Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Steam Public Beta Program
(10-12-2015, 09:02 PM)lts Wrote: Since I joined the program in career mode the intro to the game and commentary has the incorrect teams. I am playing as Souths and was against the Cowboys for instance and the commentary kept saying Roosters and Eels.

This is probably the dumbest question on here but where do you go to get the patches? Or does it happen automatically? By opting into the beta program does it update automatically with different things?

This has been noted, quite i few times I believe.
The downloads can get queued in Steam, like, "Rugby League Live 3 - Update Required" or will download itself.
Only problem I have with this beta is the fullback is still half useless. Especially on the tryline.
I think this may be an issue on all platforms but none-the-less its an issue.
When searching for a club on the FanHub community search, the "Club Name" field is only searching the actual club name, not the location name at all (it can't be searched separately).
This makes it very hard to find a lot of teams and probably confuses a lot of people who aren't aware of this.

Keep in mind the tooltip for the search field says to search "MEL" to get "MELBOURNE STORM". That actualy does not work at the moment. You would need to search "STORM".

One complexity is finding sides that share club names with others. For example there is currently no way for me to search for the New Zealand Warriors or the Wigan Warriors separately. I can only search Warriors because the location name is not included in the "club name" search as the tooltip suggests it is.

I will check if this is happening on Xbox One or if it is only the beta on PC.

EDIT:
I can confirm that on Xbox One this occurs also.
The tooltip suggestion to type "MEL" in the "Club Name" field to find results including MELBOURNE STORM is not working. There is only 1 result from this; the "New Zealand Smellyr!ngh0les".
Looks like an issue with the FanHub database searching logic, I hope this can get fixed up because I have no doubt people are searching for clubs and let down by the lack of results.
New build now live on the Public Beta branch.

Build notes as follows:

TUNING
Tuned AI scoots to occur less and in better scenarios.
Tuned Fullback movement.

FIXES
Corrected commentary list and wrong commentary names.
Corrected issues with graphics card selection.
Corrected incorrect loading screen information.

ADDITIONS
Added ability to select monitor that game runs on in config file.

We're also working on further improvements to the AI passing. If people could get us some examples (via video ideally) of the AI passing to the wrong player, in the wrong scenario, etc. that would be great. We have some stuff we've been applying ourselves, but would like to see what users are seeing just to corroborate it with our own fixes.
^^

Awesome, just actually just jumped of rll3 lol, then i got the update qued. ill give it a run later tonight.

There are a few things that seem to get annoying at times,

1. to select my fullback don't you press left bumper and right bumper together? (because i seem to pressing this so much times to actually select my fullback then by then the opposition are in for a try.

2. also when the ball is kicked near the sideline they seem to pick up the ball with a running animation towards the sideline thus causing me to turn the ball over ( i have a video clip of this happening will upload it)
(10-13-2015, 05:18 PM)HBK619 Wrote: New build now live on the Public Beta branch.

Build notes as follows:

TUNING
Tuned AI scoots to occur less and in better scenarios.
Tuned Fullback movement.

FIXES
Corrected commentary list and wrong commentary names.
Corrected issues with graphics card selection.
Corrected incorrect loading screen information.

ADDITIONS
Added ability to select monitor that game runs on in config file.

We're also working on further improvements to the AI passing. If people could get us some examples (via video ideally) of the AI passing to the wrong player, in the wrong scenario, etc. that would be great. We have some stuff we've been applying ourselves, but would like to see what users are seeing just to corroborate it with our own fixes.

Nice! Can't wait to try it out.
For the AI passing, I think my post above yours where the AI support runners aren't always running in the best position contributes greatly to the AI passing.
In this case it is not so much they pass to the wrong person, they just have no one to pass to because the support is directly behind them, not a metre or two to the left/right.

I will try to capture whatever bad passing I can!
It would be great if in future games with replay you could save the replay (a la Rocket League). Unfortunately I have no automatic DVR on PC like on Xbox One, so being able to save some replays in future titles would be useful.
(10-13-2015, 06:18 PM)mattw36 Wrote: Unfortunately I have no automatic DVR on PC like on Xbox One, so being able to save some replays in future titles would be useful.

Does your graphics card have shadow-play? i got a gtx 970 and been using shadow play to record since my elgato only records 30fps (have the old version). very similar to a elgato where you can choose how much footage you would like to record, simply hit alt f10 and it can record the last 1min to even 20 mins from memory.
(10-13-2015, 08:23 PM)KnightsInStyle Wrote: Does your graphics card have shadow-play? i got a gtx 970 and been using shadow play to record since my elgato only records 30fps (have the old version). very similar to a elgato where you can choose how much footage you would like to record, simply hit alt f10 and it can record the last 1min to even 20 mins from memory.

Good idea, I do have it actually. Only problem is I forget to turn it on!

In terms of feedback on the new patch (player two 20 minute games on Legend):

Tuned AI scoots to occur less and in better scenarios. - So far this change has been excellent. The constant AI scooting has annoyed me more than almost anything since the original launch on consoles, as it just makes the AI too easy to defend.

I feel what is now number 1 on the list of things that "annoy because it makes the AI too easy to manipulate" is the AI wingers on the kick-off team not participating in defending the kick off. This creates huge gaps on either edge during the first play after a kick-off, often giving me easy tries. Hope a fix can be made to tighten this up (it is easy to manipulate on-line also). I have gone into details on this issue previously here:
https://forum.bigant.com/thread-3849-pos...l#pid60168

Tuned Fullback movement. - This seems much better when selecting your fullback, he doesn't seem to spin around.

However the positioning is still off like it was before. The defensive fullback still moves laterally along the try-line, even when the attacking player is sprinting over the 10m line with no one else in-front of them. Simply not enough space and time for the defensive fullback to make a tackle.
Below is an album demonstrating the issue again on the most previous patch:
http://imgur.com/a/tRx9D
Watch the fullback to notice he still is stuck in a position where he has no time and space to tackle/react.
Shame I can't participate in this beta testing since I'm relocating and starting my new job role. I see bigant have made improvements in the A.I passing but what about the running game? On the console versions, the problem was is that they run when they should've passed and passed when they should've ran.

Has this been addressed?

Cheers.
Here iv uploaded a video of that issue mattw36 regarding the fullback sliding across and simply let a soft try in.

https://youtu.be/29UM-VPY2kM
@yuna Please keep this thread for actual feedback on the Beta branch, we read every thread and there are appropriate threads for this feedback. In any case, the non-specific feedback "they run when they should've passed and passed when they should've ran" is not useful for us in any way.

PS: Congratulations on the new job.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com