Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
Don Bradman Cricket 17 Academy Demo Feedback
(05-28-2016, 05:00 PM)Ruck Wrote: Has looked at the player creation side of the game, demands "needed" changes. LOL

Suggestions are welcome but without more to go on, it's a bit early to be dictating terms. I'm willing to back Big Ant at this stage, as I don't see the need for maxed players and would hope that player development is like previous games.

No no no, player development should be more equal as a bowler if i bowl four outswinger and one seam at the end of the over it goes to seam everytime unless one of those out swingers take a wicket, also ball physics there is no loopong shots off bat, chopping ball onto own stumps and since the last patch bouncers are useless unless it drops off batsman shoulder onto stumps.... but the worst of all was the fielding, they are so lazy they jog to the ball and dive over the boundery most the time and majority of cathces are one handed. Hope we got new bowling dilvery styles and batting styles, like slower balls out the back of the hand. Still best cricket game we have had up to now just a few things that i think could make the new game that much greater.
I was in the wrong for making the message sound like demands and I fully support the work on the game. Although, I looked at the DBC 17 demo and no other options were available and I am certain that the DBC 14 demo had all options unlocked from first release.
Simmons - Hit the showers mate.
I had earlier suggested to include 3 skills for batsmen

1 Timing
2 Placement
3 Consistency

I noticed that currently in academy when we can allocate skills for individual shots. (cover drive, pull etc) and also for how good a batsmen is on the offside and onside.

Since we are allocating skills to shots we don't need a separate skill for each side of the wicket. A Player good at cover drive automatically is able to play well on the offside so on and so forth. So the skills allocated to different shots should define how well the player is on either side of the wicket.

It would however add a lot of depth if onside offside skills are replaced with timing, placement and consistency.
(05-30-2016, 03:27 AM)tarangmht Wrote: I had earlier suggested to include 3 skills for batsmen

1 Timing
2 Placement
3 Consistency

I noticed that currently in academy when we can allocate skills for individual shots. (cover drive, pull etc) and also for how good a batsmen is on the offside and onside.

Since we are allocating skills to shots we don't need a separate skill for each side of the wicket. A Player good at cover drive automatically is able to play well on the offside so on and so forth. So the skills allocated to different shots should define how well the player is on either side of the wicket.

It would however add a lot of depth if onside offside skills are replaced with timing, placement and consistency.

Don't forget to post this on PlanetCricket as well, just in case MattW, Ross or HBK don't see it here...
(05-30-2016, 08:40 AM)border Wrote: Don't forget to post this on PlanetCricket as well, just in case MattW, Ross or HBK don't see it here...
As much as I'd be happy for you to all join us on PlanetCricket - we read your feedback here as well Smile.
Cant find the promised 'shareable stadium editor' in the academy menu. also... the kit doesn't look as realistic as 14
(05-30-2016, 05:44 PM)nobody Wrote: Cant find the promised 'shareable stadium editor' in the academy menu. also... the kit doesn't look as realistic as 14

Where have these idiots come from?
"I'm not saying it's ugly but, that tackle clearly wouldn't get many valentines cards" - Eddie Hemmings '17
(05-30-2016, 10:03 AM)MattW Wrote:
(05-30-2016, 08:40 AM)border Wrote: Don't forget to post this on PlanetCricket as well, just in case MattW, Ross or HBK don't see it here...
As much as I'd be happy for you to all join us on PlanetCricket - we read your feedback here as well Smile.

Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(05-30-2016, 03:27 AM)tarangmht Wrote: I had earlier suggested to include 3 skills for batsmen

1 Timing
2 Placement
3 Consistency

good suggestion mate.......
i really feel ,these kind of points are welcomed in this academy....i still feel the success of DBC 17 will again ride on corely 'batting'. we always talk about defensive, moderate, attacking in past, but in modern cricket we dont see so called defensive batsmen anymore like dravid,chanderpaul,geoff boycott etc,these are certainly the legends but a defensive batsmen in a video game means he cannot manage the asking runrate of 8 or 10 per over and is a real waste.we do have cool batsmen who can block wel & hit long as wel like, dhoni,steven smith,sangakara,etc. i think this moods are totally depend on the course of situation and mostly on the USER player........ for example i play ODI as india ,& in death overs we need to up the tempo... & its ridiculously ends with No. 9,10 & 11 hitting 3-4 big sixes a over.....The batting catagory should be like, aggressive, cool,& tailender...
All three catagories has freedom to defend the ball rightly.
Aggressive- chances of dismisal increases if keeps on hitting hard(by the USER)
Cool-if keeps hitting hard(by the USER)few shots should executed as defensive shots by default.
Tailender-if keeps hitting hard enough(by the USER)it should miss time OR missed ones by default...
A 'pressure bar' tool can be very usefull for the following situations,...
1) sledging by bowler/close fielder can effect the pressure & further the Confidence of the batter
2) batting death overs in 1st inning (no pressure) defers , batting death overs in 2nd inning(pressure adds as per target)
3) can be more customize

Life's Cricket.....