Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Release Date
(09-03-2015, 08:50 AM)Ross Wrote: "let it rain"... there will be similar for him on RLL3 - I look forward to his whinging about stuff that doesn't work.....

Doubt it, if it doesn't work for me then it won't work for anyone else since I'm buying the game and I'll have the same copies as everyone on XBONE

What happened to DBC?
(09-03-2015, 09:11 AM)C A Iversen Wrote:
(09-03-2015, 08:50 AM)Ross Wrote: CA - he's a thief, he has an Xbox 360 that is modified to play pirated Xbox 360 games. Indeed, the mod he has is for explicitly only playing pirated games, there is not even the charade of using it to play imports etc. It's purely for piracy.

Nothing he says here will carry any weight with me and of course we all know what DBC did to pirates - "let it rain"... there will be similar for him on RLL3 - I look forward to his whinging about stuff that doesn't work.....
money can be earned by anyone with talent or ability. It's out there for the making.

Honestly, a lot of time it doesn't even take that. A lot of people are out there making decent money for simply being average at their job.

Having talent just means you're likely to go further. For example, a talented police officer is going to become a detective a hell of a lot sooner than an untalented police officer. I do agree though, there is a hell of a lot of money out there if you simply have a skill and take the time to learn a skill.

As for pirating, I think we've all engaged in it at some point whether it's watching a film clip on YouTube or listening to a song off an unofficial account. When it comes to big time companies who make millions and millions I find it's a little more acceptable to the masses.

The smaller companies a lot of the time live or die by your purchase though and they can't afford to be pirated.
(09-03-2015, 09:20 AM)SOR Wrote: As for pirating, I think we've all engaged in it at some point whether it's watching a film clip on YouTube or listening to a song off an unofficial account. When it comes to big time companies who make millions and millions I find it's a little more acceptable to the masses.

The smaller companies a lot of the time live or die by your purchase though and they can't afford to be pirated.

I don't think we've all engaged in it. You Tube is responsible for what they put up and take-down notices will have them take video down which isn't permitted. Also, you don't end up keeping the clips.

I might be a mug, but I still buy my films, music and games, as I like what comes with it most of the time and if not Itunes is a very reasonable price. Spotify is also another good option.

I think it's rich coming on a forum that includes both the owner and staff of a company that make games and then alluding to stealing though and you're asking for it really

Note : not making accusations
(09-03-2015, 08:50 AM)Ross Wrote: CA - he's a thief, he has an Xbox 360 that is modified to play pirated Xbox 360 games. Indeed, the mod he has is for explicitly only playing pirated games, there is not even the charade of using it to play imports etc. It's purely for piracy.

Nothing he says here will carry any weight with me and of course we all know what DBC did to pirates - "let it rain"... there will be similar for him on RLL3 - I look forward to his whinging about stuff that doesn't work.....

What's let it rain?
(09-03-2015, 09:48 AM)napa Wrote: What's let it rain?

A wonderful gift to people without a legit copy of DBC. Big Grin
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
(09-03-2015, 09:36 AM)C A Iversen Wrote:
(09-03-2015, 09:20 AM)SOR Wrote: As for pirating, I think we've all engaged in it at some point whether it's watching a film clip on YouTube or listening to a song off an unofficial account. When it comes to big time companies who make millions and millions I find it's a little more acceptable to the masses.

I don't think we've all engaged in it. You Tube is responsible for what they put up and take-down notices will have them take video down which isn't permitted. Also, you don't end up keeping the clips.

I might be a mug, but I still buy my films, music and games, as I like what comes with it most of the time and if not Itunes is a very reasonable price. Spotify is also another good option.

I think it comes down to your definition of "pirating". To me, pirating is viewing/having a copy of something that you didn't acquire legally.

The law is murky on all of this but I believe they only class it as piracy if you have an actual copy of it. Therefore, listening to a song on YouTube would be okay but downloading a song off YouTube would be against the law.
Some people have a rain-delayed match, others have a match-delayed rain.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.”
I love how creative developers are with dealing with pirates ign and the like have good top ten type lists of things like this
Football Manager is really good at stopping pirates. With their game you need to download it to Steam and you need internet access to play it. Without a Steam code you legitimately cannot play the game.

It annoyed me when they first implemented it because I loved playing offline but you can set Steam to "Play Offline" so now it's not a problem.