Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
PS4 / XBOX ONE Update when to expect
Thanks @InSaiyan - much appreciated.

If I could give a date for the patches I certainly would at the earliest opportunity.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
(01-14-2016, 05:46 PM)Imagination_11 Wrote: Can we console users get a refund or a free game from Tru Blu to compensate this ridiculous delay?
Why would you get a refund from Tru Blu? You brought it from a retailer or a console store surely? Why would Tru Blu have to give anyone a refund? They sold the game to distributors, not you.

(01-14-2016, 05:46 PM)Imagination_11 Wrote: I mean we paid money for this game
You're completely right about that, we did pay money for the game and we got the game. Done deal.

(01-14-2016, 05:46 PM)Imagination_11 Wrote: and we're entitled to enjoy it the same way PC users are enjoyong it at the moment.
You're completely wrong about that. Under what circumstances is there an obligation to give us the patch at all?

(01-14-2016, 05:46 PM)Imagination_11 Wrote: Is there any new info on the console patch or do we just keep waiting?
Just keep waiting I think.

(01-14-2016, 05:46 PM)Imagination_11 Wrote: I can't be the only one whose frustrated with the time it's taking to release a simple patch.
Despite the answers I've given, I'm also frustrated to not be able to play the patched version of this, or the patched version of Don Bradman Cricket on PS4, but all I can do is put it out of my mind and get back to some other game for the time being.

I can say with all honesty, despite RLL3 being a much, much deeper game, that I have shelved it for far longer since purchase than RLL2 ever was shelved for.

For me it's the ridiculous step up to the Pro difficulty. I had adjusted to it slightly, but my friends who want to play competition seasons against me find it far to hard for the amount of play time they have available. I consequently don't want to get too far ahead of them, so I've had to stop playing.

There's no "release date" for the patch, but I'm thinking that it's probably encountering the same kind of problems that Don Bradman Cricket is on PS4 and Xbox One and will be a fair while yet.

(01-14-2016, 07:47 PM)C A Iversen Wrote:
(01-14-2016, 05:46 PM)Imagination_11 Wrote: Can we console users get a refund or a free game from Tru Blu to compensate this ridiculous delay?
Why would you get a refund from Tru Blu? You brought it from a retailer or a console store surely? Why would Tru Blu have to give anyone a refund? They sold the game to distributors, not you.

(01-14-2016, 05:46 PM)Imagination_11 Wrote: I mean we paid money for this game
You're completely right about that, we did pay money for the game and we got the game. Done deal.

(01-14-2016, 05:46 PM)Imagination_11 Wrote: and we're entitled to enjoy it the same way PC users are enjoyong it at the moment.
You're completely wrong about that. Under what circumstances is there an obligation to give us the patch at all?

(01-14-2016, 05:46 PM)Imagination_11 Wrote: Is there any new info on the console patch or do we just keep waiting?
Just keep waiting I think.

(01-14-2016, 05:46 PM)Imagination_11 Wrote: I can't be the only one whose frustrated with the time it's taking to release a simple patch.
Despite the answers I've given, I'm also frustrated to not be able to play the patched version of this, or the patched version of Don Bradman Cricket on PS4, but all I can do is put it out of my mind and get back to some other game for the time being.

I can say with all honesty, despite RLL3 being a much, much deeper game, that I have shelved it for far longer since purchase than RLL2 ever was shelved for.

For me it's the ridiculous step up to the Pro difficulty. I had adjusted to it slightly, but my friends who want to play competition seasons against me find it far to hard for the amount of play time they have available. I consequently don't want to get too far ahead of them, so I've had to stop playing.

There's no "release date" for the patch, but I'm thinking that it's probably encountering the same kind of problems that Don Bradman Cricket is on PS4 and Xbox One and will be a fair while yet.

Well said CA
Don Bradman Cricket 14 greatest game ever till DBC 17 comes out
I agree with CA Iverson in that i shelved the game due to the difficulty jump to pro and adding that to other things that need patching and tweaking left me wanting to wait for the patch before immersing myself into it.That was 3 days after release, 4 months ago now.Seems a hell of a long wait for a patch to be approved.
Tru Blu could have made the Steam guys wait until the patch was out for Console but what would that have gained anybody? Indeed, the patch will be stronger for all of the play that the Steam guys have given the Beta branch.

