Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Early Release
(08-31-2015, 03:12 PM)SOR Wrote:
(08-31-2015, 02:58 PM)dill1234 Wrote: I can't see how people can be okay with all this just to get a game a week early. Especially when we have already waited 9 months or so

Just a stab in the dark here but perhaps everyone on this board doesn't know the legal procedure of a game breaking street date and didn't know all the problems that could occur?

It's easy to get up on that high horse when you have information that we do not.
true we don't know the information but isn't better to be safe then sorry i wouldn't want the game a few days early at the expense of someones job
(08-31-2015, 03:36 PM)napa Wrote: true we don't know the information but isn't better to be safe then sorry i wouldn't want the game a few days early at the expense of someones job

good on you mate, you're one honourable human being.

But post that on facebook and urge them not to break release date and see if anyone will give 2 shits about it.
(08-31-2015, 03:42 PM)Yuna Wrote:
(08-31-2015, 03:36 PM)napa Wrote: true we don't know the information but isn't better to be safe then sorry i wouldn't want the game a few days early at the expense of someones job

good on you mate, you're one honourable human being.

But post that on facebook and urge them not to break release date and see if anyone will give 2 shits about it.

Only the 5% of assholes in this wouldnt
I'll be definitely getting the game as soon as its released since breaking the release date has nothing to with me.

But you are more than welcome to wait till the 10th since buying the game before that means that you support broken release date and also meaning that it came with the expense of someone's job.
These days no one gives a shit about the next man, as long as they get what they want that's all that matters to them.

I'll be copping mine straight away once I hear it's broken.
^^this
(08-31-2015, 03:12 PM)SOR Wrote:
(08-31-2015, 02:58 PM)dill1234 Wrote: I can't see how people can be okay with all this just to get a game a week early. Especially when we have already waited 9 months or so

Just a stab in the dark here but perhaps everyone on this board doesn't know the legal procedure of a game breaking street date and didn't know all the problems that could occur?

It's easy to get up on that high horse when you have information that we do not.
Haha didn't particularly mean to get on my high horse, I was more just commenting on how I felt about it now I had the info. I wasn't trying to have a go at anyone although now I read what I wrote it did sound like that

And yeah if the release date is broken I'll be getting mine ASAP too, I just wouldn't want to be the first guy
(08-31-2015, 04:00 PM)dill1234 Wrote: I just wouldn't want to be the first guy

why not?
(08-31-2015, 03:02 PM)Yuna Wrote: You seriously believe what the store maanger said? That's something that I would say to a random customer who keeps asking for something that isn't available yet.

140k fine? Get real mate.

Yeah I do believe her, I've known her for quite a while and I don't see why she would lie. She even cited her store budget for the year as an example of why it wouldn't be worth breaking Street date for a game. However I think a fine like that might be reserved for games like Skyrim, GTA V etc

(08-31-2015, 04:02 PM)Yuna Wrote:
(08-31-2015, 04:00 PM)dill1234 Wrote: I just wouldn't want to be the first guy

why not?

Because then I would be the one directly responsible for the ensuing shitstorm. Doesn't particularly make me a good person for not caring if I'm not directly involved but I feel like I'm not as bad as the guys who are going around to every store in their area trying to trick some poor employee into almost certainly losing their job. Ya know?
to be fair most retailers post games a day early when they are bought online to make sure it gets to you on the release date or the day after depending on where you live and where its sent from.

When I was living in Sydney dick smith always sent it a day early and it usually turned up that afternoon. Not always but a fair bit.

I am actually really regretting preordering with mighty ape for the cheaper price- did not realise it was a NZ based company. So i'll be watching the live stream haha, and will be great to see what the regulars on this forum really think after a day long binge on the game.