Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rep teams on Career Mode?
I preferred the all caps response, not going to lie
(09-12-2015, 12:27 AM)BRAB Wrote: I preferred the all caps response, not going to lie

Freakin' caps lock! At least it caused me to rewrite it Smile

Big Ant Studios store at www.BigAnt.com
(09-12-2015, 12:23 AM)Ross Wrote:
(09-12-2015, 12:17 AM)Yuna Wrote:
(09-11-2015, 11:41 PM)Ross Wrote:
(09-11-2015, 05:59 PM)Yuna Wrote: You gotta be fucking kidding me? Rep games are not even in be a pro aswell? wtf!

If you jump to conclusions like this again and cause people to incorrectly follow your incorrect lead again I will just erase every post you've made and ban you.

WTF indeed.

Mate, those was not a conclusion. That's why I put questions marks!!!!! I was asking a question

Sure mate - I always say "gotta fucking kidding me" whenever I'm not sure of something. Happens all the time.

Read your post again - How about growing a couple and apologising instead of making excuses?

It's easy to have a go at Yuna, but it took you two and a half days to give us a response to our queries regarding rep games in coach mode (that's not including the months prior people had been asking for information). Big Ant made a big oversight not including it, and if anything, seemed to lack 'a couple' to come forth and give an explanation.
(09-11-2015, 11:47 PM)Ross Wrote:
(09-11-2015, 08:58 PM)SUPADREAMER Wrote: Just started a career mode as coach. Oh man look at all those international comps! So disappointed we can't play them. I'm sure there is a logical reason for this. Will give BA the benefit of the doubt, hopefully there is a way to fix it.

There was a split from the previous game where it became two modes, be a pro and coach, entirely separate from each other.

Be a pro has all of the rep games. Coach does not as it was thought that this was not at all realistic to coach all of the sides - someone picked up on this earlier (yes Yuna, you got it wrong again!). We are looking at what we can do, patience and less WTF's are appreciated while we try to sort something.

Awesome, thanks for the reply. Going for realism makes sense but as an avid sports gamer I honestly like to suspend belief for a bit. For instance in the last RLL2WC I made a custom poor team in England composed of even poorer Irishmen to build them up and eventually win the WC. As Ireland. Totally unrealistic but fun nonetheless, which is the important point.

Glad to hear you can get selected for rep games in pro mode. Just checked it out and am probably going to spend most of my time with it, addictive.

As a side note guys - to get responses from the developers the day after the release is, from my experience, non existent from the big boys. Just saying, good luck getting a response from EA explaining why they've done bugger all to their career mode in fifa 16. Pre season tournaments! Meh we've got the nines, soccer pounces.
(09-11-2015, 11:47 PM)Ross Wrote: We are looking at what we can do, patience and less WTF's are appreciated while we try to sort something.

Now this is what I like to hear!! Big GrinBig Grin Thanks for letting us know that it is being looked into, I think that's where a lot of the frustration was coming from.

You made a fair point that it's not really that realistic to coach all the teams but that's really only a new concept. In the past, State of Origin coaches were often picked out of the best club coaches (and coaches had a say in what players they picked, so hey if you want to patch that feature in too then I won't mind haha Angel ). And let's be honest it's not that realistic that I am coaching the Bunnies and carving it up in the Under 20's team but I'm not complaining.

Back on track, I think attempting to at least add an option where you can earn, or straight up choose to coach rep teams will just polish this game off. It really was one of the most enjoyable features of the previous games.

Anyway thanks for the great game Ross! That's my two cents..
(09-12-2015, 01:22 AM)bert_harbinson Wrote: It's easy to have a go at Yuna, but it took you two and a half days to give us a response to our queries regarding rep games in coach mode (that's not including the months prior people had been asking for information). Big Ant made a big oversight not including it, and if anything, seemed to lack 'a couple' to come forth and give an explanation.

You're correct on one thing - It's easy to have a go at Yuna as he just makes shit up, jumps to conclusions and *never* apologises when he's flat out wrong (see above) and misleads loads of people.

I could not release info prior to the release of the game without authorisation, we do not own this game. I have posted on this more times than I can count.

I took my time to investigate the decisions made and why, I wanted to make sure I gave a true and correct account of the decision made.

Ross how difficult would it be to put rep teams back in career mode? Is it too hard for a regular patch?
(09-12-2015, 04:02 PM)dill1234 Wrote: Ross how difficult would it be to put rep teams back in career mode? Is it too hard for a regular patch?

He's already said they are looking into it. Patience. buddy. I'm sure if it's possible, they will add it in.
I think he was genuinely asking how difficult it would be...
(09-12-2015, 04:02 PM)dill1234 Wrote: Ross how difficult would it be to put rep teams back in career mode? Is it too hard for a regular patch?

It's a reasonably large change but I would always say if I knew it couldn't be done, at this point we're looking into all the things people are listing and ascertaining what is likely needed, what is real and also what it not.