Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
IGN Review/Playthough
http://au.ign.com/videos/2015/09/15/rugb...commentary

and written review

http://au.ign.com/articles/2015/09/15/ru...e-3-review
up up cronulla
Why is a steep learning curve a negative? You shouldn't be able to pick up the controller and play the game instantly. You need to learn how to play the game. We are given the controls and the rest is for us to figure out.
Good review. I gave it 6.5 aswell a few days ago. It's fair because it's way better than rll2 but obviously not as good as FIFA or madden but it has a huge amount of potential for years to come
Pretty good review, don't agree with the overall score but I really disagree about commentary it's just not for me thankfully the on field sound effects are entertaining in their own right

On commentary some of vossys new lines seem like thinly veiled swipes at Gus for not turning up for this one lol Tongue
Well NRL will be getting alot of light due to Hayne playing NFL now seeing what this game is!!!
Best NFL 16 is freakn epic i havent enjoyed a NFL game since NFL Blitz on dreamcast
up up cronulla
Engaging commentary? This is why I don't like IGN. Even big Ant admitted that commentary was not an important priority for them as they were focusing on making the Gameplay good
(09-15-2015, 05:25 PM)TinyBobcat Wrote: Why is a steep learning curve a negative? You shouldn't be able to pick up the controller and play the game instantly. You need to learn how to play the game. We are given the controls and the rest is for us to figure out.

This is the same website that gave Alien:Isolation a 5.9, and the reviewer complained that it was too hard.

So it really doesn't surprise me.
I feel like the score is between 1.5 and 2.0 too low. The game has some things that need to be improved upon as a Rugby League gaming experience, but I would not say it's 35% away from that perfect League experience.

The score isn't right to me.

(09-15-2015, 08:16 PM)C A Iversen Wrote: I feel like the score is between 1.5 and 2.0 too low. The game has some things that need to be improved upon as a Rugby League gaming experience, but I would not say it's 35% away from that perfect League experience.

The score isn't right to me.

It doesn't make sense because in final analysis the reviewer states that it is the best Rugby game out there and almost achieves greatness, therefore on that basis you would expect 7.5/8 out of 10 minimum if you are saying it just falls short of a great game in which you would be marking at 8.5/9 and above.

Apart from that, it is a good review and i'm sure Big Ant are happy with it.
The actual review seems way more positive then the score.

I'd imagine Ross would be stoked with it, basically aligns with the design philosophy of bigant games; push for a simulation, no hand holding, big learning curve

As always, it's the AI that holds this game back from being perfect.