Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rep teams on Career Mode?
(09-13-2015, 06:09 PM)benrhino Wrote: But people have spent the last however many months reiterating thAt what they want is realism, stuff like promoting players, to having to name a squad early in the week (some people even seemed to want injuries to occur right before the game is about to kick off).

I suppose the morale of the story is you can't please everyone.

People have also stated they want rep careers in coach mode
(09-13-2015, 06:12 PM)Yuna Wrote:
(09-13-2015, 06:09 PM)benrhino Wrote: I suppose the morale of the story is you can't please everyone.

So Benny, would you rather they include rep teams in career mode or not?

Personally, it doesn't bother me as England don't play mid season internationals anymore Smile

I can understand why people wanted it in, but when people are calling for realism I can justify it not being there. In my experience with for example Fifa the internTional management portion is often left by the wayside by fans when it comes to career mode, and in RLL3 if it was a choice between say having rep coaching in, and having a more realistic club coaching experience, I'd pick club coaching every time.
(09-13-2015, 07:17 PM)benrhino Wrote: Personally, it doesn't bother me as England don't play mid season internationals anymore Smile

But they play end of year 4 nations tournament tho
Aye they do, but I don't think they were ever an option, were they in RLL2?

Just to add Yuna. Rep teams would be a good addition if the game had more licensed international teams and the opportunity to build to say the Aus job. (Maybe something for the World Cup edition) but as it is, with only England, Aus and NZ then Orgin or City/country, it's not as big a deal for me.
There's many international tournaments that are simulated in coach mode like the pacific test tournament and an emerging nations tournament it's not just the 3 international teams
(09-13-2015, 07:29 PM)benrhino Wrote: Aye they do, but I don't think they were ever an option, were they in RLL2?

(Maybe something for the World Cup edition) but as it is, with only England, Aus and NZ then Orgin or City/country, it's not as big a deal for me.

In RLL2 Franchise, you can control England in end of year tournaments I'm pretty sure

And yeh, true. But don't forget, we NRL fans here don't give 2 shits either when you guys complain how BA got their super 8's format or whatever it is wrong Smile
(09-13-2015, 07:52 PM)Yuna Wrote:
(09-13-2015, 07:29 PM)benrhino Wrote: Aye they do, but I don't think they were ever an option, were they in RLL2?

(Maybe something for the World Cup edition) but as it is, with only England, Aus and NZ then Orgin or City/country, it's not as big a deal for me.

In RLL2 Franchise, you can control England in end of year tournaments I'm pretty sure

And yeh, true. But don't forget, we NRL fans here don't give 2 shits either when you guys complain how BA got their super 8's format or whatever it is wrong Smile

I honestly can't remember, you could play the exiles mid season, but there were only three teams so I don't think the 4 nations was an option. Happy to be proved wrong though.

No Worries Man, Ive only just started to understand the new format, so Im surprised they got it most of the way right.

Ideally, you'd be able to work your way to being an international coach. But then you'd have that choice to make. I'd also like coach mode to work like be a pro, start coaching U'20s and work your way up. I realise that might not be to everyones taste.
(09-13-2015, 07:17 PM)benrhino Wrote:
(09-13-2015, 06:12 PM)Yuna Wrote:
(09-13-2015, 06:09 PM)benrhino Wrote: I suppose the morale of the story is you can't please everyone.

So Benny, would you rather they include rep teams in career mode or not?

Personally, it doesn't bother me as England don't play mid season internationals anymore Smile

I can understand why people wanted it in, but when people are calling for realism I can justify it not being there. In my experience with for example Fifa the internTional management portion is often left by the wayside by fans when it comes to career mode, and in RLL3 if it was a choice between say having rep coaching in, and having a more realistic club coaching experience, I'd pick club coaching every time.

You make a good point, but I don't think having an option to coach rep teams will take away from the realism at all! I know coaches focus on club or rep coaching now but its not like its impossible for someone to coach both, simply improbable in the modern era. After all its not like they would force you to do both it would simply be an option, so it is actually still keeping in with the idea of realism!

Plus if people really wanted to whinge about it not being real, then i'm guessing they would have a cry about the "Get Your Man" option which allows you to sign any player, and I don't hear anyone complaining about that; NOR SHOULD THEY BECAUSE ITS JUST A GAME AND MODES LIKE THIS ARE FUN!! Big GrinBig Grin
(09-13-2015, 06:09 PM)benrhino Wrote: But people have spent the last however many months reiterating thAt what they want is realism, stuff like promoting players, to having to name a squad early in the week (some people even seemed to want injuries to occur right before the game is about to kick off).

I suppose the morale of the story is you can't please everyone.

I remember a huge thread on here with people talking about how cool it would be to select your representative teams in career mode and even a thread where people selected Origin sides.

Nobody was asking for rep teams to disappear to make the game more realistic.
and in the career mode that is be a pro you can, so that would be true in that circumstance.

It is coaching that does not allow it.

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com