Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rate and Review
(09-29-2015, 12:14 PM)sanzar Wrote:
(09-29-2015, 12:07 PM)ak47 Wrote:
(09-29-2015, 11:49 AM)sanzar Wrote:
(09-29-2015, 11:43 AM)ak47 Wrote: the game really punishes you if you use turbo at the wrong times. ie pretty much anytime u aren't in the clear, which is 95% of the time.
its not this severe in any other sports game, and that will polarise the audience, whom are customed to other sports games that let u turbo about without much penalty.

ive learnt the hard way, that its not worth holding the controller in a manner that u can sprint and pass right simulteanously (like we all did in JLR, EA rugby). in fact forget sprint altogether...over time u will learn to use it sporadically, and see its adverse effects when used at the wrong times

Interesting. I've probably been over using sprint I must admit - particularly out of dummy half and it kills my hooker's stamina.

Would you only use it for breaks?

i only really use it once im in the clear on a break or chasing kicks. u will also get more driving/drag tackles, as u have more stamina going into tackles...this is the main benefit of not using sprint, u get a chance to use the tackling dynamics better, otherwise u just get backslammed every tackle coz u have less stamina than the tackler(s)

That's very interesting. I'll make some changes to how I play and see how I go with that. Does it make it easier for your forwards to make metres as the game wears on with straight hit ups? As I said above, I'd love it if there was a leg drive button which was most effective with forwards

the drive with forwards works better, but its not enough IMO. just try running the ball into the D line without sprint - just after contact press forward on the right stick to initiate the drive. once u get the hang of this and its timing, then try doing the R3 press hitup just before contact. don't ever use sprint - u get dominated in the tackle. they still need to tune the drive so it happens much much more, but I have found the less u use sprint, the chances of getting a drive forward increases alot
X1: Kulch
PSN: akulch
Steam: Kulch
^ shit I seriously didn't even know you could do an R3 hit up or right stick leg drive!
(09-29-2015, 12:38 PM)ak47 Wrote: the drive with forwards works better, but its not enough IMO. just try running the ball into the D line without sprint - just after contact press forward on the right stick to initiate the drive. once u get the hang of this and its timing, then try doing the R3 press hitup just before contact. don't ever use sprint - u get dominated in the tackle. they still need to tune the drive so it happens much much more, but I have found the less u use sprint, the chances of getting a drive forward increases alot

Agree with tuning drive to be more effective. I think this should be particularly for forwards to make them more appealing to actually pass to the ball to.
(09-29-2015, 12:14 PM)sanzar Wrote:
(09-29-2015, 12:07 PM)ak47 Wrote:
(09-29-2015, 11:49 AM)sanzar Wrote:
(09-29-2015, 11:43 AM)ak47 Wrote: the game really punishes you if you use turbo at the wrong times. ie pretty much anytime u aren't in the clear, which is 95% of the time.
its not this severe in any other sports game, and that will polarise the audience, whom are customed to other sports games that let u turbo about without much penalty.

ive learnt the hard way, that its not worth holding the controller in a manner that u can sprint and pass right simulteanously (like we all did in JLR, EA rugby). in fact forget sprint altogether...over time u will learn to use it sporadically, and see its adverse effects when used at the wrong times

Interesting. I've probably been over using sprint I must admit - particularly out of dummy half and it kills my hooker's stamina.

Would you only use it for breaks?

i only really use it once im in the clear on a break or chasing kicks. u will also get more driving/drag tackles, as u have more stamina going into tackles...this is the main benefit of not using sprint, u get a chance to use the tackling dynamics better, otherwise u just get backslammed every tackle coz u have less stamina than the tackler(s)

That's very interesting. I'll make some changes to how I play and see how I go with that. Does it make it easier for your forwards to make metres as the game wears on with straight hit ups? As I said above, I'd love it if there was a leg drive button which was most effective with forwards

The original Rugby League game that Sidhe made had this feeling of leg drive, some call it button mashing, but I think in this case it felt good, if they sidhe would of eliminated button mashing for the sprinting, then button mashing at times in drives gets that struggle feeling without over doing button mashing in the game overall . Or maybe something like the rucks mechanism in Rugby world cup 2011, were you would button mash briefly with graph to drive the legs but if you went over you would get penalized or lose the ruck all together. You did it jus right then you would have a good chance to drag a tackler a good distance or maybe even break out if there is no defensive support.

Cheers and salud