Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RLL3 Hands-on Preview
Correct he says u control everyone during matches.

IM presuming you were Wigan in the V Souths video?

I am concerned about the first 80 seconds (I stopped it there to write this) as the Souths players looked like they were covered in baby oil, was it cos you had no idea how to tackle? (serious question, ie was it one of your first matches?)

Edit

I think you are souths, there is no way the Ai break that many tackles on Rookie. After seeing wigan do nothing with the ball id say they are the AI.

Edit # 2

Looking at the Burgess try replay around 11:35 im concerned about the defensive centre, why does he run backwards for 20 metres rather than make a play at burgess? Ive seen this a few times, might be minor but there is a lot of players running backwards.
(08-31-2015, 08:55 PM)Mav_78 Wrote: Looking at the Burgess try replay around 11:35 im concerned about the defensive centre, why does he run backwards for 20 metres rather than make a play at burgess? Ive seen this a few times, might be minor but there is a lot of players running backwards.

1, it is clear he is Souths as that is the only team with a player marker and name in the bottom corner.

2, I'm also a little concerned by that particular play. Watching it "live" it looked good but then in the replay it looks terrible. If it was just the refs then it's funny but, that try shouldn't have been scored, although with all the fends it may have been anyway but you get my point.
(08-31-2015, 06:51 PM)SOR Wrote: Hey Roaddhogg.

Rep teams, can you choose them yourself in career mode?

Unfortunately, even though I had this in my notes to check, I ran out of time.

(08-31-2015, 07:40 PM)Yuna Wrote: What is the A.I like in Legend difficulty? Are they challenging or do they still run straight and never pass like they do in RLL2? Do they take advantage of overlaps and stuff like that?

I found it very challenging -- I'm not very good at the game, though! General AI play is definitely an improvement over RLL2. I've seen a lot written about 'hot potato' plays but I didn't feel like this was the case too often. CPU definitely find space and attempt to counter your current defensive line strategy.

(08-31-2015, 08:18 PM)krypter Wrote: Scouts? Sweet

I think they're actually called a 'support team', or something similar. They seem to be made up of a mix of agents and scouts. There's three networks to choose from; the more expensive ones are better at helping you sign star players.

(08-31-2015, 08:27 PM)THEgamefreak274 Wrote: The souths gameplay wasnt too pleasing, should've played on a harder difficulty.

Agreed, I'm actually going to replace that video in the preview with one I have uploading now as it's not a fair reflection on the overall gameplay. I'd been starved of tries for my few matches prior to that (my own fault), so I wanted to capture a decent amount of scores.

(08-31-2015, 08:27 PM)ET1980 Wrote: So in Be a Coach mode is it like PES with Salary Cap's and can you watch the game beeing played and call out differnt tactic's etc?? or do you have to play it

You either play the full match or sim it (no spectating). Defensive line and a couple of attacking tactics can be called in any match using the D-pad. Salary cap is in.

(08-31-2015, 08:55 PM)Mav_78 Wrote: IM presuming you were Wigan in the V Souths video?

I am concerned about the first 80 seconds (I stopped it there to write this) as the Souths players looked like they were covered in baby oil, was it cos you had no idea how to tackle? (serious question, ie was it one of your first matches?)

I think you are souths, there is no way the Ai break that many tackles on Rookie. After seeing wigan do nothing with the ball id say they are the AI.

Looking at the Burgess try replay around 11:35 im concerned about the defensive centre, why does he run backwards for 20 metres rather than make a play at burgess? Ive seen this a few times, might be minor but there is a lot of players running backwards.

I was Souths, yeah. As I said above, rookie difficulty definitely isn't the best setting to showcase the game and I'll be swapping out this video in the preview. The AI largely seems the same as on Amateur, but they compensate by overpowering evasions.

I know what you're saying with regards to the defence - they seem to turn a second too late. I can say in the 15+ games I played, this didn't happen all that often but I did notice it once or twice (it's also worth noting again this match was played on rookie). Alternative Software indicated there is a day one patch with a number of AI tweaks, don't know what exactly they'll involve though.
(08-31-2015, 08:55 PM)Mav_78 Wrote: I am concerned about the first 80 seconds (I stopped it there to write this) as the Souths players looked like they were covered in baby oil, was it cos you had no idea how to tackle? (serious question, ie was it one of your first matches?)

Mav, please say that you can tell between who is the controlled player and who is the A.I

Hey Roaddog,

on your next video that you're uploading. What difficulty will the A.I be on? Have you got any videos where the A.I is set to Legend?
(08-31-2015, 10:00 PM)Roaddhogg Wrote: Alternative Software indicated there is a day one patch with a number of AI tweaks, don't know what exactly they'll involve though.

Good old Alternative spilling the beans again, gotta love 'em.
^^awesome, thank **** for that
(08-31-2015, 10:01 PM)Yuna Wrote: Mav, please say that you can tell between who is the controlled player and who is the A.I

Watched it all and worked it out.

Roady... the day 1 Patch... interesting.

Ross ? HBK? Can you elaborate?
(08-31-2015, 10:10 PM)Mav_78 Wrote: Ross ? HBK? Can you elaborate?

Hopefully a patch to make the A.I play more expansive footy. The A.I seems pretty lackluster in the Shaun Johnson be a pro video, and that was in the Auckland 9's mode too
What games have you been watching Yuna? If anything they're a it too hot potatoey imo
(08-31-2015, 10:21 PM)BRAB Wrote: What games have you been watching Yuna? If anything they're a it too hot potatoey imo

Yeh they are, but I rather them hot potatoey than doing nothing at all like in RLL2.

I was expecting the A.I in RLL3 to have a better running game this time around, like I want to see them beat my player by swerving or wrong footing me or using pace to run around my slower player. I haven't seen that yet and I don't think it will be in the game.