Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
RLL3 vs. RC3 Discussion
(09-25-2015, 06:30 PM)Ross Wrote: Would love to see comparison shots between RC3 FanHub and RLL3 FanHub of the same union players - haven't checked out RC3 FanHub since it launched.

I just downloaded and had a look Ross.

Outside of the player models being of a far lower quality (such as the quality of the hair and facial textures) the options to customise are just pale in comparison.

Viewing the communities contributions is really tough. The servers would keep telling me they failed and backing me out after I scrolled down the list. However some that I could find (the ones you would think to be at the top of most popular are not) were much better in RLL3, like Folau.

Furthermore I don't think there is any ability to search the communities contributions, only view the top ones and search from there.

Nonetheless I still want to tough out the stubbornness of RC3's FanHub and try and get some side-by-sides.

If I were to rate the two FanHubs however (not the players created in them), I would say RLL3 is better in almost every way. The RC3 FanHub has the ability to edit a range of tactical tendencies for each created team and a vast variety of tattoos to choose from but outside of this it is does not compare to RLL3's.
How big are Wicked Witch studios compared to BigAnt? thier AFL effort was dodgy as hell. Thier rugby game port from Sidhes ashes might be thier last shot.
To be fair I respect Wicked Witch Studios as mobile game developers but until they make a decent enough contribution to sports games that will be all I see them as.

Anyway, below are comparison shots of three FanHub players (RLL3 vs RC3). The players are Folau, RTS and S.Burgess.
I would like to do this as well for the Wallabies and All Blacks in time.

http://imgur.com/a/gEH9x
Gotta Say RLL 3 looks much better than RC3
(09-25-2015, 07:56 PM)cinderplauge Wrote: Gotta Say RLL 3 looks much better than RC3

I definitely agree.
I understand for say RTS who is a Rugby League player or Sam Burgess who isn't really super big in Union yet.
However, Israel Folau is now THE marquee player in Union (especially here in Australia), yet he looks much much better in the League game over the Union game...
(09-25-2015, 06:30 PM)Ross Wrote: Would love to see comparison shots between RC3 FanHub and RLL3 FanHub of the same union players - haven't checked out RC3 FanHub since it launched.

I was on it when it launched, The RC3 'create a player' is identical to RC2. They did add tattoos. No new face textures or Hair styles. So it'll be hard to achieve a decent looking likeness. They'll end up looking the same.

I'm not brown nosing, but RLL3 is streets ahead...
Ok I have done a few more in addition to the ones I listed above (the link to those is http://imgur.com/a/gEH9x )

This comparison is of Shaun Johnson and Sonny Bill Williams.
http://imgur.com/a/WbOA1

One thing I will give the RC3 FanHub over the RLL3 one is that the backdrop the players are in front of makes for better lighting (especially when trying to view darker hair).
(09-25-2015, 07:48 PM)mattw36 Wrote: To be fair I respect Wicked Witch Studios as mobile game developers but until they make a decent enough contribution to sports games that will be all I see them as.

Anyway, below are comparison shots of three FanHub players (RLL3 vs RC3). The players are Folau, RTS and S.Burgess.

Enjoying RLL3 so much haven't had much time to check out RC3 hub, even though I am a Union playerTongue. I still love to watch and play both codes. I wonder if you can edit player attributes in RC3, for me this is huge. I think we can balance the game better if we are able to do this.
Would like to see this added to RLL3 Player Hub eventually. With this feature you can help tune the game. If I could do that know I would play around with slowing down the forwards some but making them stronger, and decreasing the passing ability over all.

Cheers and Salud
(09-25-2015, 08:50 PM)lionmaul Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 07:48 PM)mattw36 Wrote: To be fair I respect Wicked Witch Studios as mobile game developers but until they make a decent enough contribution to sports games that will be all I see them as.

Enjoying RLL3 so much haven't had much time to check out RC3 hub, even though I am a Union playerTongue. I still love to watch and play both codes. I wonder if you can edit player attributes in RC3, for me this is huge. I think we can balance the game better if we are able to do this.
Would like to see this added to RLL3 Player Hub eventually. With this feature you can help tune the game. If I could do that know I would play around with slowing down the forwards some but making them stronger, and decreasing the passing ability over all.

Cheers and Salud

good points
If I pre-ordered the Springboks edition, would have I got 27 years in gaol as a bonus?