Poll: Ultimate Team for RLL4
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Probably not
53.19%
25 53.19%
Ultimate Team for RLL4
46.81%
22 46.81%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Ultimate Team for RLL4
(08-22-2015, 12:40 PM)Burnsy2012 Wrote: Microtrasactions would be a good way for Big Ant to net some coin but it would be about not making them overpowered and unfair. Coming up against Messi and Ronaldo in the division 10 (The lowest to elaborate) was a massive turn off for me.

Play to win is always my desired path. Gives me more value out of the game I payed $90 for building my team from the bottom to the top by playing the game. Feels heaps more rewarding also.

I think everybody would find it really cool if legends were in this like they are in FIFA UT. Would be brilliant to have legends like Reg Gasnier, Clive Churchill, Wally Lewis and more recent ones like Johns, Lockyer and Fittler as extremely rare prospects in packs.

I agree with you but all those legends can be created in the fanhub now

(08-22-2015, 12:22 PM)SOR Wrote: Madden way back in the day (Early 2000's I believe) had cards you'd earn from accomplishing certain tasks in a game.

RLL2 had that as well but you could never do anything with your experience points. Imagine if you could cash 500,000 experience points for 50,000 packs of cards? Would be cool.

They could have unlockables in the game such as real game high lights etc.

I remember one of the other league games had video clips you could unlock. It may have been the first Rugby League game on PS2?
Rugby League Live 3 isn't even out yet and you're already talking about RLL4...
(08-22-2015, 02:04 PM)DNAngel Wrote: Rugby League Live 3 isn't even out yet and you're already talking about RLL4...

Good spot

Wink

I don't think there would be much point in an RL ultimate team yet if I'm honest. The reason why it works so well on FIFA is because there are sooooooo many players. There aren't enough players on RL games yet for it to work particularly well tbh. If we included more league across the world and amateur players then it might be worth it, but that would take a heck of a lot of research, time and resources.
They would probably just have to change the concept of it all. Copying the complete concept of FIFA UT would be technically ripping the game mode off. I don't know how the would change it but I'm sure if they run with it for the next game they will come up with a good concept and even call it something like ' NRL Dream Team' or something.

Did I mention that they could do something with the concept?
Adding UT would be fantastic.

The biggest problem would be if the fanbase is big enough for it to work.
(08-23-2015, 02:05 AM)Dann_K Wrote:
(08-22-2015, 02:04 PM)DNAngel Wrote: Rugby League Live 3 isn't even out yet and you're already talking about RLL4...

Good spot

Wink

I don't think there would be much point in an RL ultimate team yet if I'm honest. The reason why it works so well on FIFA is because there are sooooooo many players. There aren't enough players on RL games yet for it to work particularly well tbh. If we included more league across the world and amateur players then it might be worth it, but that would take a heck of a lot of research, time and resources.

NBA MyTeam works well with not a heap of players. There is a lot more players in regular NRL squad than NBA squads. I don't see the amount of unlockable players being an issue.
And they could always add in the lower NZ grades ect. There would quite aloof players if you think about it
Quick maths tells me we are lacking only a little in terms of players compared to fifa... They have over 14,000 more players than us :O. Just having a look at multiple sports games different concepts could bring up a winning one.

Unsure how NBA MyTeam works but MyClub on PES works in a manner where managers have an overall amount of cost they can take. Players then have a cost (The top players have a larger cost. Say your JT's might be 550 whereas an under 20's half might be 40) and if your squads overall cost exceeds the managers cost, then you lose almost all of your team spirit/chemistry, which strongly hurts your teams performance.

So say if someone is lucky enough get JT in a pack. They may have to use him in a squad of young low rated under 20's players to not exceed the coaches cost. With skill based matchmaking it shouldn't be so OP that way.

The PES system of obtaining players would be a bit more operative in my opinion. You only get one player at a time in MyClub. That could stop someone from saving up for a gold pack with potentially 3 or 4 players in it and having a full gold team by day one. Also lessens the chance of pulling top players.
Don't understand Ultimate Team on FIFA so why would i want it on RLL4??

A big NO!!
I think something like the ultimate team will be a great idea, personally I think the pay to win aspect is marginal and when you have people in loads of different divisional ranks then it comes to balance it out. I think its really fun and competitive ultimate team and it gives people the option to develop the team financially or just by grinding it out also fundamentally it would enable the developers to get some more money to improve the game as a whole. This would start to put RLL slightly more on par with EA