Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Hands On Impressions
^^Interesting. From the gameplay videos I can't really noticed that all tackles are dynamic. It seems pretty similar to RLL2, guess we have to play it to find out.
(08-24-2015, 09:31 PM)Yuna Wrote: ^^Interesting. From the gameplay videos I can't really noticed that all tackles are dynamic. It seems pretty similar to RLL2, guess we have to play it to find out.

Yea, but maybe people are not using certain features (like speed up the ball with right analog) maybe once you go into a struggle tackle you can try and struggle your self free, with some button or analog button combination. If not, what would be the point of the tackle meter. Unless you can only just struggle for extra meters, rather then actually breaking out of the tackle?

Cheers and Salud
(08-24-2015, 09:39 PM)lionmaul Wrote:
(08-24-2015, 09:31 PM)Yuna Wrote: ^^Interesting. From the gameplay videos I can't really noticed that all tackles are dynamic. It seems pretty similar to RLL2, guess we have to play it to find out.

Yea, but maybe people are not using certain features (like speed up the ball with right analog) maybe once you go into a struggle tackle you can try and struggle your self free, with some button or analog button combination. If not, what would be the point of the tackle meter. Unless you can only just struggle for extra meters, rather then actually breaking out of the tackle?

Cheers and Salud

tackle meter? interesting.
being able to wiggle free from a tackle should be rare. otherwise it'd be op?
(08-24-2015, 09:43 PM)Nightwolf Wrote:
(08-24-2015, 09:39 PM)lionmaul Wrote:

Cheers and Salud

tackle meter? interesting.
being able to wiggle free from a tackle should be rare. otherwise it'd be op?

Yes, they should be on rare occasions(similar to the odd player spin that was thrown in as a surprise moves in RLL2) but just having the chance of it happening is what brings that much needed unknown variable to the game that in return give us unpredictability in the game which in turn brings great excitement to each phase of play.

Would love to have a detailed explanation of how the dynamic tackling worksSmile. Ross?

Cheers and Salud
Cheese and...salad?
The tackle metre has to do with holding the tackle button down, drawing the defender into the attacker to attempt the tackle, timing is still required (semi automated tackling). If that's not your cup of tea, then just press the tackle button like normal to attempt the tackle, nothing to do with the struggle system.

If you watch the linked video, it's the red bar that fills up when making a tackle at the bottom of the player marker.

https://youtu.be/JZPEDkPtlk4
Red bar? you mean the blue bar (stamina bar) at the bottom half of the circle right?
(08-24-2015, 09:56 PM)theaxe1606 Wrote: The tackle metre has to do with holding the tackle button down, drawing the defender into the attacker to attempt the tackle, timing is still required (semi automated tackling). If that's not your cup of tea, then just press the tackle button like normal to attempt the tackle, nothing to do with the struggle system.

If you watch the linked video, it's the red bar that fills up when making a tackle at the bottom of the player marker.

https://youtu.be/JZPEDkPtlk4

"Dynamic Tackling System: Fend and break tackle your way past multiple defenders and use the new dynamic Struggle and Drag system to burst over the line to score or alternatively drag them into touch!"

This official feature list makes it look like they would be related. The way it is written it seems like the offense has an opportunity to fight for those extra meters and the defense can counter it with the tackle meter, there has to be some advantage to using the tackle meter opposed to normal tackle, if not what would be the point? I just think people in the play sessions have not had sufficient time to really analyze this part of the game and explore there offensive and defensive options to there fullest, they just pick up and play like they were playing RLL2. From the past games Big Ant always likes to leave a few surprises in the gameWink

Cheers and Salud

(08-24-2015, 09:55 PM)SOR Wrote: Cheese and...salad?

Actually, they go pretty good together. Although, the cheese would add some considerable calories.

Cheers and Salud
The defense line speed seems to be toned down to normal speed. I like it how Shaun Johnson got plenty of time to get the kick away. In RLL2, the defence line speed was so fast that it was like a bunch of seagulls coming at you going for that one chip.
(08-24-2015, 10:05 PM)Yuna Wrote: Red bar? you mean the blue bar (stamina bar) at the bottom half of the circle right?

Yes, the stamina bar changes, turns red and fills up.

This is from Dill's write up on the first page.

(08-21-2015, 09:36 AM)dill1234 Wrote: An added feature BA have included that could be controversial to some people is the new "homing tackling" button, which some of you might pick up in the videos as the bars that fill up below the player when they approach for a tackle. Apparently if you hold either X or O (on playstation) your player automatically homes in on the attacker in a similar method to Fifa. It's something I don't think I'll use much but still might be a big deal to some

Then a reply to a question later.

(08-21-2015, 12:01 PM)dill1234 Wrote: Yeah mate I asked one of the devs there and he said that gauge is for people using the homing button, he reckoned it wasn't useful for people who just pressed the button as they tackled

And then you said...

(08-21-2015, 01:05 PM)Yuna Wrote: This zoning in thing for tackling sounds good. Similar to madden me thinks