Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running lines/set plays
(09-23-2015, 10:32 PM)Yuna Wrote: Yeh I played RC2 (was pretty good at it too). The fullback option was useless, why would you have him at the backplay during attack?

Oh no, I used this a lot an it was an effective way to involve the fullback would get many breaks with my Fb with this tactic. You have to choose the correct moment to do it though.

Cheers and Salud
What tactic mate? How is your fullback going to be effective when he is 40m in the back lol?
The tactics buttons don't really seem to be effective for me.
The field goal formation is the only tactic I ever really use however I think it could have been something that would be awesome if it was implemented a bit better.

Obviously BA have put a lot of time and effort into the game and probably have other priorities that they are looking into and that is fine, however, if BA has time to implement more tactical formations (specifically for attack) I think it would add to the game a lot.

I saw that there was a custom tactics option in the fanhub that got scrapped for whatever reason. Would have been a good feature, I am curious to the reason BA had for removing it.
(09-24-2015, 11:39 AM)A1ianT0rtur3 Wrote: The tactics buttons don't really seem to be effective for me.
The field goal formation is the only tactic I ever really use however I think it could have been something that would be awesome if it was implemented a bit better.

Obviously BA have put a lot of time and effort into the game and probably have other priorities that they are looking into and that is fine, however, if BA has time to implement more tactical formations (specifically for attack) I think it would add to the game a lot.

I saw that there was a custom tactics option in the fanhub that got scrapped for whatever reason. Would have been a good feature, I am curious to the reason BA had for removing it.

Big Ant supported DBC very well for quite a long time after release and I am sure they will do the same for RLL3 with patches to fix bugs/tune/balance.
However, I am hopeful we will see a RLL4 by Big Ant in 2-3 years time and if we do I would think one of the next steps they take are adding more tactics buttons and possibly custom tactics like you mention.
Custom tactics/set plays will be the next big thing for rugby league games

Will completely change the competitive nature of the game if bigant can get it right.
(09-24-2015, 11:58 AM)BRAB Wrote: Custom tactics/set plays will be the next big thing for rugby league games

Will completely change the competitive nature of the game if bigant can get it right.

Thats exactly right.
I would love to see BA implement this well.
A basic tactic that I think could be implemented easily would be setting the depth for an offensive line however if a set play constructor could be made it would really make a next level RL game.
the game needs formations, so from dummy half you can decide your next move, either a forward hitting it up or spread it wide to the backs (STANDING DEEP) with decoy runners and out the back plays
X1: Kulch
PSN: akulch
Steam: Kulch
(09-24-2015, 11:13 AM)Yuna Wrote: What tactic mate? How is your fullback going to be effective when he is 40m in the back lol?

To be clear I am talking about RC2 tactic of bringing your fullback up closer to the line on offense. This helps involving your fullback in the play in RC2.

Cheers and Salud
(09-24-2015, 03:34 PM)lionmaul Wrote:
(09-24-2015, 11:13 AM)Yuna Wrote: What tactic mate? How is your fullback going to be effective when he is 40m in the back lol?

To be clear I am talking about RC2 tactic of bringing your fullback up closer to the line on offense. This helps involving your fullback in the play in RC2.

Cheers and Salud

Yeh that's what I meant. There shouldn't even need to be an option, the fullback should at the line 100% in attack.