There is no obligation for a patch on RLL3, there will be one as we've made one, but there is no obligation to do so.

However there is an obligation of a patch for DBC (even though it's already had some early days in the console cycle), because I opened my big mouth and said there would be co-op play! We've used the opportunity cost of having to add that in a patch to also add a lot of other stuff, indeed making it almost a new game in the way it feels/plays.

I appreciate that Big Ant have no obligation to produce a patch Ross, and am thankful there will be one.That said if there wasn't one and we would have been left with the game out of the box as the finished product i would have been extremely disappointed with game and traded it in a few days after purchasing. Just my opinion. I know the patch addresses many of the problems and my opinions of the game are likely to go up ten fold when we get it, length of delay is getting silly now though.

On a side note even though i don't play it on PC i think its great that The guys playing that platform can advise the developer on tweaks and problems, i hold no bitterness towards them for getting the patch several months before me Smile
(01-14-2016, 11:34 PM)BigMoz Wrote: That said if there wasn't one and we would have been left with the game out of the box as the finished product i would have been extremely disappointed with game and traded it in a few days after purchasing.

I'm almost exactly the same on this. The game's depth is great, the customisation options are awesome, career is much improved and fairly well implemented, the Fan Hub is brilliant, the graphics are more than decent, the basic game-play (concept) is wonderful.

There are just a few aspects of the core game-play as they play out and the difficulty ranges that are poor. Some of these minor elements magnify in game-play and become fairly detrimental to the experience.

I'm lucky enough to play games in person against a fairly diverse range of people, who have NO problem disagreeing with each other and none of them ask to play RLL3 anymore. They all ask me if I've heard when the patch is coming.

There is no obligation for a patch, absolutely, but I'm certain there are many aspects of the coming patch that are not wants but NEEDS for people to be convinced that RLL3 is a quality well rounded title.

Gaming and I go back a long way into the early 80's and way back then and into the early console days of PS1, PS2 and even to a certain extent on PS3, you had to just put up with games as they were when released. You really are buying what's in the box and either liking it or not.

Rugby '08 had a killer bug on PS2, where an injury could just kill the game and of course that being PS2, it wasn't patched. That was how it was.

Fans can be nasty and I've seen some developers and publishers quite rightly trot out the "you're lucky to be getting patches at all" kind of line for a long time since PS3 and Xbox 360 came out and they're completely right.

It's a little different now though, things have been changing and evolving and patches are not as much of a novelty or a bonus anymore, especially if a game needs some fixes that if not changed, ruin the game and the users enthusiasm.

All of a sudden you have people ceasing to play it, it kills the online community, it increases the re-sale market for the title and decreases the "must buy" feeling in the casual market for any sequels on release.

There's ZERO obligation, but still plenty of good reason for publishers and developers to try and follow up with patches now, especially if the game has issues which may not be functional in nature, but do diminish the longevity.

With some patches, there's sometimes almost as much benefit in it for the publisher/developer as for the consumer.

Lol this "issue" wouldn't of been a problem if it was actually tested before shipping. Well, at least to a point were it wouldn't be this heated. I would've rather the game be delayed than unfinished. Would I be annoyed still? Yes a little but I would understand at the same time.

I've actually given up waiting for the patch so when it comes out then I'll be happy. At the end of the day Rugby League Live 3 isn't the only game in the world. There's plenty of games out there. I do also understand that the patches for steam games are less complicated & there would be no point of holding it back just because the console patch hasn't came out.

I will admit I've been a little hard on Big Ant since the release of RLL3 but I appreciate their effort & time making the game and correcting the issues that everybody has raised.

Since this is Tru Blu's problem now, has anyone tried call them up? Their contact number is clearly on their website.
[Image: s22yp.gif]
If this was asked I apologize but I see lots of talk about the PC and PS4 patch, is a patch for PS3 in the works as well?
@goaliedad73 The patch will be on all formats, PS3, PS4, Xbox360, Xbox One.