Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Why is the PC version delayed
(09-08-2015, 11:57 PM)BRAB Wrote:
(09-08-2015, 11:46 PM)Ross Wrote: I could very easily come up with a more impressive list of delayed PC release and much more importantly how many games do not come on PC at all, as in ever, but are developed on PC in the first place as all Console game must be.

Well, could you list major AAA releases that were delayed in the same vein as GTA V?

In terms of total games released on all platforms;

Total PS4 games: 713
Total Xbox 360 games: 1,163 (112 exclusive)
Total Xbox One games: 480 (35 exclusive)
Total PS3 Games: 1026 (196 Exclusive)

On September 22, 2014, steam reached 3,700 playable games (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/steam-r...0-6422489/)

That's steam ALONE.

PC is a huge platform, and it's growing every day. If you went to the front pages of EB games RIGHT NOW, the only game that would be delayed on PC is Rugby League Live 3.

Steam is a huge monopoly, very rarely will you find a game these days that doesn't run through Steam. It also launched a good two years before the 360, and three years before the PS3. So it's only natural that it would have a larger game base than a fragmented console audience. That same article from Last September has Steam at one hundred million users, Steam itself is a free platform, the different consoles that have been released since Steam launched, which are all paid platforms, have three hundred and four million combined sales, triple that of Steam's user base. Each one of those users is also paying more for their games. So while delaying a PC launch isn't the most common practice in the world, it's not hard to see why a developer would focus on the console editions more.

This focus even ends up being the case with games that do get a same day release on PC, with PC ports being palmed off to other companies. Just look at the whole Arkham Knight debacle.
(09-09-2015, 12:24 AM)I Love Ross Wrote:
(09-08-2015, 11:46 PM)Ross Wrote: I could very easily come up with a more impressive list of delayed PC release and much more importantly how many games do not come on PC at all, as in ever, but are developed on PC in the first place as all Console game must be.

Well, could you list major AAA releases that were delayed in the same vein as GTA V?

On September 22, 2014, steam reached 3,700 playable games (http://www.gamespot.com/articles/steam-r...0-6422489/)

That's steam ALONE.

PC is a huge platform, and it's growing every day. If you went to the front pages of EB games RIGHT NOW, the only game that would be delayed on PC is Rugby League Live 3.

Steam is a huge monopoly, very rarely will you find a game these days that doesn't run through Steam. It also launched a good two years before the 360, and three years before the PS3. So it's only natural that it would have a larger game base than a fragmented console audience. That same article from Last September has Steam at one hundred million users, Steam itself is a free platform, the different consoles that have been released since Steam launched, which are all paid platforms, have three hundred and four million combined sales, triple that of Steam's user base. Each one of those users is also paying more for their games. So while delaying a PC launch isn't the most common practice in the world, it's not hard to see why a developer would focus on the console editions more.

They aren't focuses on any specific platform more then the other, this delay is purely a business decision between TB and BA as confirmed by Ross due to their feeling that an early PC release will result in piracy which will hurt sales (which some of this don't agree with as average consumers). Given that he runs a Games company and we do not then it's pointless arguing this further. He has explained his decision and will many of us (including) me don't agree with it that decision it is not going to change.

If however there is a two month delay I will be pissed.
That is still a focus on the console release, if only from a marketing stand point of giving it to the bigger market first.
(09-09-2015, 12:29 AM)I Love Ross Wrote: That is still a focus on the console release, if only from a marketing stand point of giving it to the bigger market first.

From a business point of view yes, not a development one.
(09-09-2015, 12:24 AM)I Love Ross Wrote:

That's steam ALONE.

This focus even ends up being the case with games that do get a same day release on PC, with PC ports being palmed off to other companies. Just look at the whole Arkham Knight debacle.

That was my point mate. (In bold)

The rest of your post I agree with to an extent, but it's pretty irrelevant to the topic at hand.
(09-09-2015, 12:36 AM)StevoIRL Wrote:
(09-09-2015, 12:29 AM)I Love Ross Wrote: That is still a focus on the console release, if only from a marketing stand point of giving it to the bigger market first.

From a business point of view yes, not a development one.

Well they are a business.....
Using GTA V as an example is pretty bad as it was pretty obvious they delayed the PC version because they knew mods would add more of an enticement for people to re buy it on PC. They released it on 360/PS3 then on PS4/XB1 then on PC it was 100% about maximizing profits and had very little if anything to do with piracy.

So BA is more than likely delaying the PC version expecting the impatient people which is most of us these days to buy it on the consoles and then to re buy it on PC when it gets released thus maximizing the profits they can achieve.

So the waiting game begins. Smile
Sorry, i'm bad in english, but in the FAQ there is :
Quote:It is noted RLL3 on console versions and pc steam version are expected to be released simultaneously.
So is it not the case anymore ?
(09-08-2015, 10:28 PM)BRAB Wrote:
(09-08-2015, 10:20 PM)krypter Wrote:
(09-08-2015, 10:18 PM)mikeyo Wrote: "Oh whinge whinge f*&king whinge" -

Of course I am I don't like having to wait months more than everyone else for something

I do agree they will be now getting more sales because I will now end up buying the Xbox One and buying it on Xbox one then getting the PC version because the delay is so large. Fine you will get more money off be but I do feel pretty mugged off, by all involved

Then just get a console. You miss out on all the exclusive games too.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_...sive_games

You're so ignorant

If you want a real debate head over to the thread ruck linked

Consol

Come at be bro

[Image: bring_it_on_matrix.gif]

PC's are just money wasters!!! The fact that PC is delayed is a testament to how much waste it is.
(09-09-2015, 03:47 AM)theaigle Wrote: Sorry, i'm bad in english, but in the FAQ there is :
Quote:It is noted RLL3 on console versions and pc steam version are expected to be released simultaneously.
So is it not the case anymore ?

No longer the case.