Poll: What will we get?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Gameplay Trailer
15.91%
7 15.91%
Release Date & Trailer
47.73%
21 47.73%
FanHub Update
22.73%
10 22.73%
Game Released!
13.64%
6 13.64%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.11 Average
Random Stuff being discussed this week.
Id say they wil go 6 roberts 7 elgey
Elegy looks promising. When Roberts is on his game he's decent but when he plays bad, he lets the team down majorly. I'm not sure if they did or not but the Titans should of made a bid for Maloney before he signed with sharks.
(08-17-2015, 04:52 PM)roostersule2 Wrote: You wouldn't be a fool if you didn't stick them together.

He still makes many rookie errors though.

DCE and Foran were older though, and had more of a development then Elgey and Taylor. Not to mention there's a huge difference in class between Manly in 2010-2011 and the Titans next year.

They were still young halves, and we're talking about halves specifically. I've already said we won't win a premiership, but they could still fire and have us in the bottom end of the top 8
(08-17-2015, 04:19 PM)Grizzly Yeti Wrote: So Titans just signed Tyrone Roberts. To be honest I think that's a bad signing considering they went for cherry and didn't get him. They had a bit of money to spend and they decided to buy Roberts......I don't know what they were thinking.

It is a bad signing. Roberts is an "okay" half but at NRL level you want more than "okay".

Also, isn't he second string for the Knights? The preferred Knights halves combination is Gidley and Jarrod Mullen, right?

(08-17-2015, 05:34 PM)Grizzly Yeti Wrote: Elegy looks promising. When Roberts is on his game he's decent but when he plays bad, he lets the team down majorly. I'm not sure if they did or not but the Titans should of made a bid for Maloney before he signed with sharks.

Titans had something like 1.1 million a season for DCE alone did they not? Probably could have got James Maloney (Zero Tackle says Maloney will make 450,000 next year) or Trent Hodkinson (Set to make 600,000 next year according to Zero Tackle)

Take one of them, play them in their preferred position and have Elgley play the opposite side. If you went with Maloney (Who is a steal at 450,000) you could probably have got Hannant for around 300,000 and David Shillington as well giving you two capable props to replace Myles and an experienced half to mentor your inexperienced half. Obviously Titans had a big chunk of money so they probably could have still got Nathan Friend to return as well.

This could have been the Titans team in 2016 in my opinion:

1. Josh Hoffman 2. David Mead 3. James Roberts 4. Nene McDonald 5. Kevin Gordon 6. James Maloney 7. Kane Elgley 8. Luke Douglas 9. Nathan Friend 10. David Shillington 11. Ryan James 12. Eddy Pettybourne 13. Greg Bird 14. Matt White 15. Ben Hannant 16. Ben Ridge 17. Daniel Mortimer

Probably not going to win you a competition (Second Row is a bit weak) but I think they make the 8 if they stay injury free with that kind of line up. If they had managed to re-sign Nate Myles and get DCE (Which never was an option for them, allegedly) I think they'd start being a threat. Backline is really good (Apart from McDonald) whilst the forwards aren't terrible.

Elgley/Roberts? No.
Ashley Taylor will be a legend of the game, mark my words. That kid has something special.
(08-17-2015, 07:52 PM)krypter Wrote: Ashley Taylor will be a legend of the game, mark my words. That kid has something special.

Never heard of him. Who does he play for?
(08-17-2015, 07:53 PM)THEgamefreak274 Wrote:
(08-17-2015, 07:52 PM)krypter Wrote: Ashley Taylor will be a legend of the game, mark my words. That kid has something special.

I think he's Holden Cup for the Broncos. I've not heard a lot but from what I've heard he's good.
(08-17-2015, 07:47 PM)SOR Wrote: Titans had something like 1.1 million a season for DCE alone did they not? Probably could have got James Maloney (Zero Tackle says Maloney will make 450,000 next year) or Trent Hodkinson (Set to make 600,000 next year according to Zero Tackle)

Take one of them, play them in their preferred position and have Elgley play the opposite side. If you went with Maloney (Who is a steal at 450,000) you could probably have got Hannant for around 300,000 and David Shillington as well giving you two capable props to replace Myles and an experienced half to mentor your inexperienced half. Obviously Titans had a big chunk of money so they probably could have still got Nathan Friend to return as well.

1. Josh Hoffman 2. David Mead 3. James Roberts 4. Nene McDonald 5. Kevin Gordon 6. James Maloney 7. Kane Elgley 8. Luke Douglas 9. Nathan Friend 10. David Shillington 11. Ryan James 12. Eddy Pettybourne 13. Greg Bird 14. Matt White 15. Ben Hannant 16. Ben Ridge 17. Daniel Mortimer

Probably not going to win you a competition (Second Row is a bit weak) but I think they make the 8 if they stay injury free with that kind of line up. If they had managed to re-sign Nate Myles and get DCE (Which never was an option for them, allegedly) I think they'd start being a threat. Backline is really good (Apart from McDonald) whilst the forwards aren't terrible.

Elgley/Roberts? No.

We went for both for sure, absolutely 100%

Didn't actually get either as it turned out.

I could personally see LG going to the next level in 2016, hopefully Taylor can play like LG has this year.

In all probability we're still bottom 4 next year, but a few tweaks, some good form and a bit of luck could push us pretty high up.

I totally agree that when it looked like we had DCE, Myles and extras it looked like we were set to be contenders next year.

Damn shame it didn't happen.
(08-17-2015, 07:53 PM)THEgamefreak274 Wrote:

He's the young Broncos half the titans have apparently signed. The games I have seen him play, he's really impressed me.
(08-17-2015, 07:55 PM)BRAB Wrote:
(08-17-2015, 07:47 PM)SOR Wrote: Titans had something like 1.1 million a season for DCE alone did they not? Probably could have got James Maloney (Zero Tackle says Maloney will make 450,000 next year) or Trent Hodkinson (Set to make 600,000 next year according to Zero Tackle)

Elgley/Roberts? No.

We went for both for sure, absolutely 100%

Didn't actually get either as it turned out.

I could personally see LG going to the next level in 2016, hopefully Taylor can play like LG has this year.

In all probability we're still bottom 4 next year, but a few tweaks, some good form and a bit of luck could push us pretty high up.

I totally agree that when it looked like we had DCE, Myles and extras it looked like we were set to be contenders next year.

Damn shame it didn't happen.

It's a shame you guys couldn't get Maloney for the price the Sharks got him. He was playing Origin 2 years ago and he's on like a quarter of what DCE is at Manly.

Shillington will be good for you guys if he's in the same form he is now and I have a feeling you guys will sign another prop or two for 2016.