Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Be a pro question
So I have almost finished my first season as a halfback for the under 20's Broncos and was surprised that I got no NRL contract offers at all and only one under 20's contract, which was to continue on with the Broncos. However, I got about 10 English, QLD cup and NSW cup offers. The reason I found it strange was because I got MotM 80% of games and got the under 20's player of the year which probably deserves an NRL contract. So my question is, if I decline all contracts will I get any other offers this season or will I have to retire? Our team is playing the Preliminary final at the end of the week so there is still 2 rounds left. Also, if I choose a 2 year contract, is it possible for me to be offered a contract after the 1st year? Because I really want to be in the NRL by 2017 at the latest. Thanks in advance.
I actually support the Broncos but the Raider's logo looks cooler Cool
(09-27-2015, 11:46 AM)Giraffe Wrote: which probably deserves an NRL contract.

Son, just like in real life, you don't deserve or entitled to anything. You have to earn it!
(09-27-2015, 11:53 AM)Yuna Wrote:

Son, just like in real life, you don't deserve or entitled to anything. You have to earn it!

So how is being MotM in 80% of games, being the under 20's player of the year, being in the under 20's team of the year, guiding our team to the minor premiership, most likely guiding them to a premiership not worthy of an NRL contract?
(09-27-2015, 11:56 AM)Giraffe Wrote: So how is being MotM in 80% of games, being the under 20's player of the year, being in the under 20's team of the year, guiding our team to the minor premiership, most likely guiding them to a premiership not worthy of an NRL contract?

Same reason why a person that can't secure full time employment when they graduated from a top uni with high distinction average and dozens of extra curricular activities
(09-27-2015, 11:56 AM)Giraffe Wrote:

So how is being MotM in 80% of games, being the under 20's player of the year, being in the under 20's team of the year, guiding our team to the minor premiership, most likely guiding them to a premiership not worthy of an NRL contract?

Well, it should be a netural progression. Under 20's > NSW/QLD CUP > NRL

Thats how most clubs develop their players. Most guys dont go straight from 20's to NRL.
(09-27-2015, 12:37 PM)Dufeyz Wrote:
(09-27-2015, 11:56 AM)Giraffe Wrote:

Well, it should be a netural progression. Under 20's > NSW/QLD CUP > NRL

Thats how most clubs develop their players. Most guys dont go straight from 20's to NRL.

That is understandable but Ash Taylor(in my game) was selected for the Broncos when Ben Hunt was dropped/injured ahead of me even though he is a bench player and I start. Is that because I am only contracted to the Broncos under 20's side? Anyway, we are getting off-topic. Can someone please answer my original questiom?
I've never rejected a contract offer. I've always been offered a contract that i wanted to accept. Don't want to risk it.
(09-27-2015, 01:14 PM)Dufeyz Wrote: I've never rejected a contract offer. I've always been offered a contract that i wanted to accept. Don't want to risk it.

If nothing pops up on here by tonight I think I will take one for the team and risk it. Have you been offered a contract before your contract expires? So say you are on a 2 year deal, can you sign for a different club for the next year or do you need to play for 2 full years with that club?
(09-27-2015, 01:25 PM)Giraffe Wrote:
(09-27-2015, 01:14 PM)Dufeyz Wrote: I've never rejected a contract offer. I've always been offered a contract that i wanted to accept. Don't want to risk it.

If nothing pops up on here by tonight I think I will take one for the team and risk it. Have you been offered a contract before your contract expires? So say you are on a 2 year deal, can you sign for a different club for the next year or do you need to play for 2 full years with that club?

i Useally get offered contracts before the season is over. I dont think you can 'get out' of a contract.
Using DCE I simmed a season and rejected all contract offers. About once a fortnight I recieved a new batch of offers so I am going to risk it with my rookie.

I did it and won the GF. Immediately got offered a contract with the Broncos!!!!!!!