Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
This game is a major let down.
(09-19-2015, 03:09 AM)man1 Wrote: At the end of the day avid RL fans will buy RL games regardless of graphics or gameplay. I'd expect most RL fans want to see a strong representation of the sport in terms of gameplay. I think sporting gamers would also prioritise gameplay over graphics. The only gamers who would be attracted to fifa like graphics are casual gamers. Casual gamers would probably appreciate an amazing looking RL game but they would hardly go out and buy a copy of it on the back of it. RL games are niche that sit in the sporting game market. This makes gameplay key to BAs success, not graphics.

Not sure what the above means really.

Im a big gamer. Im a massive RL fan. More than anything I would like a Rugby League game that was on the level of Fifa.

Big Ant has a lot of the features now, however imo the Rugby Challenge engine sadly blows this out of the water with regards to movement, animation, control.

I would prefer an RL game over a RU game any day of the week. I am telling you now that HES missed a trick by not letting the two companies pool resources with regards to engine with both games.

Big Ants engine ( if there is one ), does not hold a candle to the Rugby Challenge engine, sadly. I do mean sadly as Im completely impartial, I just want a great RL game with a great engine. The RLL series does not have the engine. I dont know what its based on but its way off. Rugby Challenge engine is far more comparable to Fifa than RLL is. They need a completely new engine for RLL4.
(09-18-2015, 01:33 PM)Ross96p Wrote: Please dont make the game easier i love the challenge of it
Just tone the passing down a touch and give the forwards even greater power on higher difficulty for the ai

Yes, this^^^^. The thing is ,tone down passing should be for the user, it is to easy to pass for the user as well so if they AI passing gets tone down so they don't hot potato, then the margin of error when the user starts to hot potato should be greater. Some people want the AI to stop the hot potato, but they themselves hot potato all the time because there are minor consequences.Smile

I think simply giving more of advantage in one on one tackles to the offensive player, would help. Force the defense to use more players in the tackle and this will open up more holes.(almost every one on one tackle should be a struggle tackle). This would cause less hot potato. Offense has the advantage until a second tackler joins. This will improve forward play in a correct manor.

Cheers and Salud
(09-19-2015, 05:07 AM)lionmaul Wrote:
(09-18-2015, 01:33 PM)Ross96p Wrote: Please dont make the game easier i love the challenge of it
Just tone the passing down a touch and give the forwards even greater power on higher difficulty for the ai

Yes, this^^^^. The thing is ,tone down passing should be for the user, it is to easy to pass for the user as well so if they AI passing gets tone down so they don't hot potato, then the margin of error when the user starts to hot potato should be greater. Some people want the AI to stop the hot potato, but they themselves hot potato all the time because there are minor consequences.Smile

I think simply giving more of advantage in one on one tackles to the offensive player, would help. Force the defense to use more players in the tackle and this will open up more holes.(almost every one on one tackle should be a struggle tackle). This would cause less hot potato. Offense has the advantage until a second tackler joins. This will improve forward play in a correct manor.

Cheers and Salud
Passing, kicking and taking contact sliders would have improved the game by 50%.
(09-19-2015, 03:09 AM)man1 Wrote: At the end of the day avid RL fans will buy RL games regardless of graphics or gameplay. I'd expect most RL fans want to see a strong representation of the sport in terms of gameplay. I think sporting gamers would also prioritise gameplay over graphics. The only gamers who would be attracted to fifa like graphics are casual gamers. Casual gamers would probably appreciate an amazing looking RL game but they would hardly go out and buy a copy of it on the back of it. RL games are niche that sit in the sporting game market. This makes gameplay key to BAs success, not graphics.

Whilst I agree with your "Improve gameplay and forget graphics" point I'd just like to point out that I'm a very casual gamer (I buy one or two games a year maximum) and if a game is broken but has phenomenal graphics I still won't buy it.

Casual gamers want a game with longevity and fun gameplay as much as anyone else. That's why games such as COD, GTA and Skyrim are/were so popular with the casuals
Have you got the game yet SOR? Smile
Give the devs a chance to patch some of the issues with the game. The game is very playable in it's current state, but I'm hoping they can take it even further by listening to some of the great feedback here and polishing it a bit more.
Pickle pretty spoton there mate you think beeing Rugby and League game Company's would pull togther and crack out some epicness..
IGN gave a Better review of RLL3 than NHL16 and that game has MILLIONS and still fucks up.
up up cronulla
The biggest problem with the game that I'm experiencing is that it's just not fun to play against the computer. The computer can pass it around and find gaps easiky, the computer can fend off my low tackles and is impossible to tackle one on one, the computer can effectively halt any forward momentum but gain incredible momentum themselves. It's not broken it's very much playable but against the computer it's just not fun for me.
(09-19-2015, 11:47 AM)Eastern Suburbs Wrote: The biggest problem with the game that I'm experiencing is that it's just not fun to play against the computer. The computer can pass it around and find gaps easiky, the computer can fend off my low tackles and is impossible to tackle one on one, the computer can effectively halt any forward momentum but gain incredible momentum themselves. It's not broken it's very much playable but against the computer it's just not fun for me.

Get better mate, I'm having no problems flogging the A.I on veteran and legend difficulty
Well good for you