Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running lines/set plays
(09-23-2015, 09:41 PM)Yuna Wrote: A tactic formation similar to Sidhe RL3 would be good and I doubt it will be that hard to make either.

Sidhe improved this even more in Rugby Challenge 2.
The screenshots below show how using the D-Pad (like in RLL3) you could change the lines depth (deep/normal/flat), lines width (compressed/normal/wide), fullback position (in-line/normal) and some other Rugby Union terms I am unfamiliar with (Pods/ruck commitment).
[Image: 50n9LHc.png?1]
[Image: rXKxQOh.jpg]

RLL3 already has line width in defence, however I think line depth and fullback position (maybe in-line left/in-line right/dropped back) would be an amazing addition down the road, hopefully in RLL4!
Yeh I played RC2 (was pretty good at it too). The fullback option was useless, why would you have him at the backplay during attack?
(09-23-2015, 10:32 PM)Yuna Wrote: Yeh I played RC2 (was pretty good at it too). The fullback option was useless, why would you have him at the backplay during attack?

Well in rugby league it could be used when trying to avoid a long range intercept/strip/kick return tries, especially when defending a small lead. Union however, I am no expert on.
There really needs the ability to set your attack deep especially when inside the opposition 10m
(09-23-2015, 10:35 PM)mattw36 Wrote: Well in rugby league it could be used when trying to avoid a long range intercept/strip/kick return tries

haha, come on mate. Has any team EVER did that? Putting your fullback in backplay during attack to prevent a possible intercept try or strip.
(09-23-2015, 11:00 PM)Yuna Wrote:
(09-23-2015, 10:35 PM)mattw36 Wrote: Well in rugby league it could be used when trying to avoid a long range intercept/strip/kick return tries

haha, come on mate. Has any team EVER did that? Putting your fullback in backplay during attack to prevent a possible intercept try or strip.

Teams do that constantly every match. The fullback is not often in the line until the play in which they participate happens.
They aren't standing deep as in 40 metres back, but they are typically deeper than the front line of attackers, that is how they chime in to create an overlap.
(09-23-2015, 11:07 PM)mattw36 Wrote: They aren't standing deep as in 40 metres back,

Well this is exactly what happens in RC2. If you set the fullback to "normal" they stand 40m in back play like they are fielding a kick in defence when they are in attack. That's the point I'm trying to make.
(09-23-2015, 11:13 PM)Yuna Wrote:
(09-23-2015, 11:07 PM)mattw36 Wrote: They aren't standing deep as in 40 metres back,

Well this is exactly what happens in RC2. If you set the fullback to "normal" they stand 40m in back play like they are fielding a kick in defence when they are in attack. That's the point I'm trying to make.

That is fine, I don't know a lot about Rugby, I think the fullbacks may have to stay deep to protect from certain types of kicks.
Sorry for the confusion, I was referring to rugby league where a fullback stands slightly deeper than the attacking line.
Yeh anyway, additional running likes and different formations would be great additions
I would love to see some more variations in running lines and plays . I think it's an area that could really make this game shine . Would even be willing to pay for it Smile