) in which you can play as yourself or the team with evolving squads, injuries etc. This game isn't just a continuation on the evolution of cricket games but, sports games in general. 

People buy the same fifa every year, why would we not buy a new cricket game every 2-3 years that offers not only improved gameplay but actual additions which add to the longevity of the game, not just a card game for the publisher to cash in on.

You can stick to DBC14 if you wish, we won't miss you. Or just go back to Cricket 07 or Brian Lara cricket 96, it's all the same.
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
EA would be doing themselves a service if they looked at what Big Ant are doing. They seem to take things out each year which is a shame as it is those "non-potential" features that would make me buy a Soccer game... not their collector card mini-game.

A demo of the nets is far from the finished game, I'd suggest waiting to see the finished product before passing judgement. DBC14 was great, but DBC17 is going to make it a fond memory as it's not going to get a look in this Summer. Smile
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
Any chance of getting a highlight option for the hair... It would be useful for to define players who have that extra bit of colour... or those who are losing it. Smile
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
(09-08-2016, 01:52 PM)Ruck Wrote: Any chance of getting a highlight option for the hair... It would be useful for to define players who have that extra bit of colour... or those who are losing it. Smile

First time back posting here in a long time, but that was something that I thought would've been useful on the previous one, so I imagine it'd be useful here.

From all I've read it seems that the game is going to be hugely improved and I'm really looking forward to it . I should probably download the demo pretty soon and get to grips with the new creation, as I did a few hundred on the previous one.

Anyhow, looks good what I have seen Big Ant.

I remember seeing something about this on the PC forums, but cannot remember if it was answered.

Would it be possible to change the gloves to have individual colours rather than individual styles and team colours? Pads make sense (although having the main colour the team colour and decorative colours individual could be cool, but only if the design parts of pads were made a lot smaller) but gloves would be very good to have with their own colours for each person (or use team gloves).
[Image: AVrxy6Y.png]
It would be good if you were able to create a team or edit a default one and be able to edit the team name and/or logo for each format. Example English County side Warwickshire. First Class name is Warwickshire, List A name is Warwickshire Bears & their T20 name is Birmingham Bears. Otherwise I would have to play as Warwickshire in the Natwest T20 Blast not as Birmingham Bears. Probably a very petty thing but though it would add to the realism. As being able to select different logos for each format. One last thing say Warwickshire purchase an Overseas player like Shaun Tait. But he is only selected to play T20s (in real life) would there be a way for us to exclude him from playing against us in career mode. Like if I was Glamorgan playing Warwickshire in First Class Cricket he shouldn't be selected. The only time he should be a chance of selection would be if Glamorgan Dragons played Birmingham Bears (T20 Cricket). Hope this wasn't to confusing it seems like it might be hard to implement but if it can be would be very cool. Looking forward to World Premier please can people going take plenty of Videos pretty please lol Smile
(09-01-2016, 04:08 PM)theaxe1606 Wrote:
(09-01-2016, 03:48 PM)usinnitin Wrote: on watching some of the latest videos of DBC 17 demo -net practice & SCG practice, this game doesnt seems to be what it had promised !! i.e. "giant leap forward"
where as it will be more refined game with non potential features like  women creation, voice in the game, logo editor or stadium editor.
if the basic remained same ,there will be no huge consumers for the game .DBC 14 was a big hit bcoz it was a diffirent game with great execution.......

You guys are seriously delusional. Where is a game, that literally revolutionized cricket video games meant to go as far as gameplay?

The batting and bowling has been refined, excellent. The fielding has been completely overhauled, it was needed but we can't comment on it until we try it. 

Name any other sports titles (other than PES) that have an uninhibited logo/kit designer and then the stadium creator, which you just list as a "nothing special" feature that takes years to develop. Then you're forgetting the new career mode (not new to sports games, but definitely cricket games) in which you can play as yourself or the team with evolving squads, injuries etc. This game isn't just a continuation on the evolution of cricket games but, sports games in general. 

People buy the same fifa every year, why would we not buy a new cricket game every 2-3 years that offers not only improved gameplay but actual additions which add to the longevity of the game, not just a card game for the publisher to cash in on.

You can stick to DBC14 if you wish, we won't miss you. Or just go back to Cricket 07 or Brian Lara cricket 96, it's all the same.

I agree with this so much.
Hit the showers mate you are absolutely cooked!
So we have another academy update today but, still nothing more in terms of items/stadiums for the stadium creator. Will there be much more added to this down the track? There are what I consider simple things needed like a 4 tier stadium and the ability to fully close off the back of the stands so you can't see through them for grounds like the MCG.
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
My creation of Sir Vivian Richards Stadium, Antigua has been deleted off my Academy and is not on the Server anymore Sad (It was uploaded to the server) worked very hard on it, now there is no sign of it. Does anyone else have the same problem. This has just happened after the latest update. Here's what my Stadium looked like. Please Big Ant is there any way of retrieving it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